Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-27-2014, 23:13   #1
BayouDweller

Need my first holster

I have a g26 3rd generation and recently completed my conceal carry class. Now, I have to find a good, solid holster for it. I looked at Fobus, but a lot of the reviews says it's hard to draw the gun quickly. I want a good draw, but I don't want it to be so loose that it will just fall out if tilted wrong. What are y'alls recommendations?
BayouDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 01:34   #2
wingryder

Be prepared to have a drawer full of holsters. Of the CCW methods I've tried with my G26 and my body type (not fat but I have a gut), hybrid design seems to work the best for me. I have a whitehat basemax... a good gun belt is essential as well. IMO, the hybrid design distributes the gun weight better.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
wingryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 04:20   #3
Boot Stomper

I use a Bianchi Snaplok or Carrylok. This is an outside the waist band holster. Been Conceal Carrying (CC) a Glock 27 or Glock 22 for about 12 year. Also buy a good quality CC belt.

I am not a fan of plastic/carbon fiber holster unless they are made for police duty gear. I do not like Fobus, you get what you pay for.

If you want cheaper plastic holster that are okay in quality look at Blackhawk or Itac Holsters.

Here is the Itac Defence Holster:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/9-110120

If you want an In the Waist Band (IWB) holster you need someone else the chime in. I don't own one and do not plan on buying one, but a lot of folk on GT love them.

Last edited by Boot Stomper; 11-28-2014 at 04:27..
Boot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 13:58   #4
BayouDweller

Thanks for all of the feedback! I have some solid tips to go look closer at as I try to find one.
Old 11-28-2014, 16:05   #5
CC113

Like others stated, be prepared for a drawer full of holsters lol... You have to decide where you want to carry and then go from there. I can type for the next hour about all the variations of holsters, materials, where to carry, body type, clothes, etc.
A holster that's recommended may work for others and not you, where to carry may work for others, you'll have to decide by trial and error so to speak. To add to that, sometimes you want to carry in a belt (pancake) holster, many types out there, do you want it to ride high, the type of rake, etc. Sometimes you'll want or need to carry IWB or in an ankle holster.

And yes, I have a drawer full, sold many, gave many away and still buying... lol.

Last edited by CC113; 11-28-2014 at 16:06..
CC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:43   #6
cola490

My advice is to go to Google, enter what type of holster you want, OWB or IWB and sit back and read. Also when you go the range ask questions, there are so many options in holsters.
Enjoy the search.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:57   #7
BayouDweller

So I went with the White Hat line of holsters and am very satisfied with the fit and the draw from the holster. However, the belt I have is too small when I have the holster on me. Any particular recommendations for getting a conceal carry belt? Brands, how much bigger than usual should you buy, etc?