GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2014, 22:13   #1
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict
 
stolenphot0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 5,206
Man with gun killed in shootout

This is "down the road" from where I live. Man walking around with an AK shooting randomly, officer responds, gets grazed and kills the shooter.

http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime-...ef=cbTopWidget

Thankfully the officer was only grazed.
stolenphot0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 22:18   #2
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA
 
janice6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 20,612


Good for the officer. Cool under fire, accurate in his response, survived to fight another day. He is a fighter for our side.


Sounds like the shooter was B....S....crazy, or looking for suicide by cop.
__________________
janice6

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 22:20   #3
Berto
woo woo
 
Berto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: WA
Posts: 30,920


It sucks the officer had to do the deed, but hopefully he will know he did the right thing.
__________________
The West is the Best.
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 23:12   #4
DJ Niner
Moderator
 
DJ Niner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: North-Central USA
Posts: 17,967
Even though the perp shot first, and the cop was hit before he returned fire, the officer still won the fight. Article said the cop was a firearms instructor.

What was that old saying? "Speed is fine, accuracy is final"?


.

Last edited by DJ Niner; 02-15-2014 at 23:14..
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 23:17   #5
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member
 
itisbruno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Raccoon City
Posts: 30,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Niner View Post
Even though the perp shot first, and the cop was hit before he returned fire, the officer still won the fight. Article said the cop was a firearms instructor.

What was that old saying? "Speed is fine, accuracy is final"?


.
I like that quote


__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 00:02   #6
PaLEOjd
Senior Member
 
PaLEOjd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,025
Really glad to hear the officer is fine and was able to go home to his family after his shift. Hope he is intact mentally after this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
__________________
G19, G19-Gen4, G17 RTF2 "gilly", G17-Gen4
G27, G23, G23-Gen4 G22-Gen4, G26-Gen4, G26
PaLEOjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:11   #7
walt cowan
Senior Member
 
walt cowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: absurdistan
Posts: 9,999
spray and pray, aim and slay.
__________________
"open borders, open doors, bleeding pores." -walt cowan 10/19/2014.
walt cowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:14   #8
shadow_dog
Hilljack
 
shadow_dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 2,787
Blog Entries: 4


When I heard it on the radio at work I got concerned. Know some officers on the HPD. Have some family on it also. Called one of my daughters to see if it was anyone we know, or she is friends with. Thankfully it wasn't. However, prayers out to the officer who was involved. Glad the perp got what he deserved. I first heard rifle then shotgun. My daughter told me later it was a shotgun also. Any idea which it was ?
__________________
NRA lifer

Last edited by shadow_dog; 02-16-2014 at 08:23..
shadow_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:19   #9
Dave514
Senior Member
 
Dave514's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: USSA
Posts: 11,422
I like to think of it as "Man with gun survives shootout".
__________________
"Wow ... I didn't know all the facts. I think you might be right and I might be wrong."
said no glocktalk member
Dave514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:21   #10
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict
 
stolenphot0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 5,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_dog View Post
When I heard it on the radio at work I got concerned. Know some officers on the HPD. Have some family on it also. Called one of my daughters to see if it was anyone we know, or she is friends with. Thankfully it wasn't. However, prayers out to the officer who was involved. Glad the perp got what he deserved. I first heard rifle then shotgun. My daughter told me later it was a shotgun also. Any idea which it was?
I heard both too early on, but the latest news of last night was it was an AK. Witness had it as a shotgun, chief reported in news conference it was an AK. Had it been a body shot it would have been worse, their armor isn't for rifle rounds.
stolenphot0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:40   #11
Lnguyen9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northwest, Illinois
Posts: 128
Boys and Girls, get ready for another oh gun control.
Lnguyen9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:55   #12
lethal tupperwa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 11,344


Gotta love Bill Jordan

What was that old saying? "Speed is fine, accuracy is final"?
__________________
Correctional and Therapeutic Mayhem Administrator EMERITUS

----------------------------------------

GLOCK CERTIFIED ARMORER
lethal tupperwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:16   #13
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict
 
stolenphot0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 5,206
Hamilton isn't known for being a "classy" city. Cops there have their work cut out for them. I wouldn't doubt it at all if that guy was on meth or heroin.
stolenphot0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:22   #14
gwalchmai
Lucky Member
 
gwalchmai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Outside the perimeter
Posts: 46,715


Sounds like things worked out as they're supposed to.
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:34   #15
jakebrake
cracker
 
jakebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: too close to philly
Posts: 7,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by walt cowan View Post
spray and pray, aim and slay.
I like this one better.
__________________
God made man, Sam Colt made us equal, John Moses Browning made us civilized... freemasons club Number 57
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:39   #16
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty
 
happyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: You can't get here from there!
Posts: 15,711
Another great example of it being the Indian and not the arrow.

Hope there are no lingering issues for the police officer.

Regards,
Happyguy
__________________
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:43   #17
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnguyen9 View Post
Boys and Girls, get ready for another oh gun control.
Won't happen.

Didn't happen after Aurora. Didn't happen after Tucson. Didn't happen after Fort Hood. It happened after Sandy Hook because of the exceptional situation with the victims.

This was one lunatic, shot and killed by a cop. It wasn't "North Hollywood Redux", it wasn't a new OK Corral (which wasn't what it's been made out to be anyway).

Just because there's a shooting in the news, it's NOT an automagic trigger for the next AWB. Even if there are some politicians that would LIKE it to be that way, the fact that they got their asses handed to them politically after Sandy Hook shows that they won't even try it again for a case like this.

Crying wolf is a quick way to get ignored.
__________________
"I'm your priest, your shrink, your main connection to the switchboard of souls. I'm the Magic Man, the Santa Claus of the Subconscious. You say it, you even think it, you can have it." - Lenny Nero
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:52   #18
J.ThaddeusToad
Checkmate
 
J.ThaddeusToad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kingwood, TX
Posts: 858
I would have taken him down with my Model 94 lever action before calling the cops, but that's just me. just kidding
__________________
We have been a most favored people. We ought to be a most generous people. We have been a most blessed people. We ought to be a most thankful people. -Calvin Coolidge
J.ThaddeusToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:12   #19
shadow_dog
Hilljack
 
shadow_dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 2,787
Blog Entries: 4


I would hate to be a LEO in Hamilton. Never was a "classy" city, ever. No matter how much the wealthy in town try to make it into a "whatever" city. It is full of for the most part working poor, welfare, mucho illegal aliens, dope heads, thugs and wannabes. That particular neighborhood has been pretty "rough" for years now. I lived in Hamilton for about 26 years. Kids still live there. I drive thru there everyday on the way to work. Unreal some of the sites I see around 0330 on the way to work. Meth and heroin have taken over and the associated crimes that go with them. Doubt there will be any calls for gun control because of this. In fact most LEO's from there that I know have been telling people to get their ccws. Sad fact is this is probably a mirror image of other past manufacturing cities, that have been on the decline due to low pay or no jobs. Almost all the high to medium pay manufacturing jobs are gone. Sorry for the rant and didn't mean to hijack the thread. Live in the city adjacent to Hamilton now. Can see the crime and criminal creeping this way constantly. Can't wait till retirement to sell out and move from this area.
__________________
NRA lifer

Last edited by shadow_dog; 02-16-2014 at 10:16..
shadow_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:15   #20
Jackalo626
Senior Member
 
Jackalo626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnguyen9 View Post
Boys and Girls, get ready for another oh gun control.
They can cry all they want. All of us responsible armed citizens think that the world has crazies and they can strike at any time which they do. That is the reason we need to be armed for our own protection. Every time there is a shooting it further justifies our belief that there may come a day that you will need to defend yourself against one of these deeply disturbed murderers. The constitution grants the right to bear arms and all their *****ing and moaning doesn't change that.
Jackalo626 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:16.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 720
172 Members
548 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31