Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-26-2011, 19:12   #14476
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullman View Post
This is the 10 ring, where the men are men and the women are hot women that shoot sexy guns in bikinis.
Of course, the hot women of the 10-Ring are knowledgeable enough to remove the sexy gun from the bikini before shooting it.

Last edited by samurairabbi; 12-26-2011 at 19:13..
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 20:07   #14477
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Hot women with hot brass & bikinis, what's not to like!
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 20:13   #14478
VN350X10

I'll apply the burn ointment !
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 20:16   #14479
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VN350X10 View Post
I'll apply the burn ointment !
I believe in prevention. I will apply the SPF 3 lotion; its low value makes frequent reapplication necessary.
Old 12-26-2011, 20:18   #14480
VN350X10

but that only protects from the muzzle flash of a 9 or a 40 Rabbi !

none of the hot babes in the 10-Ring would shoot suck a kittykat caliber !
Old 12-26-2011, 20:57   #14481
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Kissin' Boo Boos to make'm all better! Me!
Old 12-26-2011, 23:27   #14482
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
Kissin' Boo Boos to make'm all better! Me!
Shadow, PLEASE! Such vulgar expressions are quite out of place in the 10-Ring forums! We strive to maintain at least SOME measure of decorum in our hi-jinks here in the Lagoon ... (Oh, Rabbi) ... What! ... (We think you may be reading Shadow's post without your usual high comprehension level. He said "Boo Boos", and NOT any of the possible similarly sounding vulgar expressions that might easily be confused for the childlike term for a minor injury.) ... Oh! ... You're right. ... Shadow, I apologize for my unseemly outburst. It may be that I sneaked into one too many Lagoon Holiday Blowouts. I will do better in the future.
Old 12-27-2011, 15:14   #14483
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Samurai Rabbi, I won't hold that aginst you, as I will be too busy holding them against me! ( ^ ) ( ^ )

Old 12-27-2011, 20:20   #14484
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

We had an interesting one here in Indy yesterday. A guy with an armed felony history tried to rob a Kroger store here in town. He stuck a "hard object" in the back of a worker and forced her to take him into the store office. The shift manager was in that office. The shift manager was packing. Several shots were heard by witnesses. At the end of the "exchange", the perp was on the ground with a head wound; nobody else was injured. The perp later died of his wound at the hospital. There is a lot of talk in the media about the manager's "violation of company policy on employee firearms on the premises".

If the Lagoon culinary operation needs a shift manager in its grocery store, let's keep HIM in mind.
Old 12-27-2011, 20:49   #14485
VN350X10

If H.R. is smart, they'll give him a Christmas bonus for keeping his fellow employees safe !

Is there any talk about "Lack of common sense in the Media" ?

final score:
Good Guys 1
Bad Guys 0

Sounds right to me.

uncle

Last edited by VN350X10; 12-27-2011 at 20:49.. Reason: spelin, agin
Old 12-27-2011, 22:26   #14486
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
If H.R. is smart, they'll give him a Christmas bonus for keeping his fellow employees safe !

Is there any talk about "Lack of common sense in the Media" ?

final score:
Good Guys 1
Bad Guys 0

Sounds right to me.

uncle
I like the scorecard, too. I'll bet the thugs will give that store a wide berth for the next few weeks.

The financial cards are, I think, stacked against the corporate types acting reasonably in this case. Corporate knows this:

If an employee is killed ON THE JOB by a non-employee, it becomes a Workers' Comp case; the worst that can happen to the company FINANCIALLY is an increase in its Workers' Comp rate. If an employee on the job kills a non-employee, it MAY end up as an expensive liability rap. This financial imbalance usually means a company will prefer to require its employees to be unarmed. Such is life when financial considerations rule.

Last edited by samurairabbi; 12-27-2011 at 22:27..
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 23:13   #14487
VN350X10

such is life only when liberal judges & bleeding hearts rule.
Hopefully in this case, the deceased's priors will "sway the jury" as it were.....

May common sense prevail !
Old 12-28-2011, 08:59   #14488
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
such is life only when liberal judges & bleeding hearts rule.
Hopefully in this case, the deceased's priors will "sway the jury" as it were.....

May common sense prevail !
The "morning line" here seems to indicate the manager will NOT be charged; the prosecutor's office is doing its due-diligence review of the case, but it sounds like it will be ruled justifiable.

The corporate action concerning the manager is the one up for grabs. It is easier for the corporation to invoke the ol' "employee firearms create too many complications" shtick in dealing with the situation. This is not fuzzy left-wing thinking, either; it is cheaper for them to deal with a possible employee death at the hands of a criminal than it is to fight a civil action by a non-employee injured by gunfire from an employee. The political Right is as capable of distorting doctrine as the political Left.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:34   #14489
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

While the case may not go to criminal court, it will probably end up in civil court. The lawer's are sure to push the perp's family for some of the pie & crust!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:57   #14490
VN350X10

What we really need in this country would be a FEDERAL law that states that a person, involved in a criminal activity, that is hurt or killed in the process of BREAKING THE LAW will have (including relatives or heirs) NO RECOURSE financially or otherwise against the person or other entity that may have inflicted the death/injury involved.
In other words, your fault, you suffer the consequenses !

Hell, maybe I should run for office using this as a platform. I know that I'd get the vote of honest citizens & crime victims.
And since convicted felons can't vote.....and anybody that raises an objection, I could claim that they were in FAVOR of crime/criminals...

I just might be on to something here !

time for more thought on this.....

uncle
Old 12-28-2011, 11:23   #14491
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

I can say I agree with that, and I'd vote for someone on the basis of that platform...However the bleeding heart liberals would turn the criminal into a saint and the person trying to defend themselves into the criminal!

Criminal acts should be just cause to forfeit their rights!~
Old 12-28-2011, 11:29   #14492
VN350X10

If I didn't know better, I'd say that was an...

"AMEN !"

Thanks !

uncle
Old 12-28-2011, 12:04   #14493
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
While the case may not go to criminal court, it will probably end up in civil court. The lawer's are sure to push the perp's family for some of the pie & crust!
This one won't make it to civil court. Based on initial witness statements about the number of shots fired, the perp was armed with a firearm; the "hard object" he stuck in the worker's back will probably turn out to be a handgun. Since the manager was acting in an employee capacity during the incident, even if he is later fired, the Kroger company would be a party to any lawsuit, and Kroger can afford a quality legal team.

The presence of a firearm in the perp's possession, and the depth of the Kroger financial resources for a defense, would make this one difficult pickings for even an aggressive legal attack.
Old 12-28-2011, 15:11   #14494
VN350X10

HMMMMM.......

Looks like we're back to the Christmas Bonus for the gentleman !

At the least, I'll bet that the employee that was forced into the office comes up with a nice plate of cookies.

uncle
Old 12-28-2011, 16:42   #14495
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Everyone involved has lawyered up. However, the manager's name has been mentioned in the morning paper; I imagine he will be unable to pay for a drink in any bar that an Indiana GT'er happens to occupy.

The Dungeon Admin types will assume the burden of keeping the 10-Ring faithful informed of any developments in this situation. In the meantime, we should return to our usual raucous inebriated debauched revelry down in the Lagoon; continuity is important in savoring life.
Old 12-28-2011, 19:43   #14496
VN350X10

well, we ARE fast approaching Amatuer Night, er, that is, New Year's Eve, so if nothing else, an inventory report from the Engineering group on current status of "N"Sweat Lager stock on hand should be forthcoming.
As we haven't heard any production figures lately, either we have too much on hand (NOT possible) or we are in a near disaster state of not enough (more likely).
Can the responsible (please forgive my obvious blunder with this group)party please report ?

uncle
Old 12-28-2011, 20:35   #14497
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Permit me to offer reassurance, Unkle. Three newly commissioned super tankers will not be hauling crude oil until AFTER new year's day.
Old 12-28-2011, 20:41   #14498
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Quote:
well, we ARE fast approaching Amatuer Night, er, that is, New Year's Eve, so if nothing else, an inventory report from the Engineering group on current status of "N"Sweat Lager stock on hand should be forthcoming.
As we haven't heard any production figures lately, either we have too much on hand (NOT possible) or we are in a near disaster state of not enough (more likely).
Can the responsible (please forgive my obvious blunder with this group)party please report ?

uncle
Uncle,

The, beeeelllllllllccccchhhhhhh, um intenvory of N Sweat seems to be... hiccup, a lil umm, hiccup, well uh, there is less than we thought.

Buuurrrwwwaaaaaaap. 'scuse me. There may have been someone sampling one or two, hiccup, from the harewouse.

Taterhead,
Penthouse Accounting Group
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 20:53   #14499
VN350X10

would STILL like to hear from head of engineering group....
but I did wonder at the expense of the necessary quantity of stainless steel sheet in a food-approved grade.
Old 12-28-2011, 21:17   #14500
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Understood, Unkle. Eng15etc will report the moment he gets back from his surreptitous Lagoon partying session ... Whoops! ... I mean, from his important logistics and production surveys.

Tags
moved to page, retardis revival