Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:41   #176
Blitzer
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to Blitzer Send a message via Yahoo to Blitzer
Bravo lady kitty you did good!

We could have used one less defective gene in the resource pool, too bad he ran away like the punk coward he is!

Last edited by Blitzer; 05-06-2009 at 12:53..
Blitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:42   #177
Blitzer
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to Blitzer Send a message via Yahoo to Blitzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nestrapez View Post
paranoid..

You are a real wonder.
Old 06-13-2009, 18:02   #178
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugo View Post
Great, great thread, Miss Kitty! You did fine! If you're still checking in, thank you much for the gift of your experience. Thanks to Southern Lady too, and all the good posts here. Gotta get my wife to read this. Wish I had seen it before.
Thanks

I still check in from time to time.

Pass it on! I posted it hoping it might help somebody someday.
Old 06-13-2009, 18:25   #179
jdavionic
NRA Member

Excellent OP and thanks for posting it. Yes, I think he was up to no good. Not sure you were a target for carjacking. His intentions may have been worse than taking your vehicle.

I haven't read the 8 pages that follow the OP. But I assume they include kudos for a job well done. I can't think of anything you could have done differently.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 19:58   #180
Cody Jarrett

Hindsight is 20/20 vision. It's hard for us to feel what you felt or understand your fear. Evolution gave you 10,000 years of instinct and I beieve you followed them correctly. Trusting your instincts can be then difference between life and death and you followed this to the note... and went home to your family unharmed. Good job.
Cody Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:34   #181
FireForged
Millenium #3936

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskitty5077 View Post
Took a report for my insurance, nothing really...

What could they do?

The officer was really nice, great actually but there was nothing he could do.

I think you did great! I am glad you stayed in the car and stayed cool. The guy will probably never know how close he came to looking at sky.

Well.. sometimes its the small bits of info that allows a inv that is already working a case, to solve it. It may have been better if they had taken a detailed case report and forward it to the division that could already be investigating these guys. It sounds like they just worked up a accident report.

Last edited by FireForged; 06-14-2009 at 11:37..
FireForged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 13:38   #182
LApm9

One other strategy for someone who feels they MUST approach your drivers side door: Keep your motor running. Turn your steering wheel all the way to the right. Shift into reverse. Keep one foot on the brake.

If trouble starts, take your foot off the brake and hit the gas. The front wheel will take the front of the car over the bad guy. Test this in a parking lot to see how it works.

Keep in mind that this action can be lethal...so employ it appropriately...not on irritations like panhandlers, etc.
LApm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 20:02   #183
Gray_Rider

Miss Kitty,

Let me be one of the many to personally congradulate you on your unbelieveable courage and self control in this harrowing experience. I think you handled things masterfully. Those tud balls had more on their minds than exchanging insurance papers. And +100 for being smart enough and ahead of the curve enough to be armed!!! I would wager not one woman in 300 carries. Most just can't be bothered. Even when its their lives in the balance! How many will fill unmarked graves because of it?

I was on the verge of getting my wife to get her carry permit till one evening at a friend's house I brought up CCW and our host laughed at me for being so paranoid. (We live in Jacksonville Fla., the 'murder capitol' of Fla., yep real cause for "paranoia" there) Now she can't be bothered to even think about carrying, (someone may laugh at her about it I suppose) I could see from the look on her face all the imploring and reasoning I had done, (including a then recient incident on a lonely mountain road when she loaded and racked her Glock 26 w/o so much of a word from me. She spotted potential trouble and carried through.) just flew out the window on gossamer wings. She has no problems with me carrying or keeping loaded Glocks at home on the night stand, but thinks nothing of going out at night to the most dangerous part of town unarmed for her college classes.....

Gray_Rider
Deo Vindice!
Gray_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:39   #184
Hi Ball
Hi Ball

Now here is how I see things from your post OK! First of all, I am letting those would be "car-jacker" know I got my GLOCK in hand ready for whatever he attempts to pull out of his pocket the second time you had to tell him to back away from the car understand.

Now once you hear those 2 would be car-jackers discussing the situation, behind your car, that is time for real alert. NO hiding your weapon, use your car as a ram if need be and get the hell out of DODGE period. There is also such a thing as a citizen's arrest in my state, don't know about yours.

I would think by know the person in front of you, would have already made there turn and traffic was flowing once again.......you never stated one way or another. How long did the entire incident take? You are lucky these were real amature car snatchers or you may have been shot and drug out of the car. The bad boys don't wait and discuss what they are going to do with you in the car OK. They know what they are going to do as soon as they come up to a vehicle.
Hi Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 16:17   #185
LApm9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Blase View Post
A couple of reactions to recent posts in this thread:

According to many eyewitness accounts and my Patrol procedures instructor, "You haven't got the guts" is one of the most popular last things people have said. The other was, "Go ahead and shoot me."
My LEO CCW instructor fielded that question in my last CCW refresher. He said that in our area those statements would qualify as a threat of lethal force. He was careful to qualify "in our area", so check with the local LEOs in your area.
LApm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 17:04   #186
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Ball View Post
How long did the entire incident take?
It seemed like eons but it was only a few minutes. 2-4 maybe? I looked at my cell phone records then and added the times but I can't remember now...

Traffic, except for the lane I was in, never even slowed down. I remember thinking "if I do draw down on this guy, and he runs, there is no way he'll not be run over..."

Car in front of me...I want to say it stayed, but I cannot be sure now. My focus was on the guy at my window.
Old 09-16-2009, 21:45   #187
smt1013

Miss Kitty, just read the entire posting. WOW - no way I would have done that well, I would never have thought it was a carjacking - I've learned by your experience. My wife and I just got our MN carry permits, and she will be reading this tomorrow.

Thank-you for educating us all!
smt1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 22:51   #188
VaporLock24

Amazing story! Im happy that you stayed put in the car and dialed 911, im also glad you were armed and not afraid to protect yourself! happy to have you around!
VaporLock24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 14:48   #189
GreyEclipse
TheGreyEclipse

You did well, you should have said the F word a lot more though...Would have made the story much kooler and you would have sounded tougher.
Kalashnikov Klub Member-761
RTN Club Member-171-Moonie

Last edited by GreyEclipse; 05-05-2010 at 14:49..
GreyEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 17:02   #190
Cody Jarrett

Very smart behavior on your part. Never let the opponent control the situation and always summon the police. Perhaps God was watching over you as many times these things end badly.
Old 05-20-2010, 21:04   #191
MKEgal

famous last words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde in CO View Post
I've heard stories where someone pulls a gun on an attacker and the perp just smiles and says "like I've never had a gun pointed at me before" or "you don't have the guts".
I understand those are among the most popular last words, right up there with "hey watch this!"

Krysta

-
MKEgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 15:57   #192
powder86
SHOOT SAFE!

this a reference for what my wife should know when she gets her cc permit! way to go!
Old 08-01-2010, 21:09   #193
crsuribe
10mm Auto

We need more stories like these around here!

Or does anybody know where I can find more? I'm learning from this.
crsuribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:00   #194
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by crsuribe View Post
We need more stories like these around here!

Or does anybody know where I can find more? I'm learning from this.
Go to these threads...

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1115506

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1131983

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:17   #195
Great Googly Moogly
Shiek Yerbouti

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKitty View Post
Took a report for my insurance, nothing really...

What could they do?

The officer was really nice, great actually but there was nothing he could do.
Hit and run is a felony in most places.
Great Googly Moogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:44   #196
Burn
Taco Hack

I wish more women could read this....but some cry baby will monday morning quarterback you and say somethings to the lines of

He was a good guy and you over reacted

Or he would have just taken your gun away from you....

I am glad you protected yourself...

I need to own some hounds..wolf hounds just so I can "Release the hounds" and mean it.
Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 23:51   #197
crsuribe
10mm Auto

Thanks!
crsuribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:13   #198
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Googly Moogly View Post
Hit and run is a felony in most places.
Requires bodily injury in NC to be a felony.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:37   #199
Cody Jarrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
Don't ever doubt your gut feelings. They're there to keep you alive.
Way to listen to yourself MissK!
Evolution has provided us with 10,000 years of instincts. When the hair on your neck is standing up... believe it.

When you're lying in bed and hear that floor board squeak in the other room or a noise at the window... believe it. When you get the willies about someone... believe it.

Instincts are your first line of defense. They should kick you from yellow to orange (alert).
Old 08-05-2010, 18:22   #200
grizman

Bravo! Well played Mrs Kitty. Kept calm, aware and ready. It does sound more like a snatch n grab abduction attempt than a carjacking. I didn't catch if he was alone in the car? If he was it wasn't a simple carjacking!
I would suggest the same to anyone reading this, get a hi lumen output led light and keep it in you door pocket next to the seat or somewhere handy on the drivers side. Something like a coast L7 from lowes its 190+ lumens 70 bucks and even in broad daylight will momentarely blind a person. Blast'em in the eyes as you kick open the door or draw your weapon, they won't see it coming.
Also on the call to 911 leave the phone on so the operator can hear whats going on and it is being recorded for your witness so to speak!

Again Well Done! You took command of the situation and avoided being more of a victim!

Last edited by grizman; 08-05-2010 at 18:24..
grizman is offline   Reply With Quote