SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-02-2014, 18:31   #1
cookand
War Eagle!!

Sight rec for G20

Hey folks, Just sold my G20 and will be getting a SF or Gen4 shortly. Looking for recs on upgrading sights. The main use will be as a woods sidearm but would like sights I can be accurate enough to take a deer/hog at a reasonable distance. Any night sights fall in this category? Thanks for any help.
Old 02-02-2014, 20:29   #2
MyTime

TFO sights. They have both fiber optics and tritium. At night they are bright and in the daylight they are incredibly bright. I have them on my G20 6 inch slide from LWD.

MyTime
MyTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 21:51   #3
WeeWilly

No doubt for me, Truglo TFO. I always get the Green/Yellow, no doubt where the important light is...

The rear lights are more yellow to the eye than the camera.

The 10 Ring

The only downside is a shortened sight radius due to the daytime tubes. They make up for a little of the long front with the rear coming all the way back.

The 10 Ring

Last edited by WeeWilly; 02-02-2014 at 21:52..
WeeWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 23:18   #4
MyTime

WeeWilly, how is the brightness of the yellow compared to the green? I have the green/green on mine, I like them a lot, but I've wondered about the sets with the different colors.

MyTime
Old 02-02-2014, 23:54   #5
WeeWilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTime View Post
WeeWilly, how is the brightness of the yellow compared to the green? I have the green/green on mine, I like them a lot, but I've wondered about the sets with the different colors.

MyTime
The yellow is substantially duller in low light. The first time I tried them and pulled them up in Low light I thought, crud, the yellows are dead. Then as I looked, I realized I couldn't miss the difference, the yellows are bright enough to pick up but the front sight becomes unmistakable. I was hooked. Anything that isn't a range toy has them.
WeeWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 00:05   #6
blastfact

If you can't hit a clay at 100 yards with stock OEM sites on a G20 with ammo of your choice. Shopping wont help. LOLOLOLOL

I almost bought new sites today online for my G20 and 31. Instead I bought mags.
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:43   #7
MyTime

Thanks WeeWilly.

MyTime
Old 02-03-2014, 06:44   #8
SDGlock23
Glockoholic

I went super cheap and just replaced the stock front sight with an Ameriglo green fiber rod. Granted they aren't night sights, but for outdoors the green fiber optic really shines even after sundown for a bit and it still gives a good, accurate sight picture. And if you attach a weapons light to the 20, it's bright enough that you can at least see your front sight pretty good.

Last edited by SDGlock23; 02-03-2014 at 06:45..
SDGlock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 15:03   #9
Arnold Kuhl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGlock23 View Post
I went super cheap and just replaced the stock front sight with an Ameriglo green fiber rod. Granted they aren't night sights, but for outdoors the green fiber optic really shines even after sundown for a bit and it still gives a good, accurate sight picture. And if you attach a weapons light to the 20, it's bright enough that you can at least see your front sight pretty good.
This makes a lot of sense. When was the last time I went target shooting in the dark? It must have been a long, long time ago, 'cause I can't remember it.

If I EVER bought new sights for any of my Glocks (or any pistols, period, for that matter), it would only be the front sight. The Ameriglo sounds like a good bet, but I probably won't even do that, unless my eyesight really deteriorates a lot in the next few years (65 now).

I'd rather get more mags, or reloading stuff, or better yet, save for another gun.

AK
Arnold Kuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 17:53   #10
cookand
War Eagle!!

Thanks for the replies.
Old 02-13-2014, 13:32   #11
mc1911

The Glock 20 dollar adjustible rear sight is handy. Not real fine adjustments but they are effective.
mc1911 is offline   Reply With Quote