Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-25-2005, 04:35   #51
Mr Jody Hudson

Thank you Ladies!

These sort of discussions are excellent mental training exercises for all who read them. Over two thousand people have read this thread.

It is altogether possible that reading this has saved at least one person from rape, robery, kidknapping, car jacking or death!

Thanks again!

www.Kate-Jody.com is our main real estate site.

"Common sense goes a long way in real life. The internet world is another story..." mp906 and "Na, its that internet courage. Kind of like liquid courage" mp906 again.
Mr Jody Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 17:12   #52
BB62

Miss Kitty,

I have just been referred to this thread by a post on another thread.

I told my wife about your story, and repeatedly told her that I seriously doubted I would have been so cool as you, given the circumstances.

You have my earnest admiration.

BB62
BB62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 17:30   #53
sdfhpson

Quote:
Originally posted by misskitty5077
Took a report for my insurance, nothing really...

What could they do?

The officer was really nice, great actually but there was nothing he could do.
"Hey MK! - Did you get a license plate number? This would have really helped out and given the police something to go on."

Last edited by sdfhpson; 03-02-2005 at 19:12..
sdfhpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 18:01   #54
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally posted by sdfhpson
Well - YOU could have got his license plate number while you were "watching him run the red light" Or pulled ahead far enough while you were talking to the dispatcher and read them through your rearview mirror to her. This would have also put more distance between the two of you.
Explain to me how to pull up further when you are sitting pratically on top of the car who cut me off ;Q

If I could have gotten his license plate numbers I would have. There are no front license plates in this state and I did not see a plate on the back. The officer did not think there was one as he knew exactly who I was describing.

Thank you for being the first person in over 200 (in close to two years) that I talked about this with to accuse me of not doing everything I could.

Oh wait, I could have just stayed in bed that morning and it not have happened at all. Then I couldn't be accused of not having done more

It is people like you who stop people like me from wanting to share with others so they may learn :(
Old 02-28-2005, 19:42   #55
pete1953

Please keep posting Miss Kitty and don't let those who engage their mouth or fingers before nthey put their brains in gear bother you! You did great in a lousey situation and lived to warn others without getting hurt yourself. In keeping your cool you were not a victim!^c
Married 31 years, wonderful wife & two daughters = all shooters. Believe in family, honor, love & respect. PaGlockers117;BigDawg1381;565=1911;Blade;Rim;Moto;Wheel;S&W;36;Survival;TriState;GOTOD; NRA,GOA,SAS,VCDL,ANJRPC,FallsTwpRifle&Pistol
pete1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 20:04   #56
TravisABQ

Hi Misskitty

I see that your original post was quite a while back.

Scary situation.

Besides demanding that he back up,
he kept his HAND in his pocket....
plenty suspicious.

You said he was talking on the phone with someone,
is it possible the person in front of you was in
cahoots with him?

--Travis--
TravisABQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 20:24   #57
Chopper Dad

Miss Kitty, just ignore the fool...

Thank you, Miss Kitty, for a very worthwhile thread!

I very much appreciate your post, and have printed a couple of copies for my wife and daughter, both of whom are a few weeks out from their CHP courses. Your story is an eye-opener, and I appreciate you taking the time... and caring enough... to let the rest of us share it. As one of your previous respondents noted, you may very well have saved someone elses life by having posted your story. THANK YOU !

And please don't pay any attention to the fools out there. As PT Barnum noted, there's one born every minute. And unfortunately, they don't all congregate around the circus tent; a few of them troll GT. Fortunately, the vast majority of GTers very much appreciate you taking the time to tell your story. YOU ARE A#1 IN MY BOOK!
Chopper Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 20:34   #58
Mmalesic

Send a message via AIM to Mmalesic
Quote:
Well - YOU could have got his license plate number while you were "watching him run the red light" Or pulled ahead far enough while you were talking to the dispatcher and read them through your rearview mirror to her. This would have also put more distance between the two of you.
You know, I think we should all realize that's it so much easier to critique someone on what they could or should have done after reviewing the entire situation. Try putting your situation with an adrenaline rush + everything other possibly traumatic circumstance and you see if you can cross every t or dot every i. I doubt most of us would. I think the *most important thing was that she was able and ready to protect herself.

Getting the license plate would have been great yes. I think misskitty5077 did a fantastic job on a spur of the moment.

Good for you
-Matt
Mmalesic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 21:14   #59
sdfhpson

I guess the 911 service here's a little different. They stay on the phone with you. They don't just say, "don't be afraid to defend yourself, bye." They'll ask for a discription of the guy (so you don't have to think about it yourself), they'll ask for a discription of the vehicle, including plate (so you don't have to think about it yourself), and they'll get someone to your location (so you don't have to shoot them yourself). Maybe it's just a little different here. Maybe it's better to live in a less crowded part of the nation...
Old 03-01-2005, 14:53   #60
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally posted by TravisABQ
Hi Misskitty

I see that your original post was quite a while back.

Scary situation.

Besides demanding that he back up,
he kept his HAND in his pocket....
plenty suspicious.

You said he was talking on the phone with someone,
is it possible the person in front of you was in
cahoots with him?

--Travis--
Hi Travis,

Yeah, I think the other car was in cahoots with him. I will never know, but I think he was...

Ya'll, I am by no means getting discouraged from some "flaming" although it was totally uncalled for. I put this here so that it may help someone and I hope it does. Thanks
Old 03-02-2005, 09:08   #61
MGomez81

Quote:
I guess the 911 service here's a little different. They stay on the phone with you. They don't just say, "don't be afraid to defend yourself, bye." They'll ask for a discription of the guy (so you don't have to think about it yourself), they'll ask for a discription of the vehicle, including plate (so you don't have to think about it yourself), and they'll get someone to your location (so you don't have to shoot them yourself). Maybe it's just a little different here. Maybe it's better to live in a less crowded part of the nation...
Wow, you really ARE an idiot. I guess the educational system is a little different there, too.

And it's spelled description. And we can "think about it" ourselves.
MGomez81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 11:17   #62
sdfhpson

Quote:
Originally posted by MGomez81
Wow, you really ARE an idiot. I guess the educational system is a little different there, too.

And it's spelled description. And we can "think about it" ourselves.
Women's Issues
Women's Issues

I think it's really funny that you use my spelling in an attempt to attack me. Who's the idiot?

Women are fighting to be equal. I will give the same criticism regardless of the sex. Just because I'm the only one that didn't go, "wow! great job" because she's a female, you take offense?

All I was doing was comenting on her comment (or criticising), and if she wants to contest what I say, fine. But it's really stupid; you sitting here fighting for her.

"Think about that."
Old 03-02-2005, 11:40   #63
MGomez81

Not just your spelling, your whole train of thought. Idiot. No one is saying "Great Job" because she's a female. We would have said "Great Job" to anyone in that circumstance. Get out of the Women's Issues and back to your GNG. Troll.
MGomez81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 12:04   #64
sdfhpson

Quote:
Originally posted by MGomez81
Not just your spelling, your whole train of thought. Idiot. No one is saying "Great Job" because she's a female. We would have said "Great Job" to anyone in that circumstance. Get out of the Women's Issues and back to your GNG. Troll.
It seems as if your vocabulary's quite limited. You sure like to use the word 'idiot.' And then when someone doesn't agree with you after you attack them, you call them a "troll."

You're right (in only one respect), its seems as if I don't belong in the Women's Issues, especially if you're in here. Sure a different crowd over here.
Old 03-02-2005, 13:27   #65
LadyWayan

It seems like someone who is overly sensitive about grammar police came here looking for a fight. fortunately, misskitty was able to think clearly enough to protect herself well. If she didn't have the presence of mind to look at the license plate, I think she can be readily forgiven!! Anyone who doesn't think so, well... ;5
Old 03-02-2005, 13:51   #66
HiddenEyes
It can be done

Quote:
It seems as if your vocabulary's quite limited. You sure like to use the word 'idiot.' And then when someone doesn't agree with you after you attack them, you call them a "troll."

You're right (in only one respect), its seems as if I don't belong in the Women's Issues, especially if you're in here. Sure a different crowd over here.

Sir, you got a reaction because of what you said.

Truth is no one ever does a perfect job of anything. But in this case MK came very close. You stepped in and started nitpicking details of the story without any first hand knowledge which is foolish in the extreme.

Your critical comments were not only unwarranted they were also devoid of common sense or practical experience. Your attempt to elevate the status of the dispatchers in your area is perhaps your most pathetic mistake. If MK was dealing with sub par dispatchers then it makes her actions even more commendable. Further, dispatchers are human and they will make mistakes, I have listened to hours upon hours of 911 tapes and no call taker ever follows procedure one hundred percent.

I don't really expect that you will respond positively to my critique of you. Some people can dish it out but then can't take it when their serving comes to them. To be quite honest MGomez picking on your grammar was no different then you picking on MK, I hope you notice how you reacted and learn from it. MK dealt with a very tense situation under the pressure of life and death decisions and you are critical. You make a post in the comfort of your chair under no pressure and mess up on some grammar and spelling and you feel justified in being indignant?

I hope you see the irony of what you are doing.

HiddenEyes

Moi Нет sprechen español
HiddenEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 14:56   #67
RussP

Quote:
...You're right (in only one respect), its seems as if I don't belong in the Women's Issues, especially if you're in here. Sure a different crowd over here.
First, MissKitty, you did good and I know you learned from it. I was around back then, guess I just missed this thread.

I am sending it to "my girls" so they will have the advantage of your experience.

Now, sdfhpson, I look around at those in this thread and don't see many "different" people in the crowd. Just a bunch of caring, supportive, positive folk who really are concerned about MissKitty.

If that is "different" in your mind, wow, you need to get over it.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 16:07   #68
sdfhpson

Quote:
Originally posted by HiddenEyes
Sir, you got a reaction because of what you said.

Truth is no one ever does a perfect job of anything. But in this case MK came very close. You stepped in and started nitpicking details of the story without any first hand knowledge which is foolish in the extreme.

Your critical comments were not only unwarranted they were also devoid of common sense or practical experience. Your attempt to elevate the status of the dispatchers in your area is perhaps your most pathetic mistake. If MK was dealing with sub par dispatchers then it makes her actions even more commendable. Further, dispatchers are human and they will make mistakes, I have listened to hours upon hours of 911 tapes and no call taker ever follows procedure one hundred percent.

I don't really expect that you will respond positively to my critique of you. Some people can dish it out but then can't take it when their serving comes to them. To be quite honest MGomez picking on your grammar was no different then you picking on MK, I hope you notice how you reacted and learn from it. MK dealt with a very tense situation under the pressure of life and death decisions and you are critical. You make a post in the comfort of your chair under no pressure and mess up on some grammar and spelling and you feel justified in being indignant?

I hope you see the irony of what you are doing.
I have been trying to agree with some of what you said - but you got me all wrong. I wasn't picking on MK, and nothing I orriginally said should have lead to this. And it wasn't what I said, it was the way I said it, I admit.

But, I think you missed out. So, I'll go back and show you the play by play. First off, MK stated "What could they do?" when talking about the officers who responded to her call. I responded to that. Then she did. (I didn't realize they don't have front plates where she's from.) Fine. (I thought things where done here.)

Then, Mmalesic takes the defensive. - I stated how our dispatch service is here. (Could have been done here, too.)

Then Mmalesic takes the offensive and calls me names. ??? I respond his his comment, and he goes on to call me more names. WTF?!

Oh, then you get on here and explain to me what I did to get the reaction here... ? - The only person that reacted to me and I "reacted to" here is Mmalesic, and now you. I "can take" anybody's comments, as long as they don't start calling me names. - And how do you know that I wasn't in a hurry ("under pressure") when I made a speling mistake? -- And I happen to personally know the dispatch service here; I wasn't elevating them, I was putting hers down (so, yes, it wasn't her fault!). But, as with tunnel vision, you seem to only see things one way. (But that's OK - it's only a "pathetic mistake.")

I tried walking away many times, then someone had to drag me back here and start throwing punches.

Are we done now?

Quote:
Originally posted by RussP
If that is "different" in your mind, wow, you need to get over it.
I already am. But thanks for your post, though...

Last edited by sdfhpson; 03-02-2005 at 16:10..
Old 03-02-2005, 18:25   #69
proguncali
CLM Number 123
1911-2004

Wow....this was a good thread...

I am constantly amazed at the fact the people on this interweb thingy are always right and they always have more experience or have always been through worse.

The level of communication on this site is starting to drop far below the levels of retardation.

Here I stand, mouth agape...;Q ;g
Brace yourself for the tsunami of stupid that is about to hit...
I think, perhaps, it is time for a moment of silent meditation to Saint Fu.
proguncali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 18:44   #70
G30Jack
.88 Magnum

Send a message via AIM to G30Jack
Quote:
Originally posted by proguncali

Here I stand, mouth agape...;Q ;g
I know the feeling...

As a general rule, don't try to solve puzzles that open portals to Hell.
G30Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 03:32   #71
MrsKitty

Quote:
I have been trying to agree with some of what you said - but you got me all wrong. I wasn't picking on MK, and nothing I orriginally said should have lead to this. And it wasn't what I said, it was the way I said it, I admit.

I tried walking away many times, then someone had to drag me back here and start throwing punches.

Are we done now?

First of all, you attacked with your fist post. Now you have went back and edited it but your intent is still clear with the rest of your posts in this thread.

Secondly, nobody is draggin you back here. You did not have to reply to anybody's comments. Yet you chose to do so. You are the one that is looking for a fight. Clearly you do not understand that you are the one who is in the wrong here so you are trying to justify your posts by saying he picked on me, he called me out. Grow up.

Third, you have gotten most posts in this thread out of everybody who has posted in it with the except of myself--who was responding to questions. How can you say that you were not attacking when each of your posts is? The evidence speaks for itself.

Fourth, your attitude is condenscending. You do not know these guys here who are talking to you. You are not taking back to them, you are are are the one who is trying to throw punches.

And before you ask, no I did not ask a single one of them to rush to my defense. If you will notice, they came in a couple days after my previous post to you. Several of them do know me and have known me for a long time. With each of them, it is a relationship built on respect. Respect that was not the product of posts such as the ones you have made here, in this thread.

Throughout the history of GT, some of us have shared stories from our lives in the hopes that another person could learn from our experiences, our mistakes and out triumps. In almost each and every one of those threads, some guy comes along and tries to attack at least one of the posters and then attempts to justify what he has done.

And finally, HE, Jack, MGomez, Okie, Rees and Russ, welcome to the wimmen's forum. And thank you my friends
Old 03-03-2005, 03:55   #72
reinbeau

The juvenile attacks are why I've stopped reading GNG. I was hoping this forum would be better, and for the most part it is, but every once in awhile one of the children crawl in here and lower the bar.....;g

I'm sad to see Miss Kitty's thread disintegrate like this.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty or Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
Glock Model 23, Walther PPKS .380
reinbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 04:13   #73
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally posted by reinbeau
The juvenile attacks are why I've stopped reading GNG. I was hoping this forum would be better, and for the most part it is, but every once in awhile one of the children crawl in here and lower the bar.....;g

Not as sad as I am... :(
Old 03-03-2005, 04:25   #74
Eagles1181
Flying High

Women's Issues
Isa 40:31 "Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary."

OAF# 1181
Eagles1181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:00   #75
HiddenEyes
It can be done

Quote:
Originally posted by reinbeau

Don't feel that way just yet, for the most part you all get along well down here. ;f

HiddenEyes

Moi Нет sprechen español
HiddenEyes is offline   Reply With Quote