Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:51   #10281
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

Princess Bride movie.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"I'd wager G would waterboard a salmon."--tous

"...those without swords can still die upon them." --Eowyn
G33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 15:39   #10282
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by G33 View Post
Princess Bride movie.
A measure of class is always useful to the raucous inebriated revelry shtick.
Old 01-24-2010, 22:49   #10283
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

MODERATELY SIGNIFICANT 10-RING FACILITY ADMINISTRATIVE ANNOUNCEMENT

My hometown team is going to the Stupor Bawl. It is possible that over the next two weeks, my admin efforts may fall somewhat short of the sterling level that the 10-Ring rabble (pardon my redundancy) has come to legitimately expect from me in my capacity as Dungeon Admin Grand Poo-bah; such may be the effect of my participation in celebratory parties which, while not up to exalted 10-Ring standards, nevertheless have a hold on my attention.

Be assured that all logistics and admin remain in worthy (and undistracted) hands. As compensation for any possible effect of my distraction, the Dungeon embezzlement rate will be lowered to 38.68% until the distracting festivities are concluded. We thank you for your understanding in this period.
Old 01-24-2010, 23:58   #10284
VN350X10

Rabbi I still need to get to Indy to pay off MY lost wager(to you) on the Stupor Brawl between your team & Da Bears !
I have not forgotten !
honorably yours,
uncle
(in this years case, I'm rooting for Rabbi's team)
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:37   #10285
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VN350X10 View Post
Rabbi I still need to get to Indy to pay off MY lost wager(to you) on the Stupor Brawl between your team & Da Bears !
I have not forgotten !
honorably yours,
uncle
(in this years case, I'm rooting for Rabbi's team)
Unkle, it appears we are in that rarest of circumstances in which you have the advantage of me! What was the wager you mention? I am too distracted to dig back three years in the 8:40PM thread to discover it myself, so I will depend on your memory. If it was something on a par with the usual mayors/governors joke bet, then after we chuckle about it we can write it off like a defaulted Drexel-Burnam junk bond.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:46   #10286
VN350X10

NEGATIVE !!!!

A pizza/beer bet can NEVER be written off between friends !
It is the ULTIMATE reason to PARTY !!

GO COLTS !!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:51   #10287
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

I was involved in a high level automobile switch out ring and was unable to catch the end of the other game, who is playing the colts?

How DUI enforcement should really work.

Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:46   #10288
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullman View Post
I was involved in a high level automobile switch out ring and was unable to catch the end of the other game, who is playing the colts?
The Saints pulled it out with a field goal on the first possession in overtime. Brett Favre will have to try again next year.

Your auto switch out ring sounds intriguing. It might be of interest to the Dungeon Financial types as as investment vehicle.
Old 01-25-2010, 17:35   #10289
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Well, it certainly is an investment, as the cars are used to make money. and lots of it.

Old 01-30-2010, 13:24   #10290
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Listen up, you 10-Ring miscreants! (pardon my redundancy) I am about to commit a piece of heresy so profound that it will, no doubt, earn me a permanently assigned spot in the Chamber facility! Get a good grip on your beers.

I have discovered a use for the old slow 45acp cartridge that the mighty 10mm cannot fulfill!

At times, the burden of admin work supporting the 10-Ring facility threatens to intrude on my range time; such is the price of my position as senior LSMPS(BBB)DP. But I have made a startling discovery that ameliorates this problem condition. If I grab some 45acp ammo, then at the range I can accomplish significant admin work while waiting for my fired rounds to reach the target! Such multi-tasking would clearly be impossible when shooting the potent 10mm cartridge.

Hope my heresy does not severely traumatize the 10-Ring faithful.
Old 01-30-2010, 15:11   #10291
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Brilliant! Admin work is clearly a productive means by which to, ahem, kill some time.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 23:20   #10292
VN350X10

If you were to use .45 ammo supplied by one of the members of my USPSA club, you would need the services of TARDIS to compare to the amount of SLOW generated by the ctg.
Time warp would take on a whole new meaning !

As it is in normal mode, an EXCELLENT usage Rabbi....just don't let the "N"Sweat Lager get warm whilst waiting for impact on target !

uncle
Old 01-31-2010, 00:14   #10293
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
If you were to use .45 ammo supplied by one of the members of my USPSA club, you would need the services of TARDIS to compare to the amount of SLOW generated by the ctg.
Time warp would take on a whole new meaning !
Ahh yes! The wonders of light competition ammo. I have seen rounds loaded so slow the bullets could execute a missed-approach go-around if the shooter decided in mid-flight that the shot was not up to his expectations!
Old 01-31-2010, 14:50   #10294
VN350X10

Well, we HAVE seen Jerry run downrange & tap a bullet in the propper direction to make an "A" zone hit......and he's old & don't run too fast.
I question him on his loading.....is it 5 grains of powder or 5 GRANULES ?

uncle albert
Old 01-31-2010, 15:12   #10295
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
Ahh yes! The wonders of light competition ammo. I have seen rounds loaded so slow the bullets could execute a missed-approach go-around if the shooter decided in mid-flight that the shot was not up to his expectations!
Funny right there!

"I'd wager G would waterboard a salmon."--tous

"...those without swords can still die upon them." --Eowyn
G33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 22:30   #10296
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Well, we HAVE seen Jerry run downrange & tap a bullet in the propper direction to make an "A" zone hit......and he's old & don't run too fast.
I question him on his loading.....is it 5 grains of powder or 5 GRANULES ?

uncle albert
I suggest you do a closer examination of his hand-loads. They may be five MOLECULE loads!

Your account of Jerry following his bullet downrange may have kicked off a useful train of thought in the Dungeon Marketing Operation. How about this: Handload CURLING! We recruit some of the shapely Canadian foxes we have observed on USN broadcasts of north-of-the-border Womens' Curling; could be a major 2nd-level draw in the 10-Ring marketing scheme of things.

Last edited by samurairabbi; 01-31-2010 at 22:48.. Reason: Myopic attempt by the Dungeon Linguistics Unit to run the universe.
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:11   #10297
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

IMPORTANT 10-RING FACILITY PUBLICITY ANNOUNCEMENT

We are honored to announce a special guest at the 10-Ring Stupor Bawl party: the legendary Black Beast of Aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh! This represents a considerable coup for the 10-Ring, as BBOA is quite selective in the special events in which he chooses to participate. We believe he is intrigued by the powerful 10mm caliber; it may be useful to him on the occasions when the little white rabbit is otherwise committed.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:46   #10298
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

that's just as well, that rabbit's dynamite. plus last time he ate all the cheese dip.

Old 02-04-2010, 13:06   #10299
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullman View Post
that's just as well, that rabbit's dynamite. plus last time he ate all the cheese dip.
True ... but continually restocking cheese dip is preferable to listening to all the hype about Dwight Freeney's ankle!
Old 02-04-2010, 13:56   #10300
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Point taken, maybe we should just send Dwight a candygram, as a token of our good will and best wishes, that sorta thing.

Tags
moved to page, retardis revival