GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-16-2004, 20:37   #121
mt_goodrich

I think Woof is deserving of a sticky of this post.

RIP kind sir!
Old 12-16-2004, 21:03   #122
45acp4me
Pissed puppet

My heart sank upon reading the news and I'll admit my eyes started to water. I always got a kick out of his posts, always funny and never mean spirited. A cornerstone of GT and a just a good guy.

Godspeed Woof, and my prayers to your family. ;1

Still in shock,
Glen

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
45acp4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 21:03   #123
Steve Koski
Got Insurance?

RIP Woof. We miss you!
Steve Koski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 21:24   #124
DesertEagle
CLM Number 57
OH HELL MY HEAD

Send a message via AIM to DesertEagle Send a message via Yahoo to DesertEagle
Woof, may he rest in peace. I didn't know him well, but what I knew of him always caused me to respect him and admire his character. I didn't know him well, but I know I will miss him.
Bladerunner: #1208 - Forty Club: #1208 - HiPo Club - Niner's: #1208 - Rimfire: #69
DesertEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 23:09   #125
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally posted by Sidearmor
If I remember correctly, the original "Woof" was Ed's dear doggie friend that passed away. His current companion and guide was Yabba Dabba Doo. If my memory is serving me correctly then, our dear Ed is indeed in heaven and reunited with his Woof.
The thought of Ed being reuinted with Woof is making me squall like a baby ;1 ;1 ;1 ;1

Prayers sent for Ed's loved ones, family, friends, and Yabba Dabba Do;w ;w

"Woof, Woof"
Old 12-16-2004, 23:31   #126
mpol777
Feral Member

Dang. Sad news indeed. Until next time Woof... ;c
Old 12-16-2004, 23:40   #127
sdakota
se駉r member

Woof will be greatly missed.
My prayers go out to his family and friends.
They should know that he was loved and respected by many of us here.

I don't know if I can express this properly, but I'll try:
I really liked the way Ed posted "as a dog", using the voice of Woof.
It occurred to me that many members of our species simply do not measure up to the noble canine.
It would be presumptuous of us to take on the persona of such an amiable, generous and loving creature.
From what I know of him, I think Ed did honor to those fine animals.

Rest In Peace, Woof.

Good boy.

;?
sdakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 23:50   #128
PatrolMom

Very sad day...I'm still sad. Woof was a real man. I'm so sad to hear of his passing. ;1 ;1 ;1 ;1

"The liberty we prize is not America's gift to the world, it is God's gift to humanity." GWB

"The 1st Amendment guarantees you a voice. It does not guarantee you an audience.

And lack of an audience is not an infringement on your voice....it's a judgment on it." Goalie

PatrolMom
PatrolMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 23:53   #129
Ender
ComfortablyNumb

you know, its unbelievable how many people WOOF had an impact on here. i am VERY sad to hear of his passing, and i only know him through GT. imagine the impact he had on people he knew!

i think WOOF would be happy to know if everybody here with a dog (or other animal) would give their pal an extra scratch or three in honor of his love for his pups.

"We'll meet again...don't know where, don't know when; but I know we'll meet again, some sunny day."
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 00:19   #130
Hauptmann6

Send a message via AIM to Hauptmann6 Send a message via MSN to Hauptmann6 Send a message via Yahoo to Hauptmann6
I am glad he came back for a while before he left. He was always good for bringing a smile with those goofy dog pics
Hauptmann6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 02:12   #131
Hines57
Simple Member

Woof
Hines57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 06:17   #132
Chopperdog

My condolences to the family. RIP Woof.;w ;w
HK USP 45CT
Walther P22
Chopperdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 08:41   #133
Eddie C.
CLM Number A
Administrator

Our wonderful friend Nestor from Poland asked that we rename the "Critter Corner" forum in honor of Ed and Woof. I thought that would be a great idea. We could name it "Woof's Playground" or "Woof and his Friends", something along those lines. I think I'll start a poll in GNG.
"Weapons are tools of power. In the hands of the state they can be the tools of decency or the tools of oppression, depending on the righteousness of that state. In the hands of criminals they are tools of evil. In the hands of free and decent citizens they are tools of liberty. An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
- Col. Jeff Cooper
Eddie C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 09:40   #134
MrsKitty

BigCinBigD sends his condlances to Woof's friends and family.

Quote:
I really enjoyed his posts and he was one of the few that never had a cross word for anyone.
--BigCinBigD
Old 12-17-2004, 10:25   #135
Patricia
CLM Number 180
Wild at heart

Excellent idea about the Critter Corner. I just renamed it - Woof Memorial Critter's Corner and changed the description to -
In memory of Woof, a GT member who loved animals and always had a kind word to share. A corner to discuss your pets. All animal questions and discussions are welcome.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:27   #136
AAshooter

Quote:
Excellent idea about the Critter Corner. I just renamed it - Woof Memorial Critter's Corner and changed the description to -
In memory of Woof, a GT member who loved animals and always had a kind word to share. A corner to discuss your pets. All animal questions and discussions are welcome.
Most Excellent!;D
Old 12-17-2004, 10:31   #137
Santa CruZin
RIP Mr. Mayor

Quote:

Thanks, Patricia! You rock.
Santa CruZin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 10:36   #138
Patricia
CLM Number 180
Wild at heart

A few years back, before his health problems, Ed was a moderator here in GnG with me. Being the perfect gentleman that he was, he would often email or call me if he saw something that, as he put it, "A lady like you shouldn't be reading".

Ed touched many lives here, mine included.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:43   #139
Liberty_MI
Was CWard

Send a message via AIM to Liberty_MI Send a message via Yahoo to Liberty_MI
Eulogy to "Man's Best Friend" The Dog

Gentlemen of the jury:

The best friend a man has in this world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name, may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most.

A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its clouds upon our heads. The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him and the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog.

Gentlemen of the jury, a man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side.

He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer. He will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune drives the master forth an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard against danger, to fight against his enemies, and when the last scene of all comes and death takes the master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even to death."

-----

Seeya woof, you can always trust a man who loves his dogs so much.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:22   #140
AAshooter

Quote:
A few years back, before his health problems, Ed was a moderator here in GnG with me. Being the perfect gentleman that he was, he would often email or call me if he saw something that, as he put it, "A lady like you shouldn't be reading".

Ed touched many lives here, mine included.
I didn't realize that. Thanks for sharing it. BTW, it might be nice to sticky the obit in Critter Corner.