Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-15-2010, 19:27   #11221
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
I already worked that shtick, Unkle. Bought a G21 upper half on Gunbroker some time back. The Chamber Crew was particularly impressed by that one, but they are really picky about a client ... whoops! ... a VICTIM trying the same gimmick again.
bet that thing had shoulders like a zoot suit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 21:04   #11222
VN350X10

MD, don't fret about using real 10MM loads in the G29.
My current "carry" ammo for the store is a 155 gr Rem JHPT moving out at about 1380+/- they make a pf of about 214 USPSA, shoot like absolute pusycatz ! about 100 of them on a "warm up day" in a useful 2" at about 35-40 ft. (distance from counter to door of shop!)
A 29 LIKES hot ammo, mine is great with the old 200 gr Norma (almost out, only 2-3 boxes left)
Remember, 10.0 gr BlueDot under anything, 200 gr or less, perfect "10" load !

uncle albert

and a higher up is in order, perhaps Zach Murphy might have some input.....
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 21:23   #11223
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VN350X10 View Post
and a higher up is in order, perhaps Zach Murphy might have some input.....
You can always ask him.
http://www.chronosscifi.com/DossierMain.html

If I'm not mistaken, Michael Garcia's target was made with a Glock 20.

Quote:
Remember, 10.0 gr BlueDot under anything, 200 gr or less, perfect "10" load !
Yeah, when I look through my reloading manuals, no problem getting 155 grain 10mm bullets going over 1350 fps with blue dot. I even found a 155 grain HS-6 load which goes 1350 fps. Just looking at some tables in a Hornady Handbook and a 10mm, 155 grain round going 1350 fps makes 627 ft. lbs of energy. That's my definition of a hay maker and it's nearly double the energy of a .45 ACP

Quote:
My current "carry" ammo for the store is a 155 gr Rem JHPT moving out at about 1380+/- they make a pf of about 214 USPSA, shoot like absolute pusycatz ! .
That's what I'm hoping for; just like a big zippy giant 9mm round. I find my G20 kicks less than my G21 with equivalent weight bullets (even though the 10mm rounds are going 100-150 fps faster).

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 10-15-2010 at 21:48..
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:54   #11224
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

I would have to agree with uncle albert on this one, The Glock 29 will handle the hot stuff just fine...I use the Wolff non-captured guide rod & the 21# recoil springs in my carry piece! This will be stoked with the Hornady 200 XTP, 10.5 grains Blue Dot, Remington Cases, CCI 300 primer with it seated to 1.260". While this runs 1175-1200 fps from my S&W1006 it is only 1140 fps from thw 3.78" Glock factory barrel.

What is not to like about that!
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:42   #11225
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
I would have to agree with uncle albert on this one, The Glock 29 will handle the hot stuff just fine...I use the Wolff non-captured guide rod & the 21# recoil springs in my carry piece!
I believe that spring is stiffer than stock. Correct?
How does this function with the slower ammunition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
This will be stoked with the Hornady 200 XTP, 10.5 grains Blue Dot, Remington Cases, CCI 300 primer with it seated to 1.260". While this runs 1175-1200 fps from my S&W1006 it is only 1140 fps from thw 3.78" Glock factory barrel.

What is not to like about that!
The loss of 60 fps seems a worthwhile tradeoff if it means that you are more likely to carry. I'll bet you couldn't tell the difference between the two in a gelatin or phonebook test.

Old 10-16-2010, 13:23   #11226
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Minervadoe, yes the Wolff recoil is a two piece non captured dual spring system, it is avalible in several spring weights from 16 lb out to 23 lb.

I did some loads with Power Pistol & the 200XTP's that made 1160 fps from this short barrel G-29...

The 21 lb spring works even with light loaded 40S&W target stuff just fine and the Storm Lake 40S&W conversion barrel.

I don't know about gelatin or phone books...gallon jugs of water don't show any differences to be concerened with.

It is disheartning to see this cartridge not loaded to it's potential in most of the commercial markets. But then looking at some commercial 357 Magnums 158 grain bullets which I ran over my chrony showed they only made 1095 fps from a 6" Colt Python. The buying public really doesn't have a clue unless they get it tested or believe the market hype to be fact.
Old 10-16-2010, 17:05   #11227
MinervaDoe

Sometimes, the commercial ammunition manufacturers play it safe and load stuff way down, lest someone put their ammo in some weak old pistol.

Ironically, you have manufacturers like double tap who are on the extreme other end of the scale.

Old 10-16-2010, 20:50   #11228
VN350X10

Shadow, watch the Remmie cases.....might be better off w/Starline or Win.
I prefer the Starline for hot stuff. The only case failure I've had on firing was a plated Rem, on first firing ! The rest of that batch got shot in my Buckeye S.A.

uncle
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 22:06   #11229
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Uncle I'll keep that in mind, the newer case "nickel plated" just don't hold up like the older ones. Thinner plating.

The funny thing is I am loading cases which have been all been fired, some more than once. I inspect each very carefully at each stage of the handloading process.

Starline is great brass, as I have some of it also.
Old 10-17-2010, 18:50   #11230
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Weird.

Stopped by this forum again. It has been a while, having been out of the country on business for a bit. When I did not find the usual lively discussion about libations, dungeons, or time travel, I had to look twice to verify that I was actually on the 8:40 PM thread. I'm not used to seeing actual 10mm work happening here.

FWIW +1 on Starline brass. It is all I buy these days.

Carry on.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 19:04   #11231
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
Weird.

Stopped by this forum again. It has been a while, having been out of the country on business for a bit. When I did not find the usual lively discussion about libations, dungeons, or time travel, I had to look twice to verify that I was actually on the 8:40 PM thread. I'm not used to seeing actual 10mm work happening here.
You happened to catch the 8:40PM thread in unusual circumstances. We are ramping up on preparations for the approaching 10th anniversary blowouts within the 10-Ring resort facility. The drunken Penthouse types (pardon my redundancy) have reduced their inebriation (admittedly, to a minor extent) to assist in logistic preparations for this important event. The Dungeon types have, at times, reduced their embezzlement (again, admittedly to a minor extent) to open up administrative time slots for planning which would otherwise be taken up by too extensive counting sessions. The big one-zero is worthy of such effort.
Old 10-17-2010, 19:18   #11232
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
You happened to catch the 8:40PM thread in unusual circumstances. We are ramping up on preparations for the approaching 10th anniversary blowouts within the 10-Ring resort facility. The drunken Penthouse types (pardon my redundancy) have reduced their inebriation (admittedly, to a minor extent) to assist in logistic preparations for this important event. The Dungeon types have, at times, reduced their embezzlement (again, admittedly to a minor extent) to open up administrative time slots for planning which would otherwise be taken up by too extensive counting sessions. The big one-zero is worthy of such effort.
I am humbled by the foresight, dedication, sacrifice, and (dare I say) work ethic.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 19:35   #11233
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
I am humbled by the foresight, dedication, sacrifice, and (dare I say) work ethic.
You created a stroke of luck for yourself. We were going to make you buy the next round at the Lagoon Bar as penance for your lack of perception. But after your statement of contrition and respect, we figured we'd let you off the hook.
Old 10-17-2010, 19:41   #11234
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

I second that motion! Pass him an N-Sweat Lager...
Old 10-17-2010, 19:50   #11235
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

It's been ten years (I wasn't around at the beginning)

Man I am old

How DUI enforcement should really work.

Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 20:57   #11236
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

My how time flies when we're gettin' old!

Heck pass me an N-Sweat Lager...
Old 10-20-2010, 14:14   #11237
MinervaDoe

Quote:
October 20 is the 293rd day of the year (294th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 72 days remaining until the end of the year.
1781 Patent of Toleration, providing limited freedom of worship, is approved in Habsburg Monarchy.
1803 The United States Senate ratifies the Louisiana Purchase.
1818 The Convention of 1818 signed between the United States and the United Kingdom which, among other things, settled the Canada United States border on the 49th parallel for most of its length.
1827 Battle of Navarino a combined Turkish and Egyptian armada is defeated by British, French, and Russian naval force in the port of Navarino in Pylos, Greece.
1910 The hull of the RMS Olympic, sister-ship to the ill-fated RMS Titanic, is launched from the Harland and Wolff shipyard in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
1944 The Soviet Army and Yugoslav Partisans liberate Belgrade, the capital of Yugoslavia
1944 General Douglas MacArthur fulfills his promise to return to the Philippines when he commands an Allied assault on the islands, reclaiming them from the Japanese during the Second World War.
1947 The House Un-American Activities Committee begins its investigation into Communist infiltration of Hollywood, resulting in a blacklist that prevents some from working in the industry for years.
1967 A purported bigfoot is filmed by Patterson and Gimlin.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:48   #11238
Tvov

You know what I just realized about this thread? The title -- "08:40PM". That doesn't really make sense.... it is either 08:40AM, or 8:40PM -- or more properly in military terms, 20:40.

My conspiracy hat just tingled....
Tvov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 14:32   #11239
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvov View Post
Mine is made of aluminum foil. How about you?

http://www.ehow.com/how_2049858_make-tinfoil-hat.html

Old 10-21-2010, 17:06   #11240
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvov View Post
You know what I just realized about this thread? The title -- "08:40PM". That doesn't really make sense.... it is either 08:40AM, or 8:40PM -- or more properly in military terms, 20:40.

I think the ground wire on your conspiracy hat may need checking; of course, you should enjoy the tingle ... while it lasts.

The thread is 8:40PM for a compelling reason. 8:40PM has nice associations for the 10-Ringers, for it hints at the leading time edge of the evening's partying and associated debauchery. 8:40AM is more commonly associated with recovery from hangovers from the previous night's partying. Such minor details are meaningful in the 10MM outlook on life.

Tags
moved to page, retardis revival