GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-21-2004, 21:35   #21
DAG27

Last edited by DAG27; 05-15-2006 at 13:51..
DAG27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 22:38   #22
sdfhpson

I don't like the sound of the "click" when you pry on the plate... sounds like something breaking!
sdfhpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 06:44   #23
RandySmith

You are compressing the magazine spring when you press down on the insert with the armorer's tool. When the insert slips out from underneath the armorer's tool, the magazine spring's tension is released. The magazine spring uncompresses and strikes the underside of the floor plate. 'CLICK'

This is the technique for full capacity magazines. Any of the 10-rounders produced to meet the restrictions of the klinton gun ban are better handled in a slightly different way. Instead of pushing the tool straight down into the magazine, angle the tip towards the front of the magazine and insert. There is an additional 'shelf' on each side of the left and right insides of the magazine tube. These prevent the magazine insert from going straight down. It must angle downward in the front to be pushed into the tube.

Randy
RandySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 07:41   #24
canis latrans

can the 9 rounders be easily converted to 11 rounds mags (now that we're legal to have them)?
canis latrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 08:12   #25
DannyR

No!

The reason 9-round magazines are not 10-round magazines is that 9 is the physical limit. You have to add a "+" base to increase the capacity of 9-round magazines.
Bull Dawg #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 13:06   #26
canis latrans

appreciate the reply, DannyR.
canis latrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 14:04   #27
bocaj

SWEET the video helped like a champ.. I popped of the old bottom grip and stuck on the pearce grip etender for my Glock 27 and bam im in business

2. "Eat Better, Eat Less, Move Your Body" - Henry Rollins

3. Lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part.
bocaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 00:45   #28
AggieAK
AWW CRAP!!!

as a side note, i, being the ever-intelligent aggie that i am, was not pushing the post on the floorplate down enough... i figured if the post was clearing then it'll slide off... wrong. when i tried to compress the sides, it wouldn't budge, and i felt that i would need a tool (like channel locks) later i realized that i was forcing the sides into the floorplate that i was pushing down only a little, once i depressed it more, the thing slid right off. keep that in mind if you are having trouble, push that thing way down.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:31   #29
Glock27Fan
Go Mark Go!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Glock27Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Glock27Fan
Yeah, the video is great. When I bought the 27 a couple weeks ago, I got the grip extensions. Then I heard about the +1's and got those today. I had to have the gunshop put on the original ext's on, but the video really helped and it was very easy. BTW, I used the 3/32 punch on mine. Thanks!
Old 04-03-2005, 15:54   #30
TRIPLEthreat

I thought about getting that video too about the 27. I had a bear of a time getting the magazine apart when I put my Pearce extender grip on a few weeks ago. I was buying some ammo at a little mom and pop local gun shop here and I bought another extender from the guy and mentioned how difficult it was to put on. He said he could do it in about 20 seconds with just a punch. I'd like to see that!
Old 04-03-2005, 16:26   #31
DannyR

TripleThreat,

Scroll up to Randy's video and watch it. Actual removal time is about 3 seconds.
Bull Dawg #1

DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:45   #32
Glkster19

Quote:
Originally posted by RandySmith
Piece of cake...

Mag disassembly

Randy
Very useful video, thanks Randy. Bought the Pearce extenders a month ago and could not get the baseplates off. Watched the video and although it did take me a little longer than 3 seconds, I now have my extenders on.

One of those things I didn't want to ask cause many times on GT people get ridiculed for asking a question. Granted, it usually comes from the GNG forum. While this was my first visit to this forum, I may just have to hang out here a little more to learn other tidbits of info.

Thanks Randy and DannyR
Glkster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:06   #33
Custom Glock Racing

A couple more videos that show other methods.

http://www.custom-glock.com/magtech.html

- Because Stock is Slow

Custom Glock Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 22:13   #34
tone

Well...

It seems like the technique in the video is probably that easy with a larger frame Glock (because you have more to work with) I couldn't get this to work with a G27 (subcompact). I did however get the boiling water method to work & it worked very well. Just go slow when putting the floor plate or mag extension back on and the tab will go into the hole easily.
No damage or concern whatsoever! Thanks for the tip!
tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 13:19   #35
Jim 42

Fellas ,thanks for the videos nicley done!
Jim 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 02:32   #36
sdfhpson

Quote:
Originally posted by sdfhpson
I don't like the sound of the "click" when you pry on the plate... sounds like something breaking!
Ok... I've gotten over this!
sdfhpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 14:42   #37
TimWarner
Resident Goth

Send a message via AIM to TimWarner
The proper technique to remove the base plate on a Klinton mag is to place the magazine on a post 7 yards away, draw G19, shoot the magazine.

The base plate should come off then.
USPSA club MN07
TimWarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:41   #38
Glock-N-Fun

TW,

In a strange way your right,i personally fell the plastic mags were a mistake from the gitgo.If Gaston would have bit the bullet and made metal mags with a nicely manufactured metal mag lock/release,he wouldn't have had to modify his mags three times,and the mags would have lasted longer under heavy use and punisment.
Glock-N-Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 07:52   #39
springermania

Ok, my mags finally looked like they needed disassembly to clean them out. I took my armorer's tool and inserted it onto the button and while depressing it, the button slipped, looks like it's in the mag sideways or something. Anyways, all I can engage with the tool at this point is coils of the spring. I get the sinking feeling I screwed something up, as I can't get the thing apart now. Any suggestions?

Springer
springermania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 08:09   #40
RandySmith

Normal.

Now, use the end of the tool to pull the plate off (as demo'ed in the video). You are good to go.

edited to add:

Is it just offset so the button doesn't protrude through the hole in the floorplate or has the entire plate underneath the floorplate been pushed out of the way? In other words, can you see the spring coils through the hole?

Randy
GLOCK Firearms Instructor / G18 and Advanced Armorer

RandySmith is offline   Reply With Quote