Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-06-2009, 17:38   #10001
VN350X10

Yes, I AM celebrating.....
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 17:39   #10002
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

"I was part of a 10-person team at the human genome project that weaponized diseases to fight weaponized diseases. Pathogenic microorganisms with pathogenic microorganisms. Fire with fire. Interdepartmental drinks were had, relationships made..."
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 17:40   #10003
VN350X10

Not sure just WHAT, but I'm celebrating !
Old 11-06-2009, 23:25   #10004
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullman View Post
Which is why I should have waited to let you handle that message, damn my impatience and all. Oh well, I must have another brew, if you will excuse me please

Permit me the temerity to correct your self-damning proclamation, Bull. YOUR response to that message is a vital lead-in to MY response. My response would be sadly diminished without a setup response leading into my own administrative rejoiner. I grew up as a Sherlock Holmes reader, so permit me this observation: Holmes is brilliant, but his literary presence would be severely damaged without Watson!
Old 11-06-2009, 23:28   #10005
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VN350X10 View Post
Not sure just WHAT, but I'm celebrating !
What is important is the CELEBRATION! The event being celebrated fades in importance to the celebration itself. Trust me, da' Rabbi is accurate on this one.
Old 11-07-2009, 21:59   #10006
VN350X10

Works for me....

Cause for Celebration.....

The Amphibius Assault Ship U.S.S. New York was officially Commisioned, Powered to life & Launched today, with her first crew & assignment.
The Commanding Officer is a Native New Yorker.
This beats the hell out of the Yankee's winning the World Series !

To the Ship...... CHEERS !!

Old 11-07-2009, 22:13   #10007
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VN350X10 View Post
Works for me....

Cause for Celebration.....

The Amphibius Assault Ship U.S.S. New York was officially Commisioned, Powered to life & Launched today, with her first crew & assignment.
The Commanding Officer is a Native New Yorker.
This beats the hell out of the Yankee's winning the World Series !

To the Ship...... CHEERS !!
The 10 Ring

Woo Hoo!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:44   #10008
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

Bottom one for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"I'd wager G would waterboard a salmon."--tous

"...those without swords can still die upon them." --Eowyn

Last edited by G33; 11-10-2009 at 21:25..
G33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:58   #10009
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Good choice for an Avatar, Twee-Twee. Tonight, in many military base area bars, a lot of otherwise macho military types will be raising glasses to toast the civilian lady flatfoot beat cop who arrived and cut off the killing. Apparently, she will pull through from her wounds; if I ever meet her, her money will be no good at any bar I occupy.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:46   #10010
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

Old 11-09-2009, 18:28   #10011
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Permit me to possibly interrupt the continuity of the Dual Celebration, but I wish to confess to a possible heretical action within the 10-Ring outlook on existence.

I have obtained a tiny Glock, for concealed pocket carry. Glock does not make so small a firearm in any "honorable" caliber - that is, in the worthy 10mm, or the (admittedly) old slow suboptimal .45ACP; such is one injustice of a cold cruel world. Because of this cruel gap in the Glock availability range, the Glock I obtained was ... a 27, in that caliber whose name is unworthy of actual mention within this forum.

Be assured that such heresy was performed only under extreme duress. I immediately acted to ameliorate my sin by immediately obtaining a Lone Wolf 357Sig conversion barrel, and designating this custom barrel as the primary use barrel for this firearm. I stand ready to expiate my grevious action with any punishment Suze and Twee-Twee may deem appropriate in such circumstances. To avoid any interruption of the 10-Ring partying sequence now underway, I waive any statute of limitations time consideration on conviction and sentencing for my crime; you hung-over 10-Ringers (pardon my redundancy) may consider this issue at your leisure.
Old 11-09-2009, 19:38   #10012
MinervaDoe

I would like to point out a Freudian slip in your logic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
I have obtained a tiny Glock, for concealed pocket carry. Glock does not make so small a firearm in any "honorable" caliber - that is, in the worthy 10mm, or the (admittedly) old slow suboptimal .45ACP; such is one injustice of a cold cruel world. Because of this cruel gap in the Glock availability range, the Glock I obtained was ... a 27, in that caliber whose name is unworthy of actual mention within this forum.
One would have thought that you would have purchased a Glock 39 then.

Quote:
Party on Wayne

Quote:
Party on Garth

Old 11-09-2009, 20:07   #10013
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
I would like to point out a Freudian slip in your logic.

One would have thought that you would have purchased a Glock 39 then.
45Gap is to 45ACP what 40S&W is to 10mm: a lowly pond-scum inferior pretender version of the true faith, to be allowed only the barest minimum of civility from the adherents of the original full-powered cartridge.

(See, 10-Ringers: across the vast chasm of statistical ballistic conflict, 45ACP and 10mm do have SOME common experiential basis.)
Old 11-09-2009, 20:28   #10014
MinervaDoe

Quote:
45Gap is to 45ACP what 40S&W is to 10mm: a lowly pond-scum inferior pretender version of the true faith, to be allowed only the barest minimum of civility from the adherents of the original full-powered cartridge.

(See, 10-Ringers: across the vast chasm of statistical ballistic conflict, 45ACP and 10mm do have SOME common experiential basis.)
But do the corrolaries hold across the board.
For example, if 40 S&W means 40 short and weak, what does .45 G.A.P. stand for?

Old 11-09-2009, 20:34   #10015
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
But do the corrolaries hold across the board.
Protocol point: in the 10-Ring, only the Chamber Staff can hold across the board.
Old 11-09-2009, 20:45   #10016
MinervaDoe

You lost me.
Chamber Staff?
hold across the board?

Is this some sort of reference to the poop deck on the Tartus?
I know that some poop decks were in fact simply planking with holes cut in them, but I always expected the Tartus to have porcelin accomodations (at least).
When you say Chamber Staff, are you referring to those guys that hand out towels in fancy restrooms? I've never had the pleasure. The restrooms on the Heart of Gold are actually quite sparse.

Old 11-09-2009, 21:17   #10017
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Entry onto the path to enlightenment can be achieved at any of the designated interchanges. The path to englightenment is a toll highway. Suze and Twee-Twee control the toll booths. Bring plenty of change.
Old 11-09-2009, 21:32   #10018
MinervaDoe

Quote:
The path to englightenment is a toll highway.
Oh, so it's kind of like Scientology. I hear they've got space ships too.

I think I'll just keep working on this self actualization thing I've got going on.

Oh, except, well maybe if you have levitation or psychokinesis. That stuff is a really big hit at parties.

Old 11-09-2009, 21:44   #10019
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Oh, so it's kind of like Scientology.
Only much classier. !0-Ring is more fun, less macho, and we never lean on members who wander off the reservation for occasional yucks. Besides, they have "cans"; we have 10mm Glocks! Advantage: 10-Ring.
Old 11-09-2009, 21:47   #10020
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

Quote:
Permit me to possibly interrupt the continuity of the Dual Celebration, but I wish to confess to a possible heretical action within the 10-Ring outlook on existence.

Be assured that such heresy was performed only under extreme duress. I immediately acted to ameliorate my sin by immediately obtaining a Lone Wolf 357Sig conversion barrel, and designating this custom barrel as the primary use barrel for this firearm. I stand ready to expiate my grevious action with any punishment Suze and Twee-Twee may deem appropriate in such circumstances. To avoid any interruption of the 10-Ring partying sequence now underway, I waive any statute of limitations time consideration on conviction and sentencing for my crime; you hung-over 10-Ringers (pardon my redundancy) may consider this issue at your leisure.
Get a 33 barrel?
Get spanked.

Tags
moved to page, retardis revival