Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-10-2010, 21:26   #11301
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
MOVED to Page 453
"I was part of a 10-person team at the human genome project that weaponized diseases to fight weaponized diseases. Pathogenic microorganisms with pathogenic microorganisms. Fire with fire. Interdepartmental drinks were had, relationships made..."
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 21:32   #11302
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
"I still fondly remember my first Glock"
I still fondle my first Glock.

ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 22:31   #11303
VN350X10

I've recieved news from Mongo....he's got a 78 lb turkey for the Lagoon Thanksgiving Blowout.....I HOPE it's a turkey.....any reports of a missing Teryadactyal ?
Mongo ain't the greatest at specis identification ! Whatever it is, if Mongo has it, it AIN'T getting a pardon !
I'll get the grill ready.........this is bigger than the Weber can handle.

uncle
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 23:46   #11304
MinervaDoe

Remember, Mongo has a bad habit of starting to grill before the meat is thawed out. This usually results in what we loathingly refer to as the Baked Alaska effect; the outward appearance is quite Cajun-like, while the inside is still ready for a popsicle stick.
Encourage him to take the Tour De' Microwave before he scorches the outside of the bird to a cinder.
Oh, and yeah, as to the species identification, I understand that the closest Mongo ever got to a Wild Turkey, there was a shotglass involved. The word has it, this particular bird is actually a Turkey Vulture which Mongo snagged by covering himself with curdled milk and playing dead for a while. If this is true, I prefer mine WELL done.

If the bird does actually weigh in at 78 pounds, check the local police blotter to see if your closest ostrich farm has reported any disturbances. Your local armadillo willies may rent out a grill with adequate girth to handle it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 11-10-2010 at 23:48..
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 18:48   #11305
VN350X10

Was already checking on ostrich & Emu ranchers, couple more left to call within about 150 miles of here....
even worse, what if it's NOT an ostrich ?

uncle
Old 11-11-2010, 21:20   #11306
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VN350X10 View Post
even worse, what if it's NOT an ostrich ?

uncle
When Mongo brings home meat, it is always best to insist that it has some sort of supermarket label. He's big on fresh roadkill.
The 10 Ring

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 11-11-2010, 23:13   #11307
VN350X10

I really worry about the not-so-fresh roadkill myself.....
Old 11-12-2010, 00:24   #11308
MinervaDoe

Yeah, for Mongo, anything short of a road shingle is considered fresh. It's no big deal for him, since he has an old boiler for a stomach, but I've seen him lay waste to more than a few BBQs.

One of the "side effects" of having a time machine is that you can read about your exploits later (much later). I'd hate to tell you how many of the occurances listed on the following web page were directly the result of Mongo being somewhere he shouldn't have been.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unusual_deaths
Here are just a few of the food related incidents:
  • 1135: Henry I of England is said to have died of food poisoning after gorging on lampreys, a favourite meal
  • 1601: Tycho Brahe, Danish astronomer, according to legend, died of complications resulting from a strained bladder at a banquet. It would have been extremely bad etiquette to leave the table before the meal was finished, so he stayed until he became fatally ill. This version of events has since been brought into question as other causes of death (murder by Johannes Kepler, suicide, and mercury poisoning among others) have come to the fore.<SUP id=cite_ref-26 class=reference>[</SUP>
  • 1916: Grigori Rasputin, Russian mystic, was reportedly poisoned while dining with a political enemy, shot in the head, shot three more times, bludgeoned, and then thrown into a frozen river after being castrated. When his body washed ashore, an autopsy showed the cause of death to be hypothermia. However, there is now some doubt about the credibility of this account. Another account said that he was poisoned, shot, and stabbed, at which time he got up and ran off – and was later found to have drowned in a frozen river.<SUP id=cite_ref-45 class=reference>[46]</SUP>
  • 1920: Dan Andersson, a Swedish author, died of cyanide poisoning while staying at Hotel Hellman in Stockholm, because the hotel staff had failed to clear the room after using hydrogen cyanide against bedbugs.
  • 1923: George Herbert, 5th Earl of Carnarvon, became the first to die from the alleged King Tut's Curse after a mosquito bite on his face, which he cut while shaving, became seriously infected with erysipelas, leading to blood poisoning and eventually pneumon
  • 1975: Bandō Mitsugorō VIII, a Japanese kabuki actor, died of severe poisoning when he ate four fugu livers (also known as pufferfish). The liver is considered one of the most poisonous parts of the fish, but Mitsugorō claimed to be immune to the poison. The fugu chef felt he could not refuse Mitsugorō and lost his license as a result.<SUP id=cite_ref-93 class=reference>[</SUP>
and in a brief career as a sound engineer, Mongo was involved in this one (apparently modifying an amplifier so it could be turned up to 11):
  • 1976: Keith Relf, former singer for British rhythm and blues band The Yardbirds, died while practicing his electric guitar. He was electrocuted because the amplifier was not properly grounded.<SUP id=cite_ref-94 class=reference></SUP>

Old 11-12-2010, 18:01   #11309
VN350X10

I have it on good authority that Mongo really IS immune to fugu.....and relishes the ovaries (THE most toxic organ), throwing back male fugu while fishing !
I make it a habit to find ANY excuse to avoid sushi at Mongo's place.....

uncle albert
Old 11-12-2010, 18:10   #11310
MinervaDoe

and yet, that sounds like a great name for a Sushi place.
Mongo's Sushi
We could open them up next to all the Bubba Gumps.
Our catch phrase could be, "Try our Happy Hour Road Kill Special".

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 11-12-2010 at 18:11..
Old 11-12-2010, 19:10   #11311
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

I make it a point to avoid sushi PERIOD. If I am going to pay someone for some food, I am going to pay them to COOK it.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 19:24   #11312
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

We need choices.

Food: Alive or not?

Drink: On fire or not?
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 20:28   #11313
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
We need choices.

Food: Alive or not?

Drink: On fire or not?
Good point.
In Mongo's case it's: "Meat: Un-refrigerated for two weeks or not"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullman View Post
I make it a point to avoid sushi PERIOD. If I am going to pay someone for some food, I am going to pay them to COOK it.
I used to eat all the raw sushi stuff until my wife took a class in parasitology and started showing me pictures of worm ridden intestines and telling me stuff like, "You can get this from raw Yellow Fin Tuna."

Yeah, it all gets trotted over the grill now.

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 11-12-2010 at 20:30..
Old 11-12-2010, 22:37   #11314
VN350X10

this is sounding more & more like a stunt to raise the kickback,....er...that is, the rebate, yeah, that's it, the rebate percentige. And if we can keep the Penthouse types away from it, even better. Great idea, let's tell them that it requires actual, physical labor ! They won't even look at it !
Old 11-12-2010, 23:00   #11315
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VN350X10 View Post
... if we can keep the Penthouse types away from it, even better. Great idea, let's tell them that it requires actual, physical labor ! They won't even look at it !
Another possibility ... Tell them it requires periodic periods of sobriety! That should remove ALL their interest!
Old 11-13-2010, 10:58   #11316
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
Another possibility ... Tell them it requires periodic periods of sobriety! That should remove ALL their interest!
I hear that can lead to a hangover (although, I've never personally tried it myself).

Old 11-13-2010, 15:03   #11317
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Had my hands full for last couple of days...road kill deer(family memeber hit in the fog), skin't, cleaned & processed into roast and backstrap steaks, de boned and ground and seasoned to perfection for some great fresh sausage and some in casings to smoke.

Yummy Yummy! Aeeeeeeeeeeeee!
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 17:51   #11318
MinervaDoe

BBQ at Shadow's place.

Old 11-13-2010, 19:05   #11319
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

I'm there....
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 20:41   #11320
MinervaDoe

You're at Shadow's place?

Tags
moved to page, retardis revival