SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-28-2009, 23:07   #1
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Load Data for Norma 200 FMJs?

A local reloading shop has a couple of dusty boxes of Norma 200 gr FMJs. I was thinking about scooping them up. Anyone have any experience with them? Also, is there any published load data out there for that projectile that anyone could pass along? I'd prefer data for A9 or my second choice would be Blue Dot.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:45   #2
LexDiamonds
Reloading Fiend

I have never seen a formal listing in any load resources for the norma projectiles. Obvious answer-- use the load data that you posted in the other thread for the speer 200gr tmj.... not sure why youd have to ask? Happy loading.
LexDiamonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:42   #3
Mwinter
I'm MilkMan Dan

TH,

I have some of the loaded 200gr Norma cartridges at home.....if memory serves there's a box panel that has fps, me, etc. listed on it. Somebody will probably beat me to it but if I check back tomorrow and there's no answer, I'll cpoy what's on there to the thread.

FYI the factory Norma 200gr 10mm Auto is relatively speedy/hot.
Singled out, and called to arms to defend what they hold dearest, the number of truly evil people would be small. The number of truly good people, even smaller....those too afraid, too weak or too ill-prepared to fight would be countless.
Mwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 13:08   #4
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamonds View Post
I have never seen a formal listing in any load resources for the norma projectiles. Obvious answer-- use the load data that you posted in the other thread for the speer 200gr tmj.... not sure why youd have to ask? Happy loading.
Granted, substituting load data for a similar type/weight projectile is an answer. However, there are widely varying load data points for 200 FMJs out there. The point of my question is to determine whether Norma FMJs obturate with pressures consistent with something like an XTP or more like a Speer, or something else. I was hoping that published data may provide some clues about the pressure/velocity characteristics of the Norma bullet.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:59   #5
Mwinter
I'm MilkMan Dan

Tater, sorry I let you down. Work has been nuts. I'll try to post what I have when I get home tonight.
Singled out, and called to arms to defend what they hold dearest, the number of truly evil people would be small. The number of truly good people, even smaller....those too afraid, too weak or too ill-prepared to fight would be countless.
Mwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 16:18   #6
Waffentomas
Semper Fidelis

The 200gr Norma load lists on the box (I still own a few) as travelling at 1200fps. I've never seen them get much past 1160fps or so in my guns. They are nothing special, so don't pay a lot for them...unless you reload. Frankly, Norma made the absolute BEST brass for 10mm I've ever used, and I've used them all. I have over 1000 pieces, and am so afraid to lose one they just sit the bag, deprimed and ready to go - nowhere - again, because I'm afraid to lose one. Stupid, huh?

Tom

Last edited by Waffentomas; 01-05-2010 at 16:22..
Waffentomas is offline   Reply With Quote