GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2014, 14:30   #1
4Rules
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,663
California homeowner foils home invasion attempt by firing shotgun, police

"I've got a gun and I know how to use it," she said. “You have to at some point in time, take responsibility yourself for your own safety and that’s all I was doing,” she said.http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/02/08/california-homeowner-foils-home-invasion-attempt-by-firing-shotgun-police-say/
4Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 14:33   #2
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA
 
janice6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 17,281


She stood up for herself. Kudos!




Curious that she got away with shooting outside of her home, into the ground, at persons not directly threatening her. BUT, she did appear to be successful.
__________________
janice6

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 14:37   #3
Johnny Ringo
Senior Member
 
Johnny Ringo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 561
Awesome!
Johnny Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 19:14   #4
Hoochrunners
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 276
Ok, let's start the discussion. Two guys in your house. You obviously have a limited load of shells in the shotgun. You decide to put one in the floor. Wise, unwise? I say very unwise.

Now in her situation both were outside and she decides to put one in the ground. Wise, unwise? With the limited info in the story I don't see a reason to pull the trigger. Call 911 and take a defensive position. Chances are the police could have caught them in the act, but she scares them away to steal again another day.
__________________
The 21 Club #417
Big Dawg Club #4170
Rimfire Club #417
Sub Club #417

Last edited by Hoochrunners; 02-10-2014 at 19:17..
Hoochrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 19:19   #5
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA
 
janice6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 17,281


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoochrunners View Post
Ok, let's start the discussion. Two guys in your house. You obviously have a limited load of shells in the shotgun. You decide to put one in the floor. Wise, unwise? I say very unwise.

Now in her situation both were outside and she decides to put one in the ground. Wise, unwise? With the limited info in the story I don't see a reason to pull the trigger. Call 911 and take a defensive position. Chances are the police could have caught them in the act, but she scares them away to steal again another day.






My point exactly.
__________________
janice6

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 20:06   #6
oldman11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoochrunners View Post
Ok, let's start the discussion. Two guys in your house. You obviously have a limited load of shells in the shotgun. You decide to put one in the floor. Wise, unwise? I say very unwise.

Now in her situation both were outside and she decides to put one in the ground. Wise, unwise? With the limited info in the story I don't see a reason to pull the trigger. Call 911 and take a defensive position. Chances are the police could have caught them in the act, but she scares them away to steal again another day.
You obviously didn't read the story. She didn't fire into the floor, she fired into the ground. You sound like a California liberal when you say she should take a defensive position and wait for police. I say she did the right thing and is still alive and well to tell the story.
__________________
Travel light and come well balanced.
oldman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 22:06   #7
Hoochrunners
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman11 View Post
You obviously didn't read the story. She didn't fire into the floor, she fired into the ground. You sound like a California liberal when you say she should take a defensive position and wait for police. I say she did the right thing and is still alive and well to tell the story.
You sir obviously didn't read my entire post.

If you think going outside at 3am to confront the 2 guys that she saw is the right thing that's your opinion. How many didn't she see? 0? 1? 5? 10?
__________________
The 21 Club #417
Big Dawg Club #4170
Rimfire Club #417
Sub Club #417
Hoochrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 13:38   #8
tenforme
Senior Member
 
tenforme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman11 View Post
You obviously didn't read the story. She didn't fire into the floor, she fired into the ground. You sound like a California liberal when you say she should take a defensive position and wait for police. I say she did the right thing and is still alive and well to tell the story.
You obviously didn't read the entire story either.

The bad guys were outside, she was inside behind a locked door.

There was a good chance of the cops arresting them if she had dialled 911 and waited inside with her shotgun at the ready.

If the bad guys did break her door down and force entry into her house she could have shot them and the world would be rid of 2 scumbags.

Instead she panicked, shot at the ground and scared them off - free to rob another day

WTF has being a California Liberal have to do with this?
tenforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 17:17   #9
Hoochrunners
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 276
Behind a locked door?

"Wearing her nightgown, she went outside and fired once toward the ground."

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/2465259...with-a-shotgun

@ 1:46 into the video she says she's down on the sidewalk.
__________________
The 21 Club #417
Big Dawg Club #4170
Rimfire Club #417
Sub Club #417

Last edited by Hoochrunners; 02-11-2014 at 17:21..
Hoochrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 17:22   #10
Hoochrunners
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 276
And for the record I am far from a California liberal. Please apologize.
__________________
The 21 Club #417
Big Dawg Club #4170
Rimfire Club #417
Sub Club #417
Hoochrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 17:48   #11
COYBOY
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenforme View Post
You obviously didn't read the entire story either.

The bad guys were outside, she was inside behind a locked door.

There was a good chance of the cops arresting them if she had dialled 911 and waited inside with her shotgun at the ready.

If the bad guys did break her door down and force entry into her house she could have shot them and the world would be rid of 2 scumbags.

Instead she panicked, shot at the ground and scared them off - free to rob another day

WTF has being a California Liberal have to do with this?
No where in the article does it say she panicked.
COYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 18:04   #12
mj9mm
Senior Member
 
mj9mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WI, looking better since Walker
Posts: 2,561
well,,, now they know she is a nutcase with a shotgun who is not shy about pulling the trigger. she might be joe bidens motherWomen's Issues
__________________
The power of the people lays in the first, the ability stems from the second.
that angry voice rising up from the back of the room that haunts the Republican Party.
mj9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:07.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,061
312 Members
749 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42