Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:43   #10401
MinervaDoe

I love take out orders.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 18:17   #10402
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

I have a bank robbery arrest that nearly tops that. Mine was drunk, used a kitchen knife and debated with the clerk the merits of robbery or not for about 10 minutes while the constabulary (me and the Captain) were called. After receiving his loot, he counted it on the sidewalk in front of the bank ensuring our prompt arrival and then got on his bicycle to make good his get away.

Sounds better if you tell people that you put the bag on a bank robber.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 23:39   #10403
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Who got credit for the arrest? You, or the Captain?
Old 03-27-2010, 03:51   #10404
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Me, but the Captain got his picture in the paper, I didn't.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:35   #10405
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Has anyone else seen that last week's police dashboard-cam video of that large dog ripping the front bumper skin off another police car? While it is, of course, proper for me to express shock at this wanton destruction of government property, I must confess that there IS an extraordinarily large yuck-it-up-fuzzball quality to this bit of canine insurrection.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:43   #10406
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

All I can say is I am glad it wasn't my car, I have enough going on right now I don't need to try and explain that one to the boss.

Old 04-01-2010, 16:22   #10407
MinervaDoe

There's a dog (or a gang of dogs) who disrepect the tires of my car regularly. ...

Old 04-02-2010, 12:12   #10408
MinervaDoe

Dog that attacked police car must attend classes

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) — A pit bull mix in Tennessee has been sentenced to obedience training after his dogged attack on a local police car.
Winston didn't bite anybody, but he mauled a Chattanooga police car. The persistent pooch managed to tear off a section of the front bumper and damage the tires.
The Chattanooga Times Free Press reports that a judge ruled that Winston had been a very bad dog. He was sentenced to obedience and canine good citizen classes, and he'll have to wear a tag that says he is "potentially dangerous."
Charges against his owner will be dismissed if the classes are completed successfully.
Owner Nancy Emerling said Winston got out of a fenced-in area at a welding shop March 14

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat...ntent=My+Yahoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe
Doggy anger management classes.

How P.C.

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 04-02-2010 at 12:16..
Old 04-03-2010, 01:35   #10409
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
[B]
Owner Nancy Emerling said Winston got out of a fenced-in area at a welding shop March 14
The Dungeon Semantics Evaluation Team is celebrating! We now have available a fresh new subject to supplant the overworked "10mm vs. bear" topic usually seen on Glocktalk.

The new topic: "10mm vs. junkyard dog"!

Let the discussion commence!
Old 04-03-2010, 02:10   #10410
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

I for one don't see that there is much to discuss. First we take the line from the song "Bad Bad Leroy Brown" where it says that Mr. Brown is meaner than a junkyard dog. The song also references that said Mr. Brown carries a .32 gun in his pocket for fun. If all you have to do to be meaner than a junkyard dog is carry a .32, most of the 10 ringers must be mean enough to scare the devil himself back to hell.

That's what I am thinkin anyway.

Last edited by Bullman; 04-03-2010 at 02:12.. Reason: Because I am just plain mean
Old 04-03-2010, 02:52   #10411
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Permit me the temerity to offer a tactical observation. Bad Bad Leroy Brown was operating ALONE when he was turned into a jigsaw puzzle with a couple o' pieces gone. Junkyard dogs operate in packs. How much difference might this make in the 10mm effectiveness during such a confrontation?
Old 04-03-2010, 04:18   #10412
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Well, certainly had the ubiquitous Mr. Brown packed a 10mm he would not have ended up like said jigsaw puzzle. He most likely would have needed a good holster because such a worthy gun really does not fit in ones pocket. A 10mm is certainly more fun than a .32, at least I think so.

When it gets right down to it I think Mr. Croce was wrong in his opinion that Mr. Brown was as mean as a junkyard dog, I just don't see it. He most certainly would have re-thought his choice in sidearms had he been. Likewise, what does that say about the inhabitants of the 10ring facility? Are we all that mean? If so, why is this such a happy place? Does being that mean make one ultimately a nicer person? ahhhh, the duality of it all. I need a drink.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:20   #10413
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Furthermore, if a junkyard dog is only mean enough to carry a .32, then a junkyard dog really doesn't stand a rats chance in the world, because there are certainly meaner creatures about.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:40   #10414
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullman View Post
Well, certainly had the ubiquitous Mr. Brown packed a 10mm he would not have ended up like said jigsaw puzzle.
The Dungeon Historical Research Division chimes in to point out that Mr. Brown was at a significant disadvantage in possibly packing a 10mm for his personal protection: the 10mm did not exist at the time of his unfortunate rearrangement.

Hope we're not guilty of nit-picking.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:52   #10415
MinervaDoe

Perhaps we can examine this more scientifically. The 10 Ring

Old 04-03-2010, 10:26   #10416
MedicOni

Anyoen seen any full size EAA Witness 10mm mags for sale? CDNN used to have them but I can't find them on any website in stock right now.

NR-P, NM EMT-P, TX, EMT-P, FP-C
MedicOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 14:02   #10417
MinervaDoe

No, but the Men's Warehouse has some nice sportscoats on sale.

Old 04-03-2010, 15:12   #10418
Taterhead
Counting Beans

That reminds me that I need to get the trouser store for some new pants. I managed to do the "IDPA crotch split" at last week's match. The split was of the full-frontal variety. One should not try to stuff five G20 mags in one's front pocket (long story as to why) and then crouch behind cover.

Glad I had some thermals on underneath cause the bits and pieces would have been a bit breezy.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 15:46   #10419
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Good deals around on used Toyotas, too.
Old 04-03-2010, 16:21   #10420
MinervaDoe

• Nothing like blowing the crotch out of your pants out in public to up your social standing.
  • The pricing on F-150's seems like it must be very close to cost these days.
  • I hear that modern hollowpoints are vastly improved.
  • We got Meg and Bob the Corelle dish set from their bridal registry.
  • Time for my afternoon constitutional.

Tags
moved to page, retardis revival