Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-08-2004, 16:03   #41
WalterGA

Patricia: Thanks for EVERYTHING!
WalterGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 16:57   #42
KNOW 1

JUST CURIOUS...

Is this a US phenominon(how you spel?)? Can it be shown whether or not this occurs as frequently, or non-frequently in other countries? Do they reload as much? Do they use local factory ammunition? As far as the number of Glocks out there, wouldn't there be the same, about, or an equal amount of 1911's, though not all of the same manufacture? On the 1911 forum the list 13 1911 manufactures, and then have a "USGI" and "other 1911's" forums. Although I don't think it is such a problem, as much as it is exaggerated by those who do not favor Glock, I'm beggining to believe, "they do have a tendency". I've read enough posts by seemingly experienced Glock users, that are in between negative and positive, i.e. "I still use Glocks after mine Kb'd", or "I saw one Kb". This, however is not what is convincing me, it's the fact that the argument about Kb's is starting to sound like the, "1911's are 100% reliable out of the box", "just as reliable as Glock" and "it's the lower grade manufacturers that make them look bad" argument. Of course, who'd believe anything they read on the internet, anyway?

I've pile the logs, but, please, try to find it in your heart to forgive me.
KNOW 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 19:35   #43
DAG27

DAG27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 19:40   #44

Unless you have chillin's in the house, leave it loaded and in the holster. That's what I do. Off my hip, and onto the dresser, still in its holster.
Old 09-08-2004, 19:43   #45
Sgt_Steiner

I'm not worried about Glock KB's but if I was it would be with .40's and .357 not a .45 low pressure round.
Sgt_Steiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 19:46   #46
fabricator
Got Biodiesel?

Quote:
Originally posted by DAG27
If you shouldn't chamber the same round more than once into your glock, how do you carry it with one chambered. Im a new glock owner, I have the 27 and am a tad concerned about it KB'in on me based on a some things I have read, but am starting to feel at ease. My routine though consists of chambering a round for the day, then at night, unloading it, and starting over in the am. If I shouldn't be doing this, what do you folks do?
^8 Where the heck did you get that cockamamy idea? If you are worried about bullet setback just check the rd against a new one from the box.
fabricator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 19:50   #47
DAG27

Old 09-08-2004, 19:53   #48
Sgt_Steiner

Bullet setback is more of a problem with .357 than anything else.

Quote:
Originally posted by fabricator
^8 Where the heck did you get that cockamamy idea? If you are worried about bullet setback just check the rd against a new one from the box.
Sgt_Steiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:19   #49
Glock-N-Fun

To keep bullet setback in check,place a black ring around the bullet at the case mouth with a marker.
Glock-N-Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 19:25   #50
DAG27

Old 09-10-2004, 00:14   #51
ColoradoGlocker
Former Member

ColoradoGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 09:26   #52
Glock-N-Fun

CG,

Thank's,i keep forgetting that there are glockateers on this board that haven't been around firearms that long.
Glock-N-Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 19:43   #53
mballai

I believe the issue of Glock KBs that are not absolutely ammo related, are probably more how a gun handles high pressure. I gave up a much liked Glock 30 when the 45 KBs started surfacing. No I didn't believe it was going to KB, but guns don't always scale up the same: compare a .40 HP with the original in 9mm. I am not sure if they can beef up a polymer frame in the event you get some off spec ammo. My take is that Glocks are best in 9mm packages. If nothing else stay away from cheapo ammo.

"I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said." William F. Buckley Jr.
mballai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 22:17   #54
Ulysses

Any firearm can fail if it gets old, is misused, wears out, used out of design, or is loaded with dangerous ammunition.

Glocks require correct handling, and ammunition which complies with the specifications.

If you push them beyond their capabilities beyond the break point you get KBs....

Just use it correctly it will serve you well.

No reason to drink kool-aid and chant...
Ulysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 23:02   #55
philkryder

Send a message via AIM to philkryder
Quote:
Originally posted by Ulysses
Any firearm can fail if it gets old, is misused, wears out, used out of design, or is loaded with dangerous ammunition.

Glocks require correct handling, and ammunition which complies with the specifications.

If you push them beyond their capabilities beyond the break point you get KBs....

???
40 club #137
philkryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 06:54   #56
fabricator
Got Biodiesel?

Quote:

No reason to go all sheepleish either.
fabricator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 08:57   #57

Quote:
mmmmmm, kool-aid mmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aid ;f

Sugar free, of course ;b
Old 09-13-2004, 22:43   #58
Glock4Life

Well done post by WGA. I'm glad they finally stickied the KB issue. Being a graduate of both H.S. and college physics, I must concur with the original poster. Oh, and I'll take my Kool-Aid with a touch of Grey Goose please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 14:05   #59
petej88

Quote:
Originally posted by sjstill
mmmmmm, kool-aid mmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aidmmmmmm, kool-aid ;f

Sugar free, of course ;b
I cannot get this catchy tune out of my head, "kool-aidmmmmmmm".;c
Old 09-16-2004, 10:52   #60
BrokenArrow

Not bad!

Not as good as Dean's kB FAQ, but not bad.

Unsupported chambers may contribute to case failures, and case failures may contribute to kBs? Beats me. More support is better than less (until it interferes w reliability anyway) but enough is all anybody really needs. Glocks have enough for the FBI, DEA, Marshals, ISP, etc.

Good point though. Many of ruptured bbls I have seen (in Glocks, USPs, 1911s, Berettas...) did not rupture at the bottom position where the case had the least support. Many were on the sides or tops of the chamber... and lets not forget "38 Super Face" in 1911s was around long before kBs in Glocks, and 38 revolvers blew up plenty of cylinders too.

I _still_ think (but can't prove) the 40 cases were, and still are, failing more in all guns than the 9/45 ever did though. The 40 case may be closer to the edge where it gets interesting when you or the manufacturer mess up enough? AND the Glocks may be closer to the edge than some other designs too for a variety of reasons that are not "defects". So what? Live w it; plenty of good benefits that outweigh that risk (if any). ;b
BrokenArrow is offline   Reply With Quote