Important Notice: The site is currently being upgraded to a new software system. This process could take a day or two to complete. During that time, we are going to leave the site up here, on its old software. WHAT GETS POSTED HERE DURING THIS TRANSITION WILL NOT BE COPIED OVER ONTO THE NEW SITE, WHEN THE UPGRADE IS COMPLETE. When we swap over, the content posted while this message is visible will be lost. We wanted to give you folks a place to hang out and talk while we worked though. We will let you know when we are finished. Please pardon the inconvenience, during this transition.

Home Forums Classifieds GT Store Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-05-2012, 20:25   #1
randr1979

trail gun for zoobic safari

bringing the family to subic for a safari this weekend. friends tell me the vehicles are not that sturdy and i'll probably bring a carry piece just in case some wild animal decides to eat occupants.

what would you suggest i pack? i currently edc a 9mm auto but i think that would be too small if a tiger attacks, i do have a ptc for a 357 snubby and a 45 auto also. i know trail guns are usually 44mag and up but this is all i have.

which would you bring?
randr1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 20:41   #2
g30sfjeepguy

I would def pick .45 between the choices. I'd also pack so quality +p rounds in that to.
Old 07-05-2012, 21:53   #3
Allegra

Not sure if you're serious hehe
But I doubt tigers will be stopped by a pistol unless youhit something vital
I've read they are the hardest cat to kill

Pero you might need a pistol to wake them up
the last time I've been there , they look bored to death

mas takot ako dun sa ostrich
gusto nila tumabi sayo sa train
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 22:35   #4
randr1979

yeah i suppose it's highly unlikely they will attack, to them we are nice animals bringing them food, but well you never know, siegfried and roy.jpg
Old 07-05-2012, 23:14   #5
Allegra

I saw a tv show na local where they had a vid of the caretaker being mauled by white tigers, i think this was in cavite
Coultdnt find it sa youtube
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Old 07-06-2012, 08:29   #6
PMMA97
MNSAmessdetail

Those tigers in Subic are hungry come tourist time.
And believe me they will eat you given the slightest chance (just ask the manong who will be feeding the tigers).
I carried 9mm ranger sxt's when our group toured the place but I was thinking kung magkano babayaran ko once I kill a tiger.

For reference watch this clip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
PMMA97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:41   #7
randr1979

if they did try to eat you, tour operator will probably be liable. or if tigers get it they'll write it off
Old 07-06-2012, 09:46   #8
atmarcella

parang safe naman ang jeep.....pero for if you really want to carry rest assured a pistol is enough if you hit them where it counts,

Quote:
Pistol Versus Bear
One of the first deputies to start pulling triggers was Jonathan Merry. He settled the red dot of his Vortex optic on a gray wolf, and pressed the trigger of his M4. The animal was soon down and done. Merry returned to his patrol car, put the rifle inside and closed the door. He was about to enter the driver’s door and bring his patrol car back to the central scene when a black bear found him.
He saw the animal make eye contact. There were many directions in which it could have moved, but it lowered its head and charged him on all fours, growling. Outside the vehicle and unable to retrieve his rifle from inside it, he drew his pistol and fired.
The animal was coming full speed, and he has no recollection of aiming, only of focusing on its head and hoping to plant his shot in the brain.
The animal was 10′ away when he pressed the trigger of his department issue Glock 22.
The bear collapsed instantly from the single shot, its momentum skidding it virtually to Merry’s feet. He couldn’t see the wound in the bear’s furry head, but he figured it must have been a brain hit to drop the charging animal that fast. It looked as if the terrifying confrontation was over, but he knew how dangerous the animal would be if it regained its feet. With care — and with regret — he aimed the Glock this time and put a second 165-gr. Winchester Ranger-T .40 slug into the animal’s brain.
Before the night was over, he would also shoot a Bengal tiger, a full-grown lioness, three male African lions and a grizzly bear; all with the M4. After the close call with the black bear at the car, he wouldn’t be caught without a rifle in his hand again, for the rest of the night.
http://www.americanhandgunner.com/li...0%94-for-real/
Old 07-06-2012, 10:03   #9
Allegra

fafi , he shot the bear w/ a pistol
Pero dun sa bengal tiger , sang katutak na 308 at 223 rounds binaril nila di mamatay matay si tiger
- the Camel Driver
Old 07-06-2012, 14:41   #10
PMMA97
MNSAmessdetail

Quote:
Originally Posted by randr1979 View Post
if they did try to eat you, tour operator will probably be liable. or if tigers get it they'll write it off
That is if you satisfy the lawful elements of self defense

But once there the tigers would be the least of your worries.

I suggest you wear comfortable shoes and a hydration bag. Senior citizens in our group compared the tour to the Bataan Death March and wished for A/C

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
PMMA97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 15:38   #11
atmarcella

sabagay.....mas makapal cguro skull ng tiger.
Old 07-06-2012, 15:38   #12
atmarcella

pero if you ask me....safe na ang jeep.
Old 07-06-2012, 17:08   #13
Allegra

baka they also have 9 lives
- the Camel Driver
Old 07-06-2012, 21:55   #14
jimbullet

I rode that jeep years ago and it appeared to be very sturdy. It is very unlikely for the tigers to get you from inside assuming they do become aggressive. Having said that, I still packed the only carry gun I had at that time, which was my g26, with a mini "switch" on it (alam nyo na yan).

I doubt if ever I emptied 3 mags that it would stop any attack if the tigers decided to make a meal out of us but it would have hurt them considerably.
BOG#125
PNZ#15130
PAASS Badge#3104
jimbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 22:26   #15
MERCMADE
BULLET PROOF

Send a message via Yahoo to MERCMADE
i'd shoot the friggin driver(kayangkya ng 9 un) then feed him to the tigers to get away , 'cause if it gets to that, it would have been their fault.

Last edited by MERCMADE; 07-07-2012 at 22:32..
MERCMADE is offline   Reply With Quote