Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-25-2005, 23:31   #76
MrsKitty

;d

I don't want to loose this
Old 05-26-2005, 19:39   #77
JaketheSnakeOO7

I still just have to say this.

Good for you Miss Kitty god bless you and all others that will benefit from just reading this thread. Glad you're safe and still with us.
JaketheSnakeOO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 17:54   #78
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Great stories, Kitty and SouthernGal! Thanks so much for posting them.
AggiePhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:05   #79
MrsKitty

Bump again to keep from loosing this.......
Old 08-31-2005, 11:45   #80
sharpstick

Would you have killed him if he got closer to the car?WHat was your tu=rue feeling at the time?were you scared enuff to kill him?

You did very good,I read it to my GF so that she would raise here awarness as well.I think he wanted you not the car.

One last thought.where was your target?it was possible he had on body armor?

Good job,stay safe.
sharpstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:50   #81
joker1

Don't ever doubt your gut feelings. They're there to keep you alive.
Way to listen to yourself MissK!

Last edited by joker1; 08-31-2005 at 21:18..
joker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:57   #82
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally posted by sharpstick
Would you have killed him if he got closer to the car?WHat was your tu=rue feeling at the time?were you scared enuff to kill him?

You did very good,I read it to my GF so that she would raise here awarness as well.I think he wanted you not the car.

One last thought.where was your target?it was possible he had on body armor?

Good job,stay safe.
In NC, you have to shoot to stop the threat. I would have only been trying to stop him, if he got killed in the process.....

My feeling was that he was a major threat to me--but I don't think he wanted to kill me THEN. I don't know how far it would have gone and thank God I didn't find out. I have spoken with several friends about the incident, many have told me that he was not after my car---that he intended to abduct me. If he had tried, damn right I would have done my best to kill him.

Oddly, I wasn't scared at all. In the past, I suffered from panic attacks and sought counseling for them. Part of that included learning to relax from near hysteria to total calm in less than a second. That came in awful handy that day as I was pretty close to panic when he hit me---panic attacks occured after a wreck where I was rear-ended so you can imagine the reaction I had.

I doubt he had on any armor at all. He had on an orange t-shirt. I can still see him in my head crystal clear. He was a very thin fella... No bulk at all to him...

Target would have been what I got clearly in my sights first. However, close as he was, I could have reached out and touched him....
Old 09-01-2005, 10:21   #83
sharpstick

Thanks miss kitty,I just wonderd what processes were going in your head.I know its one hell of a situation to process.Good job and thanks
sharpstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 11:13   #84
MrsKitty

Any more questions, just ask and I will try to answer them
Old 09-01-2005, 13:09   #85
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally posted by misskitty5077
Oddly, I wasn't scared at all. In the past, I suffered from panic attacks and sought counseling for them. Part of that included learning to relax from near hysteria to total calm in less than a second. That came in awful handy that day as I was pretty close to panic when he hit me---panic attacks occured after a wreck where I was rear-ended so you can imagine the reaction I had.
Good for you! ^c
AggiePhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 14:19   #86
4TS&W
2A RKBA 4EVER

HEY! Alex Knight told me there were peep-holes installed in the Wimmin's forum changing rooms..... er... um.. and I was just here to uh.. un-install them! Yeah... thats it! *UN*-install them!

Would have been a good shoot coming, glad you were prepped for it MK. I hope my wife is as prepared should she encounter a similar sitch-a-mikayshun.....
Old 09-01-2005, 18:06   #87
obxprnstar
Goth Lover

Ok, but what about the Zombies?
-Isaiah 6.8
obxprnstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 20:16   #88
Montana Jack

misskitty5077,

Your original post was made a couple of years ago, but I have not read it until now and the lessons learned from it are still valid.

You handled the situation very well. I am glad that you refused to become a victim.

I printed your story for my 15-year-old daughter to read. I want her to learn from the actions you took, and for her to learn to trust her own instincts. Many others have no doubt benefited from your posting.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Gun safety is no accident.
Montana Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 22:58   #89
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally posted by obxprnstar
Ok, but what about the Zombies?
I ran over three....
Old 09-26-2005, 09:02   #90
obxprnstar
Goth Lover

Quote:
Originally posted by misskitty5077
I ran over three....
atta girl
-Isaiah 6.8
obxprnstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 21:59   #91
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally posted by obxprnstar
atta girl
;K
Old 10-19-2005, 11:06   #92
SouthernGal
What's Up Dox?

Bumpin for Gunwolf...
SouthernGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 17:00   #93
mitchshrader
Deceased

thank you.

for MissKitty. We owe you one.

the only time i ever had to deal with a serious wierdo up close and personal I got away intact by IMMEDIATE 'gut feeling' and refusal to ignore it. (25 years ago) ..

and scared me bad enough i second guessed myself for months.

you done good. REAL good.

parsing the what ifs includes the what if it was just an idiot who had no particular bad motives (don't sound plausible, i'm pointing at a hypothetical)

and what if it was a serial killer who happened to have an incompetent day.. (mighta been, dunno)..

or more'n likely it was just what you thought it was. and yeah, i'da preferred the net result of him dead, it's convenient, but that's not to say i woulda done it, or that i think you SHOULD have..

you used appropriate response, protected yourself, and survived intact. way i figure it, you get a score of 100% on the smart enough to keep breathing test.

Kudos!

ps. an advantage to crimes prevented is that the aspiring criminal is likely to share the experience with others similarly inclined. people talk, even if the crime succeeds.. no reason to think they don't talk about the ones that failed. you may well have not only saved lives, but saved lives of people who would have otherwise chosen a criminal path ..

you'll never know.

Last edited by mitchshrader; 10-24-2005 at 17:11..
mitchshrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 11:53   #94
AnimalK
Kilted Muppet

'Nother Bump for MissKitty...
"No one wants the finger of an 300 lb Samoan in their a**, for medical reasons or not."--KilgoreTrout
AnimalK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 18:14   #95
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally posted by AnimalK
'Nother Bump for MissKitty...
Welcome to the wimmens' corner ;f
Old 11-21-2005, 11:57   #96
SouthernGal
What's Up Dox?

I'm bumping this and adding a copy of an email I got yesterday (not one of those "chain" emails, I traced this one back two levels to its original sender who works at a local church). Apparently in Memphis they're getting a little more creative at the stuff they try.

I should mention that this incident happened just across the parking lot from where guy #2 tried to get into the car with me.

Read on:

"I just wanted to let you all know of something that happened to me
Today in the Target parking lot. be aware of this and let everyone you
know aware so this does not happen to anyone else. I was at Target today to return something which only took a couple of minutes. when I pulled into the parking lot a man in a car pulled in a couple spaces down from me. He started to go into the store about the same time as I did, then turned back around and went back to his car. I went into Target returned my items and walked back out to get into my car. As I walked out he was walking away from my car carrying a small gas can. I noticed there was fluid on the side of my car and a puddle beside it. got into my car not sure of what happened, wrote down his license plate # and left. He followed me out of the parking lot and onto 40 I was only able to drive about a half a mile and my car started Acting funny. It died on me as I was driving and I was able to pull into an area business along the highway. He continued to drive by the business watching me. I called the police who came and took a report and said he had poured sugar water into my gas tank which is what made my car stall. It was a great way to get a woman by herself to be stranded on the streets. Luckily for me I was able to stop where there were People around. The police know where the car came from and are working on this now. Not sure what will happen but my car is now in the shop not running, but it could have been much worse for me. Just be aware that this is happening and always be aware of your surroundings. It certainly scared me and I am grateful that nothing else happened."
Old 11-21-2005, 23:59   #97
Bruce Foreman

Miss Kitty:

The next to the last class I taught was all women (I limit class size to 3) and I wish I had read your description of what you went through beforehand so I could have passed it on to those ladies.

I'd like to print out your experience and include it as a handout to each of my students if you don't mind, I think it is perfect to raise their awareness and for them to share with other family members.

I also plan on mailing a copy to each of the women I have a record of having trained.

If you would rather I not, let me know.

Bruce Foreman
Defensive Handgun Instructor
Old 11-22-2005, 00:09   #98
TechGal
PooDoos

Send a message via AIM to TechGal Send a message via Yahoo to TechGal
Quote:
Originally posted by SouthernGal
I'm bumping this and adding a copy of an email I got yesterday (not one of those "chain" emails, I traced this one back two levels to its original sender who works at a local church). Apparently in Memphis they're getting a little more creative at the stuff they try.

I should mention that this incident happened just across the parking lot from where guy #2 tried to get into the car with me.

Read on:

"I just wanted to let you all know of something that happened to me
Today in the Target parking lot. be aware of this and let everyone you
know aware so this does not happen to anyone else. I was at Target today to return something which only took a couple of minutes. when I pulled into the parking lot a man in a car pulled in a couple spaces down from me. He started to go into the store about the same time as I did, then turned back around and went back to his car. I went into Target returned my items and walked back out to get into my car. As I walked out he was walking away from my car carrying a small gas can. I noticed there was fluid on the side of my car and a puddle beside it. got into my car not sure of what happened, wrote down his license plate # and left. He followed me out of the parking lot and onto 40 I was only able to drive about a half a mile and my car started Acting funny. It died on me as I was driving and I was able to pull into an area business along the highway. He continued to drive by the business watching me. I called the police who came and took a report and said he had poured sugar water into my gas tank which is what made my car stall. It was a great way to get a woman by herself to be stranded on the streets. Luckily for me I was able to stop where there were People around. The police know where the car came from and are working on this now. Not sure what will happen but my car is now in the shop not running, but it could have been much worse for me. Just be aware that this is happening and always be aware of your surroundings. It certainly scared me and I am grateful that nothing else happened."
;P

I am so happy I have a locking gas cap already, or I would be getting one first thing in the morning.
OAF #1995
TechGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 13:01   #99
SouthernGal
What's Up Dox?

Quote:
Originally posted by TechGal
;P

I am so happy I have a locking gas cap already, or I would be getting one first thing in the morning.
Obviously some of the new cars don't have locking gas caps. The girl who forwarded the email to me says hers doesn't have one and that she'd be purchasing one after reading the email.

Today the stats came out on crime rates (metro areas) and Detroit was #1, New Orleans was #2 and Memphis was #3. I'm not surprised at all.
Old 11-22-2005, 13:48   #100
Blitzer
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to Blitzer Send a message via Yahoo to Blitzer
Good work my dear lady.

Great work! ^c

I am now 50.

At the time I was 25 and going home around 11:00PM. I am a guy, and was driving through a little town that rolls up the streets after 9:00PM. This was the pre-pocket Cell phone era.

A Ford mini-van runs up to my bumper at a traffic light, and just taps my car. Not enough to damage it. It is very dark and I can only see the windshield of the van not the driver, the headlights were glaring in my read window. I moved ten feet forward and stop, the other vech moves up to nearly touch my car! I keep getting this little voice repeating, "Stay in the car!" We sat there for what seamed like forever and I kept resisting the desire to run the light and play Lemans derby with the asshat. I kept my cool and drove off as soon as the light changed; the other driver made a quick left and sped off fast.

It can happen to anyone.

Keep that GLOCK close! ;P

Last edited by Blitzer; 11-22-2005 at 13:50..
Blitzer is offline   Reply With Quote