Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-11-2006, 16:54   #126
Laurie Hughes

GREAT THREAD

I'm new to this forum too but I'm so glad I found this thread. I intend to show it to anyone who will read it. You trod the dangerous path with excellent skill... a perfect 10. I've spent the last several years trying to convince other women that being slaughtered for sport by scumbags is not destiny and that superman is not going to swoop down and save them. I've been menaced twice in my life, the first time was a purse snatcher at a wally world. The second time I surprised 2 punk car thieves at a lake boat ramp. I used to depend on martial arts skills but age finally convinced me to get a permit and carry my G-19 or G-36. So far, no further incidents but I hope I will be as cool and calm as you were. You know of course the car in front was in on this too. That's who scumbag #2 was on the phone with. You were the target and I shudder to think.... Godspeed to all.
Laurie Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 17:03   #127
keith56
BAD KARMA

Quote:
Originally posted by EL COLONEL
You did great. Some people just don't understand that no means no!
+1000
This is the exact reason my wife carries a G29 with her 24/7. Glad it turned out for the best
Old 08-11-2006, 20:38   #128
Cop Pop

Send a message via AIM to Cop Pop Send a message via Yahoo to Cop Pop
Almost carjacked

Are you sure you haven't had defensive training? That was a textbook response to a dangerous situation that had the potential to escalate to violence very quickly. You kept your cool and acted reasonably under the circumstances. My only constructive criticism is that you should have kept an open line with the 911 operator, and tried to transmit a description of the person (and his vehicle and license plate number,if possible)to the police. Nevertheless, you survived and that's the bottom line.
Sub Club #1199;PA Glockers #205;G36 Club #24
I fear no evil, for my Glock is with me.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:57   #129
MrsKitty

Re: Almost carjacked

Quote:
Originally posted by Cop Pop
Are you sure you haven't had defensive training? That was a textbook response to a dangerous situation that had the potential to escalate to violence very quickly. You kept your cool and acted reasonably under the circumstances. My only constructive criticism is that you should have kept an open line with the 911 operator, and tried to transmit a description of the person (and his vehicle and license plate number,if possible)to the police. Nevertheless, you survived and that's the bottom line.
I kept an open line with 911 when I called the second time. The first operator was male and blew me off but at that time, I was simply reporting an accident. The second call I got a female who immediately went on full alert. She advised me that she would be on the line and to not worry about occupying my hand with the phone and to defend myself as necessary. I did give a description the with second call of everything but the plates.

Let's see... I needed a credit one semester so I took self-defense in college. I have three AAS degrees in variations of criminal justice, a BS in cjc and an additional 18 grad hours in cjc. But no true defensive training.

Everybody who knows me thinks I am paranoid because I am so observant of my surroundings. I have always been overly observant tho. It is just my nature.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:19   #130
mr00jimbo

You did the right thing! It's awsome that your right to carry a firearm could have quite possibly saved you. I wish in Canada we could have the same right to do so, but sadly even a knife concealed is illegal.

When I was way too young, like 6, my mom was rear ended. She got out, and the guy who got out was with a couple of other people. They physically threatened her to say she was at fault. When she did not comply, they called some more guys to come.

I'm sure those ****s must have felt proud of themselves, trying to intimidate a hard-working mother of two who was going to the money machine at night to take out some cash and buy her kids dinner.

In Canada, sadly, you cannot carry pepper spray (unless you lie and say its for dog protection) or a knife, or a tazer, or a gun. Criminals can, and they do. And people who are unarmed, physically intimidate others with either sheer size or "safety in numbers" where they will come with a pack of people and 10 on 1...never ends good.

In Canada, the "crimeless country" (i'm so sure) self-defense seems to be illegal.

I took my mom out shooting and she loves it, was understandably shaken up but agrees that the laws about self-defense are absurd.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:21   #131
AZ DBLTRBL
CLM Number 218
Out Of Order

misskitty, I am so glad you are alive to tell this story to all of us! I just found this thread, and after reading your story, I KNOW that your quick thinking, and listening to your gut instincts saved your very life. I have printed this for my daughter as well,,,,

This is a happy ending story only because you listened and trusted your instincts and reacted with intelligence and quick thinking.....Thank God we will never know what they had planned for you that day, but it was NOT GOOD! Thanks so much for sharing this....it may very well save someone's life in the future

“The Lord gets His best soldiers out of the highlands of affliction.”
― Charles H. Spurgeon
AZ DBLTRBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 00:01   #132
billdo82

where you in mexico? it sounds like a kidnapping... good job. keep safe.
billdo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 00:58   #133
sdsnet
CLM Number 43
NRA Member

Miss Kitty, thank you for posting this. I forwarded a copy of your story to my wife and plan to discuss it with her in detail. You really handled things well.

Thank you.
Ham Shack Club # 1995
Walther Club # 1995

-My username has nothing to do with Students for Democratic Society-
sdsnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 15:34   #134
DESERTDUDE

Young lady, you are an example for all to follow...Excellent job...Because of how you handled yourself..Your here to tell the story. I personally would have taken the keys....and my G30 and gotten out putting the vehicle between myself and the *other*. I was in LE you dont want to get caught in the Coffn with wheels...VERY VERY PROUD OF YOU......)
DESERTDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 17:57   #135
MrsKitty

Thank you.

I really need to rewrite this. I read it again the other day and was mortified at my grammar

I am glad people are still learning from it! That is why I posted it
Old 06-05-2007, 11:50   #136
donquixote1955

Misskitty,
I hope you don't mind my saying this as I haven't read all the responses to your incident but...Gotta love a woman who carries a gun and knows how to use it! That individual should have gone to church or whatever rock he crawled out from under and thank the diety of his choice that he survived that encounter. One thing I might have done that I didn't notice if you did or not is if you used your mirrors to check the passenger side of his vehicle to see if he might have had a friend with him to flank you. Of course if that happened I'm thinking that was time to simply drive away. Otherwise, you done real good!
Old 06-05-2007, 16:53   #137
MrsKitty

Yeah, I am always scanning all my mirrors! I didn't mention it but it is a in-the-driver's-seat-habit for me.

I hope I never find myself in a similar position again. Knowing what kind of decision and action I was going to have to take in that spot is a very unnerving feeling. I am ready and willing to defend myself but at the same time I do not want to be backed into that corner...

As for loving women with guns, there are a few of us around here
Old 09-04-2007, 11:22   #138
Ballyhoo

Awesome!! I can only hope that I would be that quick-thinking. I was just thinking how thankful I am that my firearms instructor taught me how to shoot out of my car (and through glass in necessary).
Old 09-27-2007, 16:08   #139
adamg01

Quote:
Originally posted by Cat91
Well done.

That has all the signs not of an attempted carjack, but an attempted kidnap. I think YOU were the target, not your car. His conversation on the telephone confirms it for me. If you'd got out, he'd probably have tried to get you into HIS car. If he'd wanted the car he'd have rushed you with his gun out from jump.

A woman alone is often a target for this kind of thing. It is one of the reasons I carry. I have about a quarter mile walk from the courthouse to my car every day, alone. Anyone who wanted to try something would have ample time and opportunity to do so. A disarmed woman is a nother term for "victim" in our criminal society. I'd bet that he knew you were armed after what you said to him about backing off the car before you had to protect yourself-that and the police inbound to your location's why he ran.
Miao, Cat
When I read the story I was thinking the same thing. I don't think they were after her car either. They were trying to get you close to their car. I think she saved her life and not her car.
adamg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 23:09   #140
AshWilliams

AshWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:13   #141
annielulu
StraightShooter

Miss Kitty:

You are the cats meow!!!!
annielulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 00:03   #142
D-GLOCK17
GLOCKER

Yes you kept your wits. I don't know if I could have remained that cool and calm. It could have been a carjacking but I suspect a robbery and or worse...You are a female alone and they saw it as an opportunity. Glad you are safe. Kind of sounds like the scene off of Stallone's COBRA movie.
D-GLOCK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:43   #143
Paul7
New Guy

Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:44   #144
mithuth

OMG, that was you? See, I was driving along in the rain and i hit this car and the woman tried to murder me, so I ran.... no, I'm just kidding. (little humor to lighten the mood...)

Thank you for not being a victim!

I am going to show this story to my wife in the morning. I've been trying to explain to her the importance of carrying a firearm and knowing how to recognize when to use it. She's not exactly anti-gun, but she's not very willing to come learn either.

If this story helps get her to the range with me one day, I'll owe ya big time!
Old 02-22-2008, 11:56   #145
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithuth View Post
OMG, that was you? See, I was driving along in the rain and i hit this car and the woman tried to murder me, so I ran.... no, I'm just kidding. (little humor to lighten the mood...)

Thank you for not being a victim!

I am going to show this story to my wife in the morning. I've been trying to explain to her the importance of carrying a firearm and knowing how to recognize when to use it. She's not exactly anti-gun, but she's not very willing to come learn either.

If this story helps get her to the range with me one day, I'll owe ya big time!
Dude, you really gotta work on your pick ups!

If it works for her, just make sure she passes it on.
Old 03-15-2008, 21:41   #146
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Miss Kitty, I've never posted in this thread although I've read this story many times. Fist of all I'm glad you weren't hurt or worse. You handled the situation perfectly in my opinion. I could take a lesson...

I've also pointed other people that need more awareness to your thread and I think it's help in a couple of cases.

Thank you for posting this and stay safe!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 13:13   #147
Averon

This is the first time I've read your story.
I think you did a great job.

Last edited by Averon; 04-07-2008 at 02:11..
Averon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 19:47   #148
Swattie's Wife

Always listen to your gut! It will never steer you wrong. Good job in thinking fast!
Old 06-02-2008, 19:23   #149
petalpusher
PMOAA (EJJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskitty5077 View Post

He takes a few steps back and calls somebody. I crack the back window enough I can hear him agitatedly telling them "No,no, I can't do that." Then, "No, that won't work." And finally, "No, I don't think she will do that" followed by "I don't think I can" while he is dancing around. Well, while he is on the phone I call back to 911 and tell them that he keeps trying to get me out of the car. The female dispacther immediately tells me not to get out (like I would!!) no matter what and to run if I need to. She asks if I have a way to defend myself. I tell her that I do have a permit and I already have the gun out. She tells me to not to hesitate to protect myself.

I'm haappy the dispatcher told you don't hesitate to protect yourself! that's awesome!
I'll teach the kids kindness, he'll teach the kids trigger control.
When it hits the fan WE will be prepared.
petalpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 23:39   #150
G2145

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskitty5077 View Post

Am I jumping to conclusions? Do you all think that he was going to carjack me? Did I handle things right? What would you have done differently?...
Just three words: "You Done Good!" Great job of evaluating and handling a bad situation. Perps use the old "accident" trick quite often to get people to jump out of their car unprepared. You were obviously (from your detailed description of the event) in a bad situation.
It's similar to perps doing the home invasion thing: When you hear someone beating down your door/window, what do you do; (1) jump out of bed and go see what the ruckus is while yelling at the noisemaker, or, (2) Grab your Glock-21 (or whatever), cycle a round into the chamber (if one isn't already there), get your family barricaded, dial 9-1-1, and engage the perp with hot lead if necessary? Answer number two of course. You attended to your security first (Glock and door locks) and engaged the perp rather politely. I won't tell you what my wife would have told him, there are rules against words not acceptable in polite company. Good Job.
G2145 is offline   Reply With Quote