Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-28-2006, 10:54   #21
NoSuchStudios
Squirrely Wrath

I don't know if this was mentioned somewhere in here but does anyone know of a place to shoot in the winchester / strasburg area? I know there are private clubs but there doesn't seem to be a range for us common folk.

If anyone knows of a proper range or heck, even a field that people can use for shooting it would be much appreciated.

Thanks neighbors
NoSuchStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 17:18   #22
gunman_23
GOOGLE IT

Quote:
Originally posted by NoSuchStudios
I don't know if this was mentioned somewhere in here but does anyone know of a place to shoot in the winchester / strasburg area? I know there are private clubs but there doesn't seem to be a range for us common folk.

If anyone knows of a proper range or heck, even a field that people can use for shooting it would be much appreciated.

Thanks neighbors
+100

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Now go on and get you some!!
"This pinball machine ain't gonna make love to itself"
gunman_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 16:05   #23
CScott88

I go to "The Range" In Fredericksburg off Rt. 1 too. I have been looking for somewhere in the area where I can shoot rifles and shotguns, Does anyone know of a place? I'd be satisfied with an old tree to shoot at. I've got a clay pitcher but no where to use it. I don't want to have to drive far through the traffic everytime I want to go shooting. I live in the Fredericksburg/Spotsylvania area and if anyone can point me out a place, I'd be much appreciative.

Casey
CScott88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 08:27   #24
Richard Simmons
American Icon

As a member of Ridge Rifle Assoc in Fincastle, VA I do most of my shooting there but have shot on several of the National Forest ranges in this area. It's been years but the Wythe range is very primitive and requires you to park at the bottom of a dirt path and walk up to the range area. Might have been improved by now. The Blacksburg range is nicer and paved but you still have to park below and walk up a hill to shoot. There is a handicap parking spot at the top which if vacant you can pull into to unload then repark. Not the greatest if you have more stuff than you can carry in one trip and are shooting alone. You'll have to leave stuff unattended as you either go get your car or carry your stuff down. The Potts Slope range is the best of the three I've shot at. Close in, level parking, never too crowded, covered shooting positions with benches and seats. Best of the best for a public range,
Richard Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 21:11   #25
JaredAG

Couple of people have mentioned Straight Shooters in Colonial Heights (20min drive from the city of Richmond). Had my first experience there this weekend, the only prior range experience was Dominion (Southside of Richmond), which has also been mentioned. SS seemed really unorganized. The old man that worked the counter seemed more involved with babysitting his grandson than helping customers (Me and my friend). Bring your own ammo for $15 was cool, but they only had like 7 lanes, and they weren't very long either. I'd guess the full length was like 12yds, max. I also didn't have to sign a waiver, didn't have my ID checked or anything, which seemed a little sketchy. Also, when I left, I wanted to talk to the guy about buying some magazines they had for my glock, so I stood there while he talked to one of his buddies for like 3 mins, got annoyed and left.

I guess you get what you pay for at this range. Crappy service, crappy facility. I'll give it another couple of tries though, could've just been an off day.
JaredAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:15   #26
epitome

u forgot hampton roads superior pawn and gun shop on va beach blvd
epitome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 16:26   #27
Jeffrey.M.Torres
Version 3.0

LaFayette Gun Club, Yorktown, VA

Norfolk County Rifle Range, Norfolk, VA
Jeffrey.M.Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 20:28   #28
1camper

I usually shoot at Lynnhaven Shooting Range.

.........yeah it's the one that blew up. LOL. My wife worries about me going there since, lately I've just been shooting at home.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:31   #29
isnerbs

PSS Range in Roanoke

Checking into joining the Bedford Rifle & Revolver Club.
isnerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 00:46   #30
furioso2112

tagged
Old 07-09-2009, 17:37   #31
TexasGlock23
Salty Collar

Send a message via AIM to TexasGlock23 Send a message via Yahoo to TexasGlock23
C2
Virginia Beach
http://www.yellowpages.com/name/Virg...nsion_factor=2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

G23-TFO's, Streamlight TLR-1, Tucker Tx Heritage IWB and a few other goodies.
G19-wifes
own a GM? visit us at customgm.com
TexasGlock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 17:38   #32
TexasGlock23
Salty Collar

Send a message via AIM to TexasGlock23 Send a message via Yahoo to TexasGlock23
Is there anyone interested in going this weekend? I bought a Bushy and I'm dying to go.

G23-TFO's, Streamlight TLR-1, Tucker Tx Heritage IWB and a few other goodies.
G19-wifes
own a GM? visit us at customgm.com
TexasGlock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 13:22   #33
RedKnightt

Silver Eagle Group in Ashburn (Loudoun County, Northern Virginia)

Nice ranges, very new, good ventilation system, can rent guns (including full auto). 2 50-foot and a 100-foot range. Not as cheap as NRA range, but about the same price as Blue Ridge for a yearly membership. You can also just show up and shoot for $25 an hour. I don't believe there are any caliber/ammo restrictions, but you should check the site to make sure.

[URL]http://www.silvereagle-group.com/[/URL]
44620 Guilford Dr
Ashburn, VA 20147-6053
(703) 723-4910
RedKnightt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:19   #34
jp_vcu

I shoot at Dominion off of Midlothian Turnpike. It's impossible to find the first time you go; the place is half hidden by a car garage's lot.

The pro's of Dominion: most of the staff are ok, and it is basically the only shooting range in Richmond.

The cons: have to buy their ammo, about 2/3 of the target returns don't work, a lot of the time you get stuck waiting in line to shoot, and it seems a bit on the expensive side.
jp_vcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 13:25   #35
JC1341

I usually shoot at the National Forest range on 460 past Blacksburg. I have also shot many times at Potts Slope.

Semper Fi
JC1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:20   #36
VA_lockup

Send a message via AIM to VA_lockup Send a message via Yahoo to VA_lockup
yeah i usually shoot at the range in Blacksburg too... not a bad place for free....
G27OD -PYE-=Still here.
VA_lockup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 14:33   #37
wct097

Anyone have any news about the range opening in Evington just off of 460 near Lynchburg? Drove by the other day and saw they had broken ground and done some foundations. Curious as to when it'll be completed.

Despite the expense, I always enjoyed going to Dominion when I lived in Richmond.
Old 02-27-2010, 18:39   #38
wmjbailey

Bachelor Party

Ok yall Ive looked all through this site looking for a solution to what im looking for. To make a long story short, I'm planning a bachelor party and the groom wants to go shooting during the day. We'd like to be able to fire my .40, 45, 12 ga, 30-06, and .223. Most of these guys have never been around guns but are interested so I'm hoping to inspire a few more gun owners/enthusiasts as well as have a good time with a little friendly competition. Ive talked to Dominion and a few other ranges but they are all very expensive just to get the 5-6 of us on the range (I already know ammo is expensive so that's not the issue) and/or don't allow the .223 or 30-06. Does anyone know of a place that would be relatively inexpensive and be able to shoot most if not all of my weapons? Ive been talking with a few friends trying to see if anyone might have some or know someone who has some property that we could set up something at but have come up empty. Thought this would be a good place to pick some brains and see if anyone knew of a place that might work. Thanks for the help!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
wmjbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:36   #39
Sinsaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmjbailey View Post
Ok yall Ive looked all through this site looking for a solution to what im looking for. To make a long story short, I'm planning a bachelor party and the groom wants to go shooting during the day. We'd like to be able to fire my .40, 45, 12 ga, 30-06, and .223. Most of these guys have never been around guns but are interested so I'm hoping to inspire a few more gun owners/enthusiasts as well as have a good time with a little friendly competition. Ive talked to Dominion and a few other ranges but they are all very expensive just to get the 5-6 of us on the range (I already know ammo is expensive so that's not the issue) and/or don't allow the .223 or 30-06. Does anyone know of a place that would be relatively inexpensive and be able to shoot most if not all of my weapons? Ive been talking with a few friends trying to see if anyone might have some or know someone who has some property that we could set up something at but have come up empty. Thought this would be a good place to pick some brains and see if anyone knew of a place that might work. Thanks for the help!

I presume it is too late (since I didn't see this thread until today) but if it isn't, you might want to consider The Cove. A camp ground near Winchester, VA that has a rifle range. 100 yd range and main limitation is no tracers. http://www.covecampground.com/TargetRange.html
Old 03-13-2010, 10:17   #40
John4me05
JayzDaddy

I shoot at the NF ranges on 311 in Craig county on Potts mountain and Low Moor range at the hospital exit of I64.
John4me05 is offline   Reply With Quote