Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-19-2014, 20:37   #1
Cain8768

Ben Carson and the second amendment

Just thought I would share this info I found on another forum I frequent. Apparently Ben Carson was questioned on the second amendment on a call tonight and it sounds like he altered his stance for the better regarding firearms.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index...howtopic=53060

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416451018.761405.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	243067

Last edited by Cain8768; 11-19-2014 at 20:41..
Cain8768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 20:44   #2
nursetim

In order to be more electable.

A sworn statement stating he would repeal all NFA acts dating back to 1900. Then he has my vote.
Old 11-19-2014, 20:49   #3
Lockback
Polymerlicious!

He's coming around.
Whether or not he truly believes in the 2nd Amendment when it's not popular to do so remains to be seen over time.
Lockback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 21:11   #4
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

I will have to hear more about his beliefs. Too many politicians are doing an Obama and just saying what they think we want to hear in order to get support.

I will have to be convinced over time and after more hard pushing, for all his political/legal and personal freedom positions. He could be the one, but many before him promised to be the one and then fell short.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 22:03   #5
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
I will have to hear more about his beliefs. Too many politicians are doing an Obama and just saying what they think we want to hear in order to get support.

I will have to be convinced over time and after more hard pushing, for all his political/legal and personal freedom positions. He could be the one, but many before him promised to be the one and then fell short.
This,as he has proven his Failure on the Second Amendment in past statements. Some politicians will say what ever is required to be elected,gee who does that bring to mind. SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 22:09   #6
nursetim

Really? So the dems are right. You tell a lie often enough, people will believe it.

So words not deeds are good enough for y'all? Not for me. I want a written promise to repeal gun control starting at least with the 1934 NFA.

Oh, we want to hear him lie a few more times before we believe him.
Old 11-21-2014, 23:09   #7
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursetim View Post
Really? So the dems are right. You tell a lie often enough, people will believe it.

So words not deeds are good enough for y'all? Not for me. I want a written promise to repeal gun control starting at least with the 1934 NFA.

Oh, we want to hear him lie a few more times before we believe him.
I don't even trust his signature on a pice of paper as some things are not worth the paper they are on. He has had his test on the Constitution and he Failed. SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 11:38   #8
FireForged
Millenium #3936

Honestly, when it comes to politics.. it doesnt really matter much to me what people "say" and until he actually holds an elected office and takes some sort of action/votes in favor of or against firearms ownership, I will remain skeptical. I like what he has said and find his comments reasonable and well considered. I still wont put a pro or anti label on him until I have more of a reference.