GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-11-2014, 21:28   #21
Don At PC

I had to choose this year between Atlanta, IN, Marietta, OH and Beckley, WV. I have family in Columbus, OH area. I chose Marietta. May have to check Beckley or Atlanta next year if I am still around. Just hold off the rain at Beckley if that is my choice, Please.

Don
NRA Benefactor Life Member
Retired A.F. Chief 1961-1991
Don At PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:44   #22
DannyR

I'm with Dr Rod for a second match at Beckley.
Bull Dawg #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:34   #23
Mrs Glockrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyR View Post
I'm with Dr Rod for a second match at Beckley.
I'd be there for a reshoot! But I know putting on a match is A LOT of hard work. You cannot put on a good match without good RO's. My hat is off to those that gave up their time and stomped through the mud to make it a good match.

We had a good time shooting and visiting with friends. Looking forward to next year!
Old 08-12-2014, 19:20   #24
JKW202

Was there Saturday morning and shot in the rain. Good people, even better mud! Didn't have waterproof shoes. Rookie mistake that will not happen again! Although I've been shooting a Glock since 1990 when I joined the NY State Police, I've missed out on the GSSF fun. Why did no one enlighten me about this sooner? Joined GSSF this past May when I went to a match in Dayton, OH. Shot poorly as a newbie getting my feet wet. Went to Jackson NJ match and won Guardian Division. 3rd match in Fulton NY, I somehow managed to be high amateur in Competition Division. Next stop was Beckley, WV and I shot my personal best and it looks like I'm tops in the Guardian again. Can it be this easy or am I this lucky? Anyway, every match was fun. The staff running the events are great. I run the firearms program for my military unit, so my expectations on how a range is run is probably higher than most. Considering that most of the volunteers are not trained professional range officials, they do a pretty darn good job. Kudos to everyone at all four venues I shot at for keeping it fun and safe.
Now that I've had a lot of early success, it looks like I have to compete with the Masters in the deep end of the pool! So I'll be studying all the "Master" shooters trying to pick up on how you attack the stages. Enjoyed watching Tony Boone rip thru the plates in Beckley. His daughter (16 or 17 years old?) is impressive, too.
JKW202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 20:00   #25
Glockrunner
HOOYA DEEPSEA

Send a message via Yahoo to Glockrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rod View Post
I didn't shoot very good so I think we need to have a second Beckley match every year. Who is with me?
I think the best compliment ya can give a match is, "I'll be back next year!"

And I will. Two in a row, I don't know but I could certainly try.....
Old 08-13-2014, 05:45   #26
ADK_40GLKr

Welcome to GT, fellow Jim from NY.

I guess that's where the similarities end as I'm usually somewhere in the middle of that bell curve you're out ther setting.

See you at Topton, this weekend?
Old 08-13-2014, 06:12   #27
DannyR

Jim,

Welcome to our GSSF Forum. We are family here. There is a fine GSSF match in Topton, PA this weekend. It's in the mountains near Allentown, so rain water runs downhill.
Bull Dawg #1

DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote