Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-10-2014, 20:18   #21
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
Many people who own rural land and don't live on it put up with this. The locals flat out don't care that its your land. They have no intention of stopping.

Put up cameras and a fence. Make sure the cameras are hidden and upload video remotely. Also, make friends with the local police. They'll give you a hand.

And yes, apply for the signs.
Aren't you one of those:

-Never talk to the police
-the police are not your friends

guy?

Sent from my ORI using Copatalk

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 20:27   #22
John Rambo
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Aren't you one of those:

-Never talk to the police
-the police are not your friends

guy?

Sent from my ORI using Copatalk
Sort of.

Never talk to the police unless you have a reason for them.
The police ARE NOT your friends. Neither is anybody else who you don't know. Off duty, do you walk up to random people and start random conversations with them?

He is a property owner. The local police have a responsibility to stop crime in a geographic area which includes his property. Hence, he has a reason to talk to the police.

As to the making them his friends thing, its good to have friends. Its even better to have friends with whom you have a mutually beneficial relationship

Last edited by John Rambo; 08-10-2014 at 20:27..
John Rambo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 14:53   #23
manonmars
Spaced Out

I HAD this problem.

Bought some cameras, one real, which I hid, one fake that they could see.
Put up some signs announcing cameras were in use 24/7, you will be arrested, bla, bla, bla.

I did NOT use trail cams, as they flash at night, and give themselves away (bullets).

Problem went away

Last edited by manonmars; 08-11-2014 at 14:54..
manonmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 18:05   #24
RussP

Hidden cameras placed to get images of vehicle, license plate and vehicle occupants. Place surveillance and no trespassing

Don't do anything that results in damage to the culprits' vehicles. Sounds like fun, but there might be repercussions.

Will it be convenient for your cousin to maintain the cameras, download images? Is he in the same county, does he know the local Sheriff?

It would be a good idea to talk with the Sheriff or the Senior Deputy that handles these matters. As suggested earlier by Bruce M, find out how serious the charges just might be.

Good luck!!

Oh, let the cops search through the garbage for clues...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 18:38   #25
manonmars
Spaced Out

These few ideas about searching thru garbage are not accurate.....I believe, in most, if not all states.

The person found in the garbage may have paid "some garbage hauling guy with a pickup and an ad on CL" to take the garbage to the dump, and he dumped it there.

Didn't prove the person who's garbage was found did in fact dump it there.

NO PROOF

Proof needs to be recorded and/or seen by "credible" witness(S)

Cameras, cameras, cameras, and hopefully one with night vision.

Coincidentally, I'm leaving right now to check on garbage removal job that was on BLM land.
Old 08-11-2014, 21:25   #26
RS7

Lots of roofing nails.
RS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 22:05   #27
Jack Ryan
One more day

Contact the local game warden. Tell him you will prosecute ALL VIOLATORS he catches no matter who they are and then do it.

You can get a game camera now that doesn't make any light or noise and it will immediately transmit the picture to your cell phone so you have the pic even if they steal the camera and you know when they are tresspassing. Soon as you get the pic, call the GW you've already established a relationship with.

A couple tickets any you'll get a handle on the problem. It's the same people over and over, criminals all know each other and the cops know most of them. 10% of the people cause 90% of the problems.
Jack Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 22:10   #28
*ASH*
MEMBER OF 601

ive had same problems , i wont mention what finally stopped it, but it worked lol

how bout take a weekend off , head to land throw 2 pounds of pot in a circle and beer in a cooler. catch em in the act .
Old 08-11-2014, 22:44   #29
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/685..._-pf_ci_google
When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:57   #30
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by manonmars View Post
These few ideas about searching thru garbage are not accurate.....I believe, in most, if not all states.

The person found in the garbage may have paid "some garbage hauling guy with a pickup and an ad on CL" to take the garbage to the dump, and he dumped it there.

Didn't prove the person who's garbage was found did in fact dump it there.

NO PROOF
But, it is a start. "What guy with the "ad on CL" hauled the trash away? Why was your your address the only one in the trash?" Sounds intriguing already!
Quote:
Proof needs to be recorded and/or seen by "credible" witness(S)

Cameras, cameras, cameras, and hopefully one with night vision.
Yep...
Quote:
Coincidentally, I'm leaving right now to check on garbage removal job that was on BLM land.
Are you removing the garbage, investigating who dumped it?

Old 08-12-2014, 04:04   #31
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
ive had same problems , i wont mention what finally stopped it, but it worked lol

how bout take a weekend off , head to land throw 2 pounds of pot in a circle and beer in a cooler. catch em in the act .
*ASH*, are you advocating, suggesting Rocknropes engage in illegal activity???

Old 08-12-2014, 04:51   #32
Santa CruZin
RIP Mr. Mayor

C'mon man, the description says both "tactical" and "ninja". You know this is all you need.

Last edited by Santa CruZin; 08-12-2014 at 04:52..
Santa CruZin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:27   #33
manonmars
Spaced Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
But, it is a start. "What guy with the "ad on CL" hauled the trash away? Why was your your address the only one in the trash?" Sounds intriguing already!Yep...Are you removing the garbage, investigating who dumped it?
COP; What guy with the ad.......?

"I don't know. I just responded to this ad I saw on CL, and the guy came out, loaded all my garbage,I paid him, and he took off for the dump. I guess he didn't go to the dump, but he said that is where he was going."

COP; OK, did you get a license #?

"No".

COP; OK, thanks. We can't prove you did not hire someone, and we can't prove you did it yourself, so have a nice day.

As I was driving out to check on the dump site yesterday, I realized that I had put BLM as the dump site, but it was actually privately owned land. I went out to check on the job someone else had been paid to do.

They cleaned up 90%.
Why not 100%?

Because they knew 90% was good enough to get paid.....
Old 08-12-2014, 10:30   #34
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa CruZin View Post
C'mon man, the description says both "tactical" and "ninja". You know this is all you need.

Amazon.com: ASR Tactical Ninja Road Stars | Tire Puncturing Security Devices (4 Pack): Industrial & Scientific
Yeah, the description says every GD thing but the word "caltrop". Why do I suspect the person writing it was not an historian?
Old 08-12-2014, 12:12   #35
qfkeon

I got a call one day at work from a neighbor telling me someone dumped on my property. I drove there and found a receipt in the road from a scrap yard. I called the state police. They arrived that evening, took a few photos and took the receipt. The next day two guys had confessed and I said I wouldn't press charges if they cleaned up their mess. Happy ending.
qfkeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 14:21   #36
*ASH*
MEMBER OF 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
*ASH*, are you advocating, suggesting Rocknropes engage in illegal activity???

who me ?
Old 08-14-2014, 14:46   #37
Rocknropes

alright, next chance I get I'm heading out there to do some investigating.
Rocknropes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 16:43   #38
Swampfox762

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer11 View Post
Dig thur the trash they leave and sooner or later you will find a address linking you to the dumpsters. Have a lawyer send them a nasty letter threatening prosecution if they continue and do not return and remove the trash.
I had that problem with a couple acres I had in St. Lucie county years back.
Did what you said, and yes, I found an address. Guess what? The Buttholes were stealing garbage from the other side of town and throwing it with the trash. All I could do was apologize when the relatives of the grandmother that was arrested, came to my door and showed me the receipt for city garbage Pickup.

It stopped a year later when a guy build a house next to my property. But....Then....I haden't been to the property in a year and when I came back this guy had encroached about 30' into my property. Mowing it and everything. I made him buy it for 4k and pay to re-dead my property.

I Finally just sold it. To damn much trouble.....
Old 08-14-2014, 17:55   #39
Rocknropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampfox762 View Post
I had that problem with a couple acres I had in St. Lucie county years back.
Did what you said, and yes, I found an address. Guess what? The Buttholes were stealing garbage from the other side of town and throwing it with the trash. All I could do was apologize when the relatives of the grandmother that was arrested, came to my door and showed me the receipt for city garbage Pickup.

It stopped a year later when a guy build a house next to my property. But....Then....I haden't been to the property in a year and when I came back this guy had encroached about 30' into my property. Mowing it and everything. I made him buy it for 4k and pay to re-dead my property.

I Finally just sold it. To damn much trouble.....
Yeah, the thought of selling it has passed through my mind. But the land has been in my family since '84 and part of me wants to build a home there someday. The guy next door has been trying to buy it from me for the last 15 years. He makes offers every time He sees me... It's still a consideration.
Rocknropes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 18:24   #40
Wil Ufgood
CLM Number 263
GTDS #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocknropes View Post
Yeah, the thought of selling it has passed through my mind. But the land has been in my family since '84 and part of me wants to build a home there someday. The guy next door has been trying to buy it from me for the last 15 years. He makes offers every time He sees me... It's still a consideration.
Maybe he's trying to encourage you with his garbage.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Tags
dumping, trespass