Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:14   #1
Cred's Cariad

Glock OEM 3.5/4.5 Connector + NY1 trigger spring & GSSF

On my G30, I run the 3.5/4.5 Glock OEM connector mated with a NY1 trigger spring. I just ordered the same setup from Glockmeister for my G22.

Having read the GSSF rules, it seems to me that this is permitted because they are OEM parts and 40.40 #8 specifically mentions aftermarket connectors, which mine are not.

Just making sure that this is permissible...

Thanks!
Cred's Cariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:08   #2
njl

Yep. If the parts were made by Glock, you're allowed to use them in GSSF. The only restriction on that is that certain Glocks are only eligible for certain categories...but those trigger parts are allowed in any in which they'll fit in an eligible gun.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:14   #3
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

I think it would be OK, but there's no way I would do it. I want to shoot well, and that is not the trigger combination to do it with.

The NY spring just makes it harder to control the reset, and the creepy '-' connector gives the shooter more time during the let off to move the sights off target.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Patron Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 13:53   #4
njl

The "-" connector has it's pros and cons. It makes the trigger pull lighter, which for most means it's easier to pull without overtightening the grip and going low/left, but it also makes the trigger mushy and makes it a little harder to "shoot from reset". More than once, using the "-" connector, I've fired the next shot before I meant to because as soon as it reset, I had enough tension on it to break it again. I tend not to let it reset until I'm on-target again though, even those times when I fired and wasn't ready, I got good hits.

After scoring well in a couple of matches with a 30S using the stock connector (and just minor hand polishing of the connector and trigger bar) I'm considering removing the "-" connectors from all my other Glocks.
Old 04-11-2014, 17:20   #5
mr glock-fl

Hi,

That combo is popular for several Police Dept's, gives a smooth trigger pull with about a 5lb pull.

It's legal and shoot to your hearts content.

Not all guns can take the 3.5, several of my 45's I had to change it 5lb due to it being "too light".
mr glock-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 20:16   #6
Cashgap

I shoot that combo in every GSSF division except the 42 pocket division. No issues.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
-and-

NRA Instructor, TN Handgun Carry Instructor, Glock Armorer, C&R FFL

Last edited by Cashgap; 04-11-2014 at 20:17..
Cashgap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 20:34   #7
Andrew Phelps

creep or not, a minus connector is going to help most people's shooting. an 8lb factory g26 trigger can rot in hell.
Andrew Phelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 20:55   #8
Tarowah

I had a G27 with a "+" connector and an orange trigger spring, it was like trying to squeeze a walnut with a pair of tweezers!! To this day I have no idea what the previous owner was trying to prove with that setup but man did it suck lol.

I have tried the "-" connector with the olive trigger spring and found it to be far too mushy for my tastes, but if you can shoot well with that setup then roll with it, I am fond of the stock trigger spring and the "-" connector in my guns and it works well for me.

Last edited by Tarowah; 04-12-2014 at 20:56..
Tarowah is offline   Reply With Quote