Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:01   #1
TJS

Mika IWB

I've been wearing my new Mika IWB with my J Frame, and I got to say that Bob Mika makes one comfortable holster. In South Carolina it does get hot AND humid. We have affectionately called Columbia, SC the "Grate over Hell" due to its alarming humidity. But I digress. In SC, we need holsters that will not rot when the sweat hits. This one will not.

Bob Mika's holsters are very functional. When you get one, you look at it and go, "Now there is a good holster." It just strikes you as such. Why? For one, it's simple. No bells, no whistles, it just does what it's suppose to do...ie: hold the gun! Secondly, it needs no breaking in. Thirdly, it stays where you put it. The belt clip he uses is one of the strongest I have seen (and I've been carrying for over 25 years now). Fourthly, it's comfortable. The leather and backing he uses in and of itself adds a slight measure of "cushion" to the holster. Lastly, it does not cost an arm and a leg. My IWB was $35.95 plus shipping and it's custom made for my specific gun. Now that's a deal!

Bob Mika is one of the good guys. He's so easy to get along with that after you talk to him on the phone for a few minutes, you think you're at the table drinking a cup of coffee with a long time friend.

What do I get for all this? Nada, nothing. It's just nice to see a product that works and a man who stands behind it.

Keep up the great work Bob!

BTW: here's his site:http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 14:21   #2
Obi Wan

Good review, TJS.

Thanks.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Virg Muelleri
Obi Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:52   #3
Wishoot

Just ordered one if his IWB's for my Shield.

Based on all of the positive feedback I hear, my expectations are pretty high.
Wishoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:10   #4
Wishoot

Holy Cats!!!!

I placed my order from Bob and within 30 minutes he called to tell me he received the order and gave me his timeline for delivery.

We chatted about holster design and functionality and several other things.

What a nice guy.
Wishoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:45   #5
RichardinNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS View Post
I've been wearing my new Mika IWB with my J Frame, and I got to say that Bob Mika makes one comfortable holster. In South Carolina it does get hot AND humid. We have affectionately called Columbia, SC the "Grate over Hell" due to its alarming humidity. But I digress. In SC, we need holsters that will not rot when the sweat hits. This one will not.

Bob Mika's holsters are very functional. When you get one, you look at it and go, "Now there is a good holster." It just strikes you as such. Why? For one, it's simple. No bells, no whistles, it just does what it's suppose to do...ie: hold the gun! Secondly, it needs no breaking in. Thirdly, it stays where you put it. The belt clip he uses is one of the strongest I have seen (and I've been carrying for over 25 years now). Fourthly, it's comfortable. The leather and backing he uses in and of itself adds a slight measure of "cushion" to the holster. Lastly, it does not cost an arm and a leg. My IWB was $35.95 plus shipping and it's custom made for my specific gun. Now that's a deal!

Bob Mika is one of the good guys. He's so easy to get along with that after you talk to him on the phone for a few minutes, you think you're at the table drinking a cup of coffee with a long time friend.

What do I get for all this? Nada, nothing. It's just nice to see a product that works and a man who stands behind it.

Keep up the great work Bob!

BTW: here's his site:http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/

I always thought it was Moncks Corner - maybe two of them in SC?

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are "I'm from the Government and I'm here to help" - Ronald Regan
RichardinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 20:12   #6
mikegun

Bob Mika is a totally stand up guy, he is RET LAPD, I carried a backup gun in one of his pocket holsters, on duty, for many years.... I still use it ....