Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-30-2002, 17:12   #1261
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Damn, JG23! That is SOME KIND of hustle! The Dung Cru was so impressed, they actually lost count during the nightly embezzlement tally! We were ecstatic to find out that an ACTUAL 10-Ring Penthouse type was capable of this kind of resolute administrative action. We are so impressed, in fact, that we have taken the unprecedented action of DOUBLING your embezzlement rate, up to a .0006904% figure; hey, we REWARD QUALITY WORK! If you want to pick up some extra bucks moonlighting, keep our phone number handy. We would not, of course, expect you to demean your 10-Ring standing by accepting an actual PAYCHECK from the Dungeon; we would allow you to embezzle your remuneration by our being a little sloppy on security when posting OUR embezzlement from the beer concession take. Hey, the Dungeon Crew understands the usefulness of maintaining appearances!

Items we would ask you to consider:

- Changing the publication title from "Dung Cru" to "Dungeon Crew". The Dung Cru is the title of the FINANCIAL arm only; the Dungeon Crew is the proper name of the full Dungeon operation.

- Stay with the classic slate and shell for the Go set. These classic materials make a truly satisfying THUNK when played on the board; the jewels you suggest do not. The Dungeon Crew has established access to the finest Japanese sources for shell and slate, so we are in good financial shape for maintaining tradition.

- The Dungeon Classical, Cultural, and Historical Library is lacking for a very good reason: it doesn't matter! The PENTHOUSE library is world-class; we Dungeon types simply wander up to IT when we need to do research! Since 10-Ringers use its facilities so RARELY ... (Maybe a little vicious on the sarcasm, Rabbi, don't you think? ... Even if it IS true) ... we sort of think of it as OUR library. Plus, we care more about expanding the collection of Monet and Van Gogh originals in the Range Foyer; our own Dungeon library can wait.

- We thought you 10-Ringers LIKED primitive appearance of the sword-fighting arena. You know, sort of a Hobbit-like, Borg-like, back-to-primitive-manly-origins kind of shtick. If we DO have it wrong, get your thoughts to us after the next board meeting, and we'll do the upgrade ... (Rabbi, why use the plural "thoughts"? It's a 10-Ring Board meeting you are talking about!) ... Hell, let's be gracious for a change; we are hitting them for an extra six tenths of a percent embezzlement of the holiday revenues to finance the 2nd Anniversary bashes ... (Hmmmmm ... Good Point! ... Okay, the 10-Ring Board THOUGHTS on improving the sword-fighting arena!)
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 22:43   #1262
VN350X10

HARHUMPHHHH........

As a Barbaric member of this esteemed organization, I feel that Joey is going SOFT !
He is herby challenged to mano a mano combat in said arena, using quarterstaf, sabre, church-key, or other such weapon that he deems fit.
To consider the arena outdated is one thing, but to impinge on Mongo's garlic sauce is an outrage.
A statement of that nature would suggest that he in fact shoots a .357 snig !!!!

outraged,
uncle albert
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 00:12   #1263
joey'sGlock23
Ringwraith

Send a message via AIM to joey'sGlock23
sammi buby, I like your style, I WANTED the traditional clamshell and slate but did not have a good source for quality stuff. Plus I figured no one in the dungeon would appreciate the sounds of the peices played properly, I would have thought you'd use your finger and thumb to lay them down in this place., perhaps there IS some class here. Sorry for my not knowing the dung cru is finace only. Dungeon Crew view the tittle shall be, but I was late in finding this out and the entire first edition will have to be scrapped since it was all ready to go as the dung cru view. The proper changes will be made and it will be out as soon as possible.

Brief update, one of the chinese girls was carrying the asian flu, so I confined her to sick bay. 2 of the others were vietnamese, and one was actualy laosian. I will speak to my dealer about this.

Uncle, I considered the garlic sauce a matter of taste (hows that for a pun) I could have overlooked thetaking of it personaly but to suggest that I would soil my hands with a halfbreed bottlenecked 40s&w cuts deep. therefore I accept your challenge once the arena is complete. And the weapns shall be SCHWARTZ RINGS!!!!!!!!!! School of technique will be open, and the Kosher Kensei will be onhand to judge the winner, who must not only win but do it with style. Winner gets teh entire collection of DBZ dvds, loser gets the Pokemon collection, or we can wait till the wei qi set comes in and settle it over a game and hot choclate
6/13/02 7:02am-8/02/02 9:14am
12/15/02 7:24 pm-12/26/02 1:19 am
2/24/04 10:13am - 4/23/04 11:02 pm
Has the Monkey
5/10/05 9:34 am -
Had 1,000th post on 8:40 6-25-02 5:21pm , Achieved 2,000th 4-7-04 9:42am, nearly 2 years later
joey'sGlock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 13:54   #1264
VN350X10

Done.....name the time

u.a.
Old 01-02-2003, 22:38   #1265
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

JG23, VN350: You guys RULE! The ESPN-2 gang hanging around the Lagoon totally FREAKED when they saw your exchange! A competition coming from the Dungeon Arena is like their dream broadcast come to life! The same venue as their successful coverage of the Dungeon Insurrection, but with entirely new camera angles! They wrote an advance check ON THE SPOT that was so massive that we had to pause the embezzlement count for almost 7 minutes to recover our mental orientation!

They want to run it EARLY in the FEBRUARY sweeps, so even if you guys settle the disagreement, keep up the caveman PUBLIC image of a dispute! We will, of course, need an undercard for this broadcast event, so line up some talent for the preliminaries.

Last edited by samurairabbi; 01-02-2003 at 22:41..
Old 01-03-2003, 21:05   #1266
VN350X10

How about we get Mongo to challenge Julia Child, Jeff Smith, & that fat cajun guy to a cage match with cusinarts. Thusly we will involve another participant from JG23's home state. Think of the potential for regional draw!

u.a.
Old 01-05-2003, 18:20   #1267
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally posted by VN350X10
How about we get Mongo to challenge Julia Child, Jeff Smith, & that fat cajun guy to a cage match with cusinarts ...

u.a.
Hmmmmm ... This has possibilities; the cuisinart as a hand-to-hand combat implement is a new idea, and would therefore be attractive to the ESPN-2 programming bosses.

I suggest we do lose Julia Child, though. She is not really that attractive to the ESPN-2 Core Demographic Groups. The other people are okay. I suggest that, as a substitute for Julia, we enter one of the G29 clones, dressed in the same olive drab camos we saw a couple pages back. If anyone objects that her cover/conceal camo doctrine covers LITTLE and conceals EVEN LESS ... well ... a Joint Penthouse/Dungeon Adjudication Panel will rule his objections to be irrelevant to the general proceedings, and then take him out back and work him over until he sees the light of reason.
Old 01-06-2003, 17:14   #1268
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

;d

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"I'd wager G would waterboard a salmon."--tous

"...those without swords can still die upon them." --Eowyn
G33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 02:22   #1269
TKM
Lifetime Membership
Shiny Member

Sammy, tread lightly around the esteemed Ms. Childs.

She was OSS back in the day and has an above average knowledge of cutlery.

Finely diced bunny-bits anyone?

Also, she's bigger than you are. Neener-neener.
TKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 20:29   #1270
VN350X10

But Sammi,
Julia has the potential to draw from a demographic that we don't normally get to exploit, er...I mean expose ourselves to....(thisstillisn'tcomingoutright)

you know what I mean....

u.a.
Old 01-12-2003, 18:03   #1271
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Yo, G33! Permit me to take a break from the 8:40PM 2nd Anniversary 3-day orgiastic bombastic bachannal / blowout, and express my appreciation to you for your G29.jpg patriotic image which you posted before the party began.

When I look at the creative interplay of the red / white / blue chromatic emblem of the American identity, I cannot help but feel a SURGE in my patriotism, an INCREASE in my appreciation of the freedom we enjoy, an UPSURGE in my confidence in the future of this country, an ENHANCEMENT of my hopes for our future, an EXPANSION of my appreciation of the opportunity we have in this country, an EXTENSION of my capability to seek advancement of our noble cause, an ELEVATION in outlook to more boldly confront the pitfalls that may face us ... ... ...

(We wish to apologize for the Rabbi's lapse into incoherent doubletalk; it appears the 2nd Anniversary Blowout, coupled with his appreciation of G33's patriotic "posting", have together rendered him momentarily unable to rationally navigate a keyboard. We further assure the 10-Ring that the ESPN-2 Arena Contest negotiations will suffer no disruption whatsoever while Rabbi recovers from his ... "distraction".)

Last edited by samurairabbi; 01-12-2003 at 18:06..
Old 01-12-2003, 23:28   #1272
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

Sammi, you are welcome.
G29 wishes to note the hand signal is for "Victory!"

(For those who wondered: yes, on the cover of FHM magazine.)

"I'd wager G would waterboard a salmon."--tous

"...those without swords can still die upon them." --Eowyn

Last edited by G33; 01-13-2003 at 05:56..
G33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 23:15   #1273
arcane

Did we completely miss the 2 year anniversary? ;P
10Ring #711
1911 Forum #711
.40 Auto Club #711
Niner club #711
"Of every one-hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine are real fighters. We are lucky to have them, they make the battle. AH, BUT THE ONE! One of them is a WARRIOR and he will bring the others back." - Hericletus c. 500 B.C. ***** Be the ONE!
arcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 00:27   #1274
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally posted by arcane
Did we completely miss the 2 year anniversary?
Not exactly! The partying at the 2nd Anniversary Blowout was so intense that NOBODY, Penthouse OR Dungeon, was willing to sober up enough to migrate over to the keyboard for so mundane a task as posting the formal announcement of 2nd Anniversary of the 8:40PM thread. We all adhere to the immortal advice from "Bull Durham": Respect the streak!

Big developments are pending on the ESPN-2 Arena Contest; we will advise the Penthouse types when they have recovered enough to correctly identify which way is down.
Old 01-18-2003, 23:16   #1275
Q-Ball
Dismember

BZZZZZZZOOOOOORRRRRRRRCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHH
Augh, what happened? What day is it, THE 19TH OH S$&T I missed it!.
Great just great, thats what I get for fooling round with the Temporal Continium Distort-O-Matic on the day before the blowout! Looks like I missed the damn decimal point and 24.0 hours became 240. This is so unfair, Im goin to go drown my sorrows.
Q
10 Ring member #16

"Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

NRA-GOA
Q-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 14:04   #1276
.45Ranger
Saluting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to .45Ranger
Q-ball Allow me to ease your pain ( at least a little) and have the honor of helping set up your own personal ANNIVERSARY BLOWOUT. (Just in case you're having trouble reading between the lines, your drinks and dinner (plus any other amenities) are on me.) Just let me know what you want to do I'll do whatever it takes to make sure it goes smoothly. By the way Kosher Kyo-sa-nim I'm pretty sure I'll need help getting these things organized So I just wanted to put you and the awesome resourse(fullness) of the DG on standby. Just as a side note we need to make sure no penthouse members are sober enough to object......................( oh dammit I just realised what I said never freakin' mind!);Y
.45Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 21:27   #1277
Q-Ball
Dismember

.45 Ranger
Your offer is deeply touching and I am truly moved. However in my drunken dejected stupor I began browsing AR15.com and came across a post about 8 Happy Rules for living with your guns and your wife. This one guy posted about all his theoretical guns in his dads gun safe, which of course got me thinking about Schrodinger's Cat and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle (If your as bent as I am you will immediatly make the mental leap) and how quantum mechanics relates to how many guns I have! Essentially it occurs to me that whenever the door to my gunsafe is closed the contents of the safe are unobserved and hence in a state of probability flux, or uncertainty, I don't know how many guns I have or what kind they are. I know what was in there when I closed the door, but I cannot know what is in there now, and most importantly, neither does my wife! Also since closing the door of my gunsafe causes a state of uncertainty inside the confines of my gunsafe it also induces a state of uncertainty inside my wallet, since obviously the contents of my gunsafe and the contents of my wallet are causally (and inversely) related. Further cognition will lead you to the conclusion that $300 that I thought was in my wallet (all guns cost $300, you GOTTA read that thread, it's friggin gospel man) could easily be converted by all this quantum mechanical uncertainty to a new M4 Carbine in my gunsafe! You get it, I didn't buy it, it was Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle at work!!!!!!!!
Well needless to say, I was so excited by this ephipany that I immediatly got over my serious bout of depression at missing the 2 year blowout and had a few more brews to celebrate. Do you understand the significance of this discovery? DO YOU MAN???? Never again will you be honked at by an angry wife cause you picked up yet another gun. It wasn't your fault man, IT WAS SCIENCE!!!!! Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle at work in the real MACRO world Whoopeeee. Science ROX like Schrodinger's Cat in a BOX! I am going to have another beer, Somebody have Mongo fire up the kitchen, wake the lagoon girls, turn on the hot tubs, WE GONNA PARTY!!!!!

Whoooo HAWWWW
10 Ring member #16

"Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

NRA-GOA
Q-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 20:38   #1278
TXLEWIS

Like the theory. Close the safe door, hmmm.
Also like the all guns cost $300. Till the wife found the receipt. It was an AR10(t). Came in around $1750.00, before a $500 leupold.

Note to self, put the receipt in the safe too, not in desk in office at home.

TXLEWIS
TXLEWIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 05:05   #1279
Tazz10m
Mod Aerator

Quote:
Somebody have Mongo fire up the kitchen, wake the lagoon girls, turn on the hot tubs, WE GONNA PARTY!!!!!
Dude! Sometimes all ya got to do is turn around... Mongo, the Kitchen, the Girls, the Tubs, the Party... is ON!

;S ;+ ;Y ;* ;Y ;+ ;S

...been ON...

;*

...and ON...

;*

...and ON...

;*

...and ON...

;*

...OH!!!...

;*

Wui WHOOOOO!!!

Find out what all the fuzz is about... seriously... get AGrip!

Brooks W. Speier

Official AGripô Manufacturer Website

AGripô Installation Video

Never let anyone who is clueless about defense tell you what you can and can't do to protect yourself and others.

Μολὼν λαβέ!
Tazz10m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 22:15   #1280
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Well, Tazz ... so much for your "respectable married man pillar of the community" image!

.45Ranger, I will have all the support you may possibly need available for your Anniversary Blowout for Q-Ball. Hey, he is one of the stalwarts of the community we are ripping off for a fortune!

Which brings me to another point:

Q-Ball ... I don't quite know how to say this ... You WERE at the 2nd Anniversary Blowout! We have the Penthouse members' testimony AND the blackmail/publicity photos to prove it!

I guess one of two things must be happening:

1) You will use the Temporal Displacement Distort-o-matic in the future to go BACK to the PAST, thus establishing your documented presence at the Blowout, or

2) Your brain is so messed up that you simply do not remember what the hell you were doing!

If no. 2 is the reason, do not worry; we can alleviate your condition. The 10-Ring Resort Medical Center now has the proper setup to perform brain transplants. If you do in fact qualify for this procedure, the Dungeon Crew, as a token of our esteem for your distinguished contributions to the 8:40PM thread, will cover your deductable and co-payment.

Tags
moved to page, retardis revival