Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-08-2014, 19:49   #21
Glockcoltman

Glock colt

My glock 30 sf is the gun i trust my life with . My Colt combat elite is for when I want to show off at the range both have there purpose lol both have never had any failures of any kind just the colt is to pretty to put in a hoster and alittle to hevy for my tastes just my worthless two cents
Glockcoltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 19:50   #22
Andrew Phelps

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase83 View Post
I've read a few times that it's a good idea to match up your range ammo to as close as possible to your carry ammo...that's if you are going to be using this pistol in that capacity. I personally shoot 115g blazer brass right now, and carry 124g Speer Gold Dot, but that's because the 115 was on sale and I could get more of it. If you are going to have some carry ammo of some sort, try to also shoot some of that at the range just to get used to that in your gun.
Shooting your SD load through the gun is a great idea for testing the equipment. However, if you shoot thousands of rounds of 115gr ammo, i dont feel it is necessary to shoot some or any 124s to "get used" to them. The recoil of your real deal SD ammo will be greater but it's a non-issue imo.
Andrew Phelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 22:02   #23
Avalon786

Just out of curiosity if you go shooting 4 times in a week, would you clean/lube your glock after each session? Say 100 rounds per session.

Last edited by Avalon786; 06-16-2014 at 19:25..
Avalon786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 22:09   #24
Andrew Phelps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon786 View Post
Just out of curiosity if you go shooting 4 times in a week, would you clean/lube your clock after each session? Say 100 rounds per session.
I personally wouldn't. I just get a feel for how many rounds it has/how dirty it is/when the next time i'm going to shoot it is. If i have 200 rounds through it and i plan to shoot 200 more in 4 days, i'm not cleaning it. If i have a big match coming up and it has more than 400 rounds through it, i clean it.

I have gone 1000 rounds plus with no cleaning because i didn't have any terribly important matches. I could feel the slide sluggishly returning to battery during the match so i lubed it to finish, and then cleaned it a few hundred rounds later.
Andrew Phelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 19:27   #25
Avalon786

That makes sense, thanks!

How about if you go once a week shoot 75-150 rounds, clean & lube after each session or maybe clean once a month?
Avalon786 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glock, glove