SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old Today, 11:03   #1
Dalton Wayne
CLM Number 239
Epic mustache

Send a message via MSN to Dalton Wayne Send a message via Skype™ to Dalton Wayne
Comcast rant

My cable and internet went out Tuesday morning, the cable came back on but the net didn't, I called them and they told me a tech would be there in three hours or less, after waiting all day I called them back, they assured me a tech would be there Wed.
Again I waited all day only to be told I was rescheduled for Thurs.
Well today I called them and they told me my Appointment was Friday between 1 and 5 PM, I lost it and told them they get here Friday and all their equipment would be piled at the end of my driveway and I don't care if it's raining.

An hour later a tech shows up and fixed my net.
Dalton Wayne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:36   #2
HalfHazzard
Señor Member

When I had Comcast, they gave me a $20 or $30 credit if the dude didn't show up during his window. I'd call back asking for some credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire
Old Today, 11:44   #3
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

They are trying to get me to upgrade my modem. I don't know why. I'm getting 30K mps or whatever. Not 10 or 12. 30. They want me to upgrade so I can get 50. I don't think I PAY for 50. I suspect that I own my current modem and they want me to LEASE the new one.

That was a great trick. Early on - you had to buy your modem. So I did. Then after a year, "well, we don't do that anymore. And we can't charge you $8/mo for a modem, so we're eliminating the modem charge and raising everyone's rates by $8/mo."

A few years later, had to upgrade. "Oh no. We don't do that. We can give you a list of modems you can buy, but we don't lease them. . . ."

Then they raised the rates AND want me to lease a new modem now.

I've held them off so far.

Otherwise all is well. I rarely get outages. Although the internet is a bit wonky at work. Not fully enough for me to want to fix it.
Old Today, 12:03   #4
SC Tiger
Some say...

Quote:
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:21   #5
Kawabuggy

Just got my bill yesterday from Comcast... It is now $178 per month and I have NO PREMIUM CHANNELS. I have basic cable only, with internet. I can't believe that they continue to raise our rates even though we don't have anything special. In fact, I OWN my Tivo outright.. I have none of their equipment (except their router). I'm going to cancel and hope that my experience does not mirror the linked video above. They got me with the "you need a new router" about 2 years ago and now I see there is an $8 charge per month for that.. Geez..

Can anyone recommend a different provider that will work with my Tivo? I need to get away from Comcast ASAP.

Last edited by Kawabuggy; Today at 12:22..
Kawabuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 14:08   #6
SC Tiger
Some say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawabuggy View Post
Just got my bill yesterday from Comcast... It is now $178 per month and I have NO PREMIUM CHANNELS. I have basic cable only, with internet. I can't believe that they continue to raise our rates even though we don't have anything special. In fact, I OWN my Tivo outright.. I have none of their equipment (except their router). I'm going to cancel and hope that my experience does not mirror the linked video above. They got me with the "you need a new router" about 2 years ago and now I see there is an $8 charge per month for that.. Geez..

Can anyone recommend a different provider that will work with my Tivo? I need to get away from Comcast ASAP.
Try this:

Cancel any autopay setups before you call. If they give you the business, just tell them this:

"Let's be clear. I am calling because I no longer want your service. I am no longer going to pay for it. If you want to continue to provide it that is fine but I will not be sending you any money for it. It is your call."

Quote:
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 14:16   #7
SJ 40

That's Commiecast. SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote