SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-06-2014, 18:08   #41
MaxxAction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Unrealious View Post
I applaud your view, thats the division I speak of. We bicker among ourselves, and do not accomplish anything relevant. Dana claims to be conservative, yet all hope is lost in his eyes. He feels money given will offset actual effort. So here we are, divided because he doesn't think it can happen. He does not believe WE the people can influence outcome. Tell me, in what would would 100 million faxes and another 100 million phone calls to conservatives in Congress NOT work? But it is the apathy of the sentiment it wont matter that prevents it from happening. Shame on those who claim to be conservative Americans to give such a weak showing.

Imagine if overnight a hundred million taxpayers filed exempt and stopped paying taxes and told the government to go **** themselves until such a time as the citizenry were given access to congress for the redress of grievances.

Last edited by MaxxAction; 08-06-2014 at 18:09..
MaxxAction is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 18:10   #42
ColdSteelNail

The writing a letter to congressmen got my attention. In my 65 years I have written several hundred letters to various elected officials. Except for personal notes from a few local politicians I have never received anything but form letters (pre internet) or a standard email reply followed by a request for a contribution. Our representatives only listen to those who can and are willing to pay big money. Eff every damn one of them.
Old 08-06-2014, 18:14   #43
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

The system is completely corrupted at the most fundamental level. "Law" isn't that impressive anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 18:15   #44
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxAction View Post
Imagine if overnight a hundred million taxpayers filed exempt and stopped paying taxes and told the government to go **** themselves until such a time as the citizenry were given access to congress for the redress of grievances.

That has long been a fantasy of mine

Rush Limbaugh
Old 08-06-2014, 18:18   #45
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
I applaud your view, thats the division I speak of. We bicker among ourselves, and do not accomplish anything relevant. Dana claims to be conservative, yet all hope is lost in his eyes. He feels money given will offset actual effort. So here we are, divided because he doesn't think it can happen. He does not believe WE the people can influence outcome. Tell me, in what would would 100 million faxes and another 100 million phone calls to conservatives in Congress NOT work? But it is the apathy of the sentiment it wont matter that prevents it from happening. Shame on those who claim to be conservative Americans to give such a weak showing.

If the Obamacare fiasco, including the blackmail of Roberts, didn't convince you that we are being ruled, nothing will

Rush Limbaugh
Old 08-06-2014, 18:25   #46
HalfHazzard
Señor Member

Can't we agree that chained CPI is a great way to guarantee solvency in the SS program? I mean we're not talking about getting rid of it, just changing the basis for growth of inflation.

Last edited by HalfHazzard; 08-06-2014 at 18:26..
HalfHazzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 18:47   #47
railfancwb

Quote:
I have watched GT and other forums for some time and have noticed a very disturbing trend. People have become intolerant of opposing views.

More importantly, I see the nation starting to turn from a Nation of Laws to a Nation of Men. The rules and legalities seem to matter less and less as people want to migrate to a system of popular opinion.

Some examples of these are:

Zimmerman Trial
Venture Litigation
Immigration Enforcement
Gaza

It seems society as a whole is too lazy to implement changes in law, they just want to whine and argue about how the court of public opinion should work. The folks involved with this will not engage enough to affect direct change, they simply argue endlessly or worse, ignore law. Often this is done while overlooking a legal basis or an incorrect set of assumptions as they cast one party in the shadows of another.

All the while the fact is that laws stand, but some people are foolish enough to see them as non-binding.

To what extent will this go? At what point will society simply fail to respect others rights and "do what thou wilt"? This is just another step towards mob mentality and mob rule. And if it is, why are we at this point? What compels people to argue such petty issues and obfuscate law in an effort to make their voice heard?

Folks, I posit that those of you arguing endlessly about petty things should attempt to come together on issues that are of relevance to our nation. Division is killing our nation. Think about the time spent arguing about Chris Kyle, and how those energies could be channeled into efforts such as writing Congress about your immigration views, pro or con. Or perhaps working to lift up a fellow man rather than drag them down with name calling and casting dispersion's.

Has America fallen so low that all we can do is bicker among ourselves and lose track of what is really important?
Just following the path made by Fearless Leader...

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 08-06-2014, 19:10   #48
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Dana claims to be conservative, yet all hope is lost in his eyes. He feels money given will offset actual effort. So here we are, divided because he doesn't think it can happen. He does not believe WE the people can influence outcome.
You claim to be conservative but have no problem with the government forcibly taking money from me and transferring via welfare to the older generation. So here we are, divided because not all of us believe in your version of conservatism.

Myself, I believe conservatism values the individual and lets each person chose their own path. I am what some might call a "libertarian".
Old 08-06-2014, 19:52   #49
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSteelNail View Post
The writing a letter to congressmen got my attention. In my 65 years I have written several hundred letters to various elected officials. Except for personal notes from a few local politicians I have never received anything but form letters (pre internet) or a standard email reply followed by a request for a contribution. Our representatives only listen to those who can and are willing to pay big money. Eff every damn one of them.
I can certainly understand your frustrations, and in many ways I share them. But they do that because they are not overwhelmed by the constituents responses. If they could not turn in their offices for all the mail, pick up a phone without an angry voter, walk out of the office without seeing signs, they would acquiesce.

The system is broken because we ourselves have become complacent and allow it to be broken, my friends. For any person who did not vote in the last election, I do not see how there is any room to complain. To anyone that allows a travesty to go unchecked, what basis is there for complaint.

Stand up, act and mobilize. You want change, be the change.

Marcus Aurelius
Marcus Unrealious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 19:52   #50
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
The system is completely corrupted at the most fundamental level. "Law" isn't that impressive anymore

So thats to say it is so corrupted you give up?

Marcus Aurelius
Old 08-06-2014, 19:57   #51
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
You claim to be conservative but have no problem with the government forcibly taking money from me and transferring via welfare to the older generation. So here we are, divided because not all of us believe in your version of conservatism.

Myself, I believe conservatism values the individual and lets each person chose their own path. I am what some might call a "libertarian".
Hah! You reveal yourself my friend. I am conservative, and my point is that if you do not like that law, CHANGE IT. But you are too busy making sure you get yours you will not sacrifice the time or effort to do so just as you complain about the system you cant change. So you choose to whine and do nothing, as you have surrendered to the 'system' that you believe you cannot change.

Sir, what I have said and will continue to say is stop making excuses. You plead as one thing, yet demonstrate zero effort or desire to make that thing happen. You don't agree with me? Apply yourself and change the laws to what you feel are just and right, just as I will do. I am not giving out lame excuses I am too busy, or its hopeless. I believe in America and what we can be. I would have to ask why you don't.

And no, I do not like the SS system in its current process and state. But just because its you, I hereby claim you and your heirs taxes as my retirement right.

Marcus Aurelius

Last edited by Marcus Unrealious; 08-06-2014 at 19:59..
Old 08-06-2014, 20:02   #52
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

Quote:
If the Obamacare fiasco, including the blackmail of Roberts, didn't convince you that we are being ruled, nothing will

Wow. A little Jesse Ventura theory sprinkled in there. Very nice! Lets see now, how many conspiracies do you believe in?

I had actually thought you would rise to blindly defend your hero, Dana...

Marcus Aurelius
Old 08-06-2014, 20:10   #53
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

Does anyone of you believe after executive action on immigration is the time to act? Or do you become vocal, exercise your rights and press Congress now.

Silence is deafening. If you say you cant change America, your not much of an American.

Marcus Aurelius
Old 08-06-2014, 20:27   #54
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
...Stand up, act and mobilize. You want change, be the change.

And they will...................................as soon as they get back from the mall......"wait a minute I have a call on my cell.......damn, The Walking Dead is on!!"

The average American today is a mindless drone hooked on junk food, cell phones & the Internet. I honestly believe that if Obama came onto live TV & said he had sold half the country to Russia that half the country would not give a damn if cable & Internet were not interrupted.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 20:32   #55
THEPOPE
Nibb

I used to think I was witnessing a strange and rather violent series of events as late, the political name-calling, accusations, shameful scams and the relentless lying by our fear-full leaders...IRS, Benghazi, NSA , O'Bummer Careless Unaffordable Law, immigration epidemic, the administration forging ahead with agendas WE the People never voted on , or the incredible amount of shootings and criminal activities in our cities....

THEN I took a stroll down 1950's America....the 60's ....and the early 70's....wow, I lived most of that time and I gotta say, I forgot how bad the times were for the amount of violence I have seen, in life and on the TV in the form of the Nightly News, Walt and crew bringing Viet Nam into our homes, the murders, assassinations, the mayor Daley cops running roughshod over the Peoples' Rights, Dick Nixon ( tricky Dick, he was called then ) stomping all over us...

Waco, Ruby Ridge, Kent State, race- riots of the 50's, Charley Manson , Democratic and Republican Party conventions, Weather Underground ( determined to kill cops and blow up government buildings..), Black Panthers, black Muslims, KKK, Communism, the Arms Race, Drug Wars, War on Drugs, the Kennedy tragedy magnets, the John Gacy's, the Gary Gilmores, the Earl Ray Jones, the John Dillinger, Richard Speck, Baby Face Nelson, Bonnie and Clydes, Branch Davidians, Synbonese Liberation Army, Heavens Gate, Hells Angels, ....I could go on and on and on and on, nearly endlessly.

That's just a few from THIS country, and only covering 30 years or so...after the viewing of so many vids, news , photos, reports, documentaries, studies etc....

Put some of the latest things I am concerned about into a perspective, we have ALWAYS had these things happen, as did our Grandparents and Great-Grandparents. WE haven't come near as far as we sometimes believe we have, some of the very same problems are still in motion, the pendulum swings both ways, and every now and again, we enjoy peace, fleeting tranquility, neutrality, calm, ( some call it 're-load' time...).

WE didn't start the fire...try as we might, it WILL re-ignite...I am out...

the Pope with most....Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
THEPOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 20:36   #56
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEPOPE View Post

WE didn't start the fire...try as we might, it WILL re-ignite...I am out...
The Okie Corral
Old 08-06-2014, 20:59   #57
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
So thats to say it is so corrupted you give up?
It is unfixable. You're a fool to believe otherwise. What's going to happen is going to happen, just make sure it doesn't happen to you.
Old 08-06-2014, 22:32   #58
snerd

Quote:
........ For any person who did not vote in the last election, I do not see how there is any room to complain. To anyone that allows a travesty to go unchecked, what basis is there for complaint.......
So.......... voting for Romney, and him winning, would have checked the travesty?

snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 23:16   #59
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by G33 View Post
What is important is crushing your enemies, hearing the Lamentations...

Because the enemy will do it to us if we nap.
That is very true.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:13   #60
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

Quote:
It is unfixable. You're a fool to believe otherwise. What's going to happen is going to happen, just make sure it doesn't happen to you.
I am many things, but not a fool my friend. Just make sure it doesn't happen to me. The rally cry and anthem of apathy and selfishness.

Certifieds conversation with George Washington at the Potomac River:

Certified: Hey, ah, George. Listen, I have been talking with the boys and we think we shouldn't bother to cross the river. Look, its cold and it will be difficult, and what the heck will our efforts ever lead to? We cant change anything anyway, so why even bother?

George: Get off my boat.

Marcus Aurelius