Home Forums Classifieds GT Store Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-21-2015, 10:24   #1
Climb14er

Well folks, After A Few Years...

I've been hanging around the 10 Ring for a few years, just letting things settle in. After a close encounter with a mountain lion in Colorado's back country last summer, and watching the bear population of Colorado get a tad more aggressive, I'm stepping to the bar at the 10 Ring.

Forty plus years in the West's back country and on the peaks, watching the weight in my packs, usually carrying bear spray up North in Montana and Wyoming and a G19 in Colorado, I said... what the heck!

Found on another forum a new Glock 20SF, complete with six mags, three Lone Wolf Barrels: 10mm, 40S&W and 357Sig, SS Guide Rod, 22# spring, nightsights and about 120 rounds of Buffalo Bore and Underwood Ammo... all for a very good price.

The Money Order should be delivered tonight out of state and the FFL's are all lined up

As you could imagine, I've read A TON of threads and posts on a number of forums, especially here!

I'll be testing ammo choices in the pistol, will mostly carry either Underwood or Buffalo Bore Hard Cast, 200gr or 220gr and a backup mag of 165gr-180gr Gold Dot or XTP JHP's, currently reading more about the reliability and ballistics of the loads.

Hopefully can receive the shipment of gun and ammo and accessories late next week or so. Will post my findings after I test the various ammo loads.

Will probably sell the 357Sig Lone Wolf barrel for a very reasonable price and keep the 40S&W and 10mm, plus the Glock factory 10mm barrel and recoil spring.

Will carry in a Safepacker Holster on my chest secured to pack.

I've always been impressed with the 10 Ring!
Old 01-21-2015, 14:16   #2
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climb14er View Post
I've been hanging around the 10 Ring for a few years, just letting things settle in. After a close encounter with a mountain lion in Colorado's back country last summer, and watching the bear population of Colorado get a tad more aggressive, I'm stepping to the bar at the 10 Ring.

Forty plus years in the West's back country and on the peaks, watching the weight in my packs, usually carrying bear spray up North in Montana and Wyoming and a G19 in Colorado, I said... what the heck!

Found on another forum a new Glock 20SF, complete with six mags, three Lone Wolf Barrels: 10mm, 40S&W and 357Sig, SS Guide Rod, 22# spring, nightsights and about 120 rounds of Buffalo Bore and Underwood Ammo... all for a very good price.

The Money Order should be delivered tonight out of state and the FFL's are all lined up

As you could imagine, I've read A TON of threads and posts on a number of forums, especially here!

I'll be testing ammo choices in the pistol, will mostly carry either Underwood or Buffalo Bore Hard Cast, 200gr or 220gr and a backup mag of 165gr-180gr Gold Dot or XTP JHP's, currently reading more about the reliability and ballistics of the loads.

Hopefully can receive the shipment of gun and ammo and accessories late next week or so. Will post my findings after I test the various ammo loads.

Will probably sell the 357Sig Lone Wolf barrel for a very reasonable price and keep the 40S&W and 10mm, plus the Glock factory 10mm barrel and recoil spring.

Will carry in a Safepacker Holster on my chest secured to pack.

I've always been impressed with the 10 Ring!
Welcome!!
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 14:25   #3
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Congratulations. Good carry piece. I think you'll enjoy your range time with that combination.

Quote:
After a close encounter with a mountain lion in Colorado's back country last summer, and watching the bear population of Colorado get a tad more aggressive, I'm stepping to the bar at the 10 Ring.
I know the feeling. There's a section of trail that I use quite a bit that my nephew swears he encountered a mountain lion on. But, since the state of California makes it nearly impossible to get a carry permit, my G29 stays home, and I hike with pepper spray.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 22:41   #4
seamaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
Congratulations. Good carry piece. I think you'll enjoy your range time with that combination.

I know the feeling. There's a section of trail that I use quite a bit that my nephew swears he encountered a mountain lion on. But, since the state of California makes it nearly impossible to get a carry permit, my G29 stays home, and I hike with pepper spray.
Read cal penal code section 12-27 if memory serves me. As long as you are in an area were its legal to discharge a gun, AND you have a valid hunting of fishing license...well I better let you read the rest for yourself...

Last edited by seamaster; 01-21-2015 at 22:42..
seamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 02:10   #5
Sigobsessed
Good looking

Congrats on the g20, looking forward to your range report!
Old 01-22-2015, 10:52   #6
happie2shoot

Quote:

Will post my findings after I test the various ammo loads.

I have that g20sf and also a gen4 g20 and some 6''LW barrels
in 357sig, 40s&w and a 6.6'' in 10mm.

The sig will shoot a 125 UW at 1600fps and the 40 will beat
the 180 UW 10MM, with cheap 40 brass, 183 cast at over 1300fps.

Am looking forward to your results.

Also have a 6'' 9mm barrel for the g20s too, its a versatile gun.
happie2shoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:55   #7
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamaster View Post
Read cal penal code section 12-27 if memory serves me. As long as you are in an area were its legal to discharge a gun, AND you have a valid hunting of fishing license...well I better let you read the rest for yourself...
Thanks. I'll check it out for the next time I go to a national forest. It's the Bay Area. There's mountain lion sightings all the time (even in the cities) but no shooting signs are even more prevalent.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 06:21   #8
bac1023

Congrats on the G20. Its an excellent pistol.

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring

bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote