Old 01-02-2009, 15:26   #27
Jeffrey.M.Torres
Version 3.0

LaFayette Gun Club, Yorktown, VA

Norfolk County Rifle Range, Norfolk, VA
Jeffrey.M.Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 20:28   #28
1camper

I usually shoot at Lynnhaven Shooting Range.

.........yeah it's the one that blew up. LOL. My wife worries about me going there since, lately I've just been shooting at home.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:31   #29
isnerbs

PSS Range in Roanoke

Checking into joining the Bedford Rifle & Revolver Club.
isnerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 00:46   #30
furioso2112

tagged
Old 07-09-2009, 17:37   #31
TexasGlock23
Salty Collar

Send a message via AIM to TexasGlock23 Send a message via Yahoo to TexasGlock23
C2
Virginia Beach
http://www.yellowpages.com/name/Virg...nsion_factor=2
G19-wifes
own a GM? visit us at customgm.com
TexasGlock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 17:38   #32
TexasGlock23
Salty Collar

Send a message via AIM to TexasGlock23 Send a message via Yahoo to TexasGlock23
Is there anyone interested in going this weekend? I bought a Bushy and I'm dying to go.
G19-wifes
own a GM? visit us at customgm.com
TexasGlock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 13:22   #33
RedKnightt

Silver Eagle Group in Ashburn (Loudoun County, Northern Virginia)

Nice ranges, very new, good ventilation system, can rent guns (including full auto). 2 50-foot and a 100-foot range. Not as cheap as NRA range, but about the same price as Blue Ridge for a yearly membership. You can also just show up and shoot for $25 an hour. I don't believe there are any caliber/ammo restrictions, but you should check the site to make sure.

http://www.silvereagle-group.com/
44620 Guilford Dr
Ashburn, VA 20147-6053
(703) 723-4910
RedKnightt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:19   #34
jp_vcu

I shoot at Dominion off of Midlothian Turnpike. It's impossible to find the first time you go; the place is half hidden by a car garage's lot.

The pro's of Dominion: most of the staff are ok, and it is basically the only shooting range in Richmond.

The cons: have to buy their ammo, about 2/3 of the target returns don't work, a lot of the time you get stuck waiting in line to shoot, and it seems a bit on the expensive side.
jp_vcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 13:25   #35
JC1341

I usually shoot at the National Forest range on 460 past Blacksburg. I have also shot many times at Potts Slope.

Semper Fi
JC1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:20   #36
VA_lockup

Send a message via AIM to VA_lockup Send a message via Yahoo to VA_lockup
yeah i usually shoot at the range in Blacksburg too... not a bad place for free....
G27OD -PYE-=Still here.
VA_lockup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 13:33   #37
wct097

Anyone have any news about the range opening in Evington just off of 460 near Lynchburg? Drove by the other day and saw they had broken ground and done some foundations. Curious as to when it'll be completed.

Despite the expense, I always enjoyed going to Dominion when I lived in Richmond.
Old 02-27-2010, 17:39   #38
wmjbailey

Bachelor Party

Ok yall Ive looked all through this site looking for a solution to what im looking for. To make a long story short, I'm planning a bachelor party and the groom wants to go shooting during the day. We'd like to be able to fire my .40, 45, 12 ga, 30-06, and .223. Most of these guys have never been around guns but are interested so I'm hoping to inspire a few more gun owners/enthusiasts as well as have a good time with a little friendly competition. Ive talked to Dominion and a few other ranges but they are all very expensive just to get the 5-6 of us on the range (I already know ammo is expensive so that's not the issue) and/or don't allow the .223 or 30-06. Does anyone know of a place that would be relatively inexpensive and be able to shoot most if not all of my weapons? Ive been talking with a few friends trying to see if anyone might have some or know someone who has some property that we could set up something at but have come up empty. Thought this would be a good place to pick some brains and see if anyone knew of a place that might work. Thanks for the help!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
wmjbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:36   #39
Sinsaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmjbailey View Post
Ok yall Ive looked all through this site looking for a solution to what im looking for. To make a long story short, I'm planning a bachelor party and the groom wants to go shooting during the day. We'd like to be able to fire my .40, 45, 12 ga, 30-06, and .223. Most of these guys have never been around guns but are interested so I'm hoping to inspire a few more gun owners/enthusiasts as well as have a good time with a little friendly competition. Ive talked to Dominion and a few other ranges but they are all very expensive just to get the 5-6 of us on the range (I already know ammo is expensive so that's not the issue) and/or don't allow the .223 or 30-06. Does anyone know of a place that would be relatively inexpensive and be able to shoot most if not all of my weapons? Ive been talking with a few friends trying to see if anyone might have some or know someone who has some property that we could set up something at but have come up empty. Thought this would be a good place to pick some brains and see if anyone knew of a place that might work. Thanks for the help!

I presume it is too late (since I didn't see this thread until today) but if it isn't, you might want to consider The Cove. A camp ground near Winchester, VA that has a rifle range. 100 yd range and main limitation is no tracers. http://www.covecampground.com/TargetRange.html
Old 03-13-2010, 09:17   #40
John4me05
JayzDaddy

I shoot at the NF ranges on 311 in Craig county on Potts mountain and Low Moor range at the hospital exit of I64.
John4me05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 14:06   #41
Enoy21

SW VA also has a couple of outdoor public ranges we like to frequent when the weather is nice.

Potts Mountain on 311 just paste New Castle ( good folks , but not many lanes )

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/gwj/easternd...es/index.shtml

Blacksburg Shooting range : ( Never been there but will soon most likely )

http://www.botos.com/david/guns/bburgrange/

For club members there is also an Izaak Walton ( range and fishing pond ) just a little ways off RT 11/460 around the Shawsville area that I've considered joining this past year.
Enoy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 14:46   #42
TasteThePainbow

No indoor ranges here. I can drive a mile up the road to a HUGE flat piece of land and shoot all I want and anytime I want. Usually I'm the only one there. Pack up the steel targets and whatever else I can find to shoot and just go. In some ways I think it's better than an indoor range. I have at least 600-700 yards in some places.
Old 07-22-2011, 00:39   #43
VADuckHunter

Augusta Springs has a public shooting range. Thats where i usually go. Theres no supervision out there, and sometimes you have to watch out for yahoos. Only ever had 1 problem, and it was handled with an apology. (Guy's son's girlfriend was sweeping over the shooting lane with a loaded SKS. I walked behind her and the father took the hint.)

You can also shoot just about any target you want as long as you clean it up.
VADuckHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:07   #44
Shamrock61

Quote:
Originally Posted by wct097 View Post
Anyone have any news about the range opening in Evington just off of 460 near Lynchburg? Drove by the other day and saw they had broken ground and done some foundations. Curious as to when it'll be completed.

Despite the expense, I always enjoyed going to Dominion when I lived in Richmond.
The Range is on Sunburst Rd in Evington and is called Lynchburg Arms & Shooting Range. They have 6 lanes and it is $10 an hour to shoot. You can use your own ammo. I was happy with my experience there, and will go back whenever I'm in Lynchburg.

(434) 525-2604
113 Sunburst Rd
Lynchburg, VA 24501
Shamrock61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 14:29   #45
Bill Dncn

Member of Black Creek Shooters Assc. in eastern Hanover but have shot matches at Cavalier, Fredericksburg, Rivanna, Old Dominion and others

Black Rifle Club member #BCM556
Glockers of the Old Dominion member #FDE-G17
Bill Dncn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 14:49   #46
Chesafreak

I shoot at Bob's in Norfolk. I was there today. I work near there so its easy to go on my lunch break.
Until November of last year when I moved into town, I was able to shoot in a field behind my house. They are building a house too close to that spot so we can't shoot there anymore.
Chesafreak is offline   Reply With Quote