Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:32   #1
NitLion

Your week in 357sig II -(April 15)

Well...been a week since the last thread so I thought I'd start another!
As related in another thread, I got two of my 357sig pistols out and exercised them a little. I put 100 rounds thru my S&W Sigma and 150 rounds thru my G31. Just nice to get out at all!! - Hope some of you had the chance.

I took the Sigma apart and gave it a good cleaning - wasn't really that dirty - but haven't gotten to the Glock yet. When you break down the Sigma, you realize it is soo much like the Glock - all except the trigger arrangement. I can see why Glock sued for patent infringement.

Inspired by Silversport and his new purchase, I finally sat down with my M&P compact (and some youtube videos) and removed the manual safety. It will now have the same Manual of Arms as my full size M&P. The safety also had a very weak detent and would easily be bumped on or off. I e-mailed S&W - trying now to get the frame plugs to cover up the small gaps where the safety levers came thru the frame.

One site I check occasionally for ammo is LAX ammo. I shot them off a quick e-mail asking if they have considered loading a 357sig round. Their reply was -- Near future our sister company will be loading it...It's a tricky caliber to load -- Not sure who their sister company is..hmmm?

Came up with a couple more leads for ammo to add to my list... money is a little tight though. This latest craziness must have convinced/inspired more people to get into the ammo manufacturing and sales business.

All in all, a pretty fun week for me.
TOP GUNS 357SIG Club #5
Pa. Glockers #65

Last edited by NitLion; 04-15-2014 at 06:54..
NitLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:17   #2
silversport

good to hear...always good to read about some of the lesser seen pistols...Sigma in 357 SIG...nice...I may get out after Easter to the range...I really want to shoot the M&P 357c...:D

Bill
silversport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:38   #3
.40glocker

Ordered some practice ammo from Georgia Arms at a good price. Going to try to sell my Glock 23 in order to raise funds for a Glock 33. Since it is starting to warm up I want a sub compact to carry. Hopefully I can get some range time in this weekend.
.40glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:04   #4
NitLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by .40glocker View Post
Ordered some practice ammo from Georgia Arms at a good price. Going to try to sell my Glock 23 in order to raise funds for a Glock 33. Since it is starting to warm up I want a sub compact to carry. Hopefully I can get some range time in this weekend.
Nice to know they have some in stock! Hope everyone finds time to get out and shoot. Here... we have to worry about weather still - it was 11 degrees with the wind chill this AM - WTH!
I have some Shootsteel steel coming. Planning on a little steel shooting celebration for my P229's 100th load!
TOP GUNS 357SIG Club #5
Pa. Glockers #65

Last edited by NitLion; 04-16-2014 at 12:11..
NitLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 16:53   #5
.40glocker

Just got my parts order in from rockyourglock.com. Ordered a .357 follower and converted one of my .40 cal 22 round magazines into a .357 22 round magazine. Good for fun at the range.
.40glocker is offline   Reply With Quote