Home Forums Classifieds GT Store Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-26-2015, 21:17   #1
540mope

Pair of S&W 10s

Love to shoot 10 mm and the 3rd Gen. 20 SF has performed very well, as expected. But i wanted other options besides the 20, and now the search for a S&W 10xx series pistol is over. Took posession of a 1006 over the weekend, thanks to a gentleman who was willing to trade it for a very nice Smith revolver. It joins its 10 mm wheelgun cousin the 610-2 which, after a two year search, i had gotten several months ago through another trade.
I have yet to shoot the 1006, but have shot factory loads with the 610. The stout N-frame wants more than the mild factory stuff. Have been considering getting into reloading to roll some hotter loads, but find it hard to invest in it because of the low volume of shooting i do....for now...that will change after retirement.
The 10 Ring
540mope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 21:41   #2
Grizzz

Jealous

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540mope View Post
Love to shoot 10 mm and the 3rd Gen. 20 SF has performed very well, as expected. But i wanted other options besides the 20, and now the search for a S&W 10xx series pistol is over. Took possession of a 1006 over the weekend, thanks to a gentleman who was willing to trade it for a very nice Smith revolver. It joins its 10 mm wheelgun cousin the 610-2 which, after a two year search, i had gotten several months ago through another trade.
I have yet to shoot the 1006, but have shot factory loads with the 610. The stout N-frame wants more than the mild factory stuff. Have been considering getting into reloading to roll some hotter loads, but find it hard to invest in it because of the low volume of shooting i do....for now...that will change after retirement.
The 10 Ring
I am sooooo jealous. What a beautiful pair. Love that 1006!!!
Old Today, 05:02   #3
bac1023

Very nice indeed...

I have a 1006 myself and its an excellent pistol.

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:20   #4
agtman
10mm Spartiate

Once you've run two or three mags stuffed with full-throttle 10mm ammo through any of Smith's 10XX-series pistols, it's hard not to really like them. It's harder still not to really want one for your collection when they pop up for sale.

Of mine, I love shooting the 1006 with near-max 200gn reloads. Some years back I had an oversized, 5" Bar-Sto barrel hand-fitted to it, just to save wear on the factory tube. Added one of Wolff's XP recoil springs. But the fixed Novaks are dead-on with either barrel. Smooth-shooting and accurate.

Obligatory (old) pic:

S&W 1006.
The 10 Ring

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by agtman; Today at 08:21..
agtman is online now   Reply With Quote

« 08:40 PM | - »