Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-08-2014, 16:40   #1
wjv

I hate crooks. . .

During the summer we keep our camper on our property on the Long Beach Peninsula (WA State) and use it as a vacation home.

The Okie Corral

A few weeks back my wife and daughters went up there as my oldest daughter was going to attend camp for a week up in that area, and my wife was dropping her off. They got to the camper and found this:

The Okie Corral

The good news is that the moron was apparently so inept that he never was able to get into the camper. he just did a lot of damage to the door.

So this weekend we went back up there and I brought a bunch of tools with including a small vise (which proved to be very useful) in straightening out the edge of the door. I also added some re-enforcement and repainted the area.

The Okie Corral

At least it was fixable and the bastards never managed to get inside the camper. . . . Thing is, there is nothing of value in the camper worth stealing. Some sleeping bag, pots, pans, dishes and that's about it.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 16:51   #2
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

May I suggest a "nothing inside is worth dying over" sign, bolted next to the jamb?
Old 09-08-2014, 17:32   #3
paynter2
It ain't over

My house/garage got burgled last December. Two guys. One of them had a record - they caught him and he's back in jail.

They know who the second guy is. A deputy called a couple of weeks ago to say he was arrested. But the Victims Rights office has no record of the arrest. I've call the deputy back. I'm getting tired of the run-around.

They committed (what I think are) two felonies - possibly three. I'm starting to think BG2 may be related to someone on the force. Hate to say that but what else?

If the Sheriff's department was watching him for another, larger, crime they would not have busted him a month ago.

It is interesting to see how this goes down. I still trust the Dept. They know things and techniques that I don't - so I'll just wait on them. But riddle me this - what if this guy is in another robbery where a homeowner gets hurt or killed? What happens to the Department then?
Old 09-08-2014, 17:32   #4
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

Wow, that is some incompetent b&e. Amateurs, probably kids.
Old 09-08-2014, 17:36   #5
dac1204

Good thing you put all those easily removable screws there. They will never be able to get in that door.

Should have used round head bolt and putt he nuts inside, but then they would just cut the canvas to get in.

Sorry to hear it happened but those pesky crooks got us last year and did get some good stuff. The damage was minimal but we lost about a thousand bucks. Broke into three campers and a barn where we keep a good amount of tools.
dac1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 18:08   #6
Bruce M

I would be more inclined to believe the deputy than the victim's rights office. But there certainly should be an official document for the arrest that ought to be fairly easy to find.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 16:04   #7
wjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac1204 View Post

Should have used round head bolt and putt he nuts inside, but then they would just cut the canvas to get in.
Tent ends fold in and are locked behind very large and heavy duty doors.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -
Old 09-09-2014, 16:58   #8
Combatcomm

I'm sorry this happen to your family. Nothing worse that a thief. I know it doesn't help but I'm sure that that they will get what is coming to them. great looking repair!
Old 09-09-2014, 18:50   #9
Rinspeed
JAFO

Sorry about the damage and the repair looks pretty good. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 22:13   #10
wjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatcomm View Post
great looking repair!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinspeed View Post
Sorry about the damage and the repair looks pretty good.

When you own a camper you learn to do one of two things.

- Pay an RV shop big bucks every year.

OR

- Do it yourself!

I'd bet that also applies to boat owners!

- H. L. Mencken -
Old 09-10-2014, 12:48   #11
BuckRogers2000

We Live/work in our travel trailer in a fairly remote area of Utah. Since it's basically the "post summer" season, I wonder if some knuckleheads will try to bust in or steal the trailer...with me in it.

I'm not certain what I'd do but at least I have protection. The sheriff's office is about 45 minutes away, so I'll be on my own.

Some thoughts that occurred to me: I've identified the most protected area in the trailer just in case, Bellow loudly that the cops are on the way, disable their vehicle with m855 5.56, if all else fails - shoot through the door (I have hearing protection).

I'm probably just paranoid - but that doesn't mean they're NOT out to get me
BuckRogers2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 13:14   #12
ColdSteelNail

Glad they didn't destroy your camper. Bottom feeding low life.
ColdSteelNail is offline   Reply With Quote