SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-26-2014, 22:06   #1
Mrs. VR
Administrator

Strange things are happening

I'm in overnight observation at the hospital. I've been feeling pretty good since my last remicade infusion but I saw my rheum on mon and last night got an urgent call to come in to the office today because my blood sugar was 361!!!!! I've never been diabetic, but the prednisone can make you so, so they've been monitoring it. And while it sometimes crept up, it has never been anything of real concern

So I'm at the office being counseled about pricking my finger, how to eat, meds, etc ( my sugar was much much lower in the office today)and started getting a tightness in my chest. My rheum stepped in and was like " wtf, you didn't look this bad two days ago!"

The nurse and doc both sat with me for about an hour after doing an EKG that did NOT show a heart attack, but did show something off from my last one, since I still felt bad, they had me transported.

Since I've gotten here I've had the following; low sodium, low potassium, low magnesium, my sugar went back down and then WAY back up so I just got insulin for the first time ever. They are going to do an ultrasound of my gallbladder in the am just in case because my liver enzymes are high and even higher than just two days ago.

The ONLY thing that's changed is that I started a paleo/primal diet a week or so ago. I've lost 7 lbs, so I thought things were great. I've had more energy since that and the infusion, I felt like maybe we turned a corner. NONE of this is making any sense to me.

To add insult to injury, when I got in here I had a roomie ( she left thank god) who was in overnight with extreme vomiting and diarrhea. Oh that's JUST what I need.

This is a HUGE bowl of WTF.

Otoh, Lady came in to ER screaming about how she joined the military to protect her daughters cause ain't no f'ing man ever done anything for HER. So EVERY WOMAN PROTECT YOUR DAUGHTERS!!!

I heard a guy at the desk say they needed to call the chaplain and ask him to bring some water. I know it was bad but I

The ER never fails to deliver.

Anywho, I've has lots of nice meds so I'll make an effort not to post much more tonight.

90/9/1

Mrs. VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 22:09   #2
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Byetta. It's painfully awesome.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Angry Fist; 02-26-2014 at 22:09..
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 22:19   #3
Mrs. VR
Administrator

It's possible that it's a late onset type 1. I'm hoping it's drug induced and resolves. Blehhhhhhhh

90/9/1

Old 02-26-2014, 22:23   #4
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Hope you get better. This place would never be the same!
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 23:13   #5
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

I will include you in my prayers. You seem to be having a rough run. Remember there is a far side to it, and just keep grinning and dodging 'till you get there.

I hate hospitals. They give me the creeps. Hope you have a good book.
Old 02-26-2014, 23:15   #6
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

You should post a lot more!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 23:29   #7
Cubdriver

Good thoughts inbound, Mrs. VR - hang in there!

-Pat
Old 02-26-2014, 23:35   #8
thetoastmaster
NOT a sheepdog!

Send a message via ICQ to thetoastmaster Send a message via AIM to thetoastmaster
So sorry to read of this development. FWIW, low K (and I mean in the toilet potassium levels) can look like a heart attack. I am curious to know what your latest labs looked like; but I am sure the er staff was all over it.
And skill is more important than either,
The final weapon is the brain.
All else is supplemental.

- John Steinbeck

2+2≠4!
thetoastmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 23:35   #9
Mrs. VR
Administrator

I'm watching documentaries. Don't think I'll be sleeping much with the every hour or so blood draws

90/9/1

Old 02-26-2014, 23:39   #10
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. VR View Post
I'm watching documentaries. Don't think I'll be sleeping much with the every hour or so blood draws
Stoned post night!

Just don't ban Eric!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-26-2014, 23:44   #11
Mrs. VR
Administrator

Meh. They aren't giving anything that hard tonight. So it might be more like exceptionally grumpy posts.

90/9/1

Old 02-26-2014, 23:46   #12
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Meh. They aren't giving anything that hard tonight. So it might be more like exceptionally grumpy posts.
Bummer. I know those too well myself. Guess I'll try not to piss you off tonight. And I hope you get to feeling better soon.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-26-2014, 23:59   #13
G19Tony
CLM Number 3
Sneet

Get well soon Sharon. Please post when you are on the good stuff!

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten it.

"What's the point of living the majority of your life preparing for that last little bit?"

G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 00:15   #14
Mrs. VR
Administrator

The screamer. Is still screaming. -.-

Just far enough away that I can't make out the words, but close enough to annoy me.

90/9/1

Old 02-27-2014, 00:29   #15
Batesmotel

In our prayers tonight.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:15   #16
costanza187
I like Macs

First of all, I would like to extend my prayers and best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoastmaster View Post
So sorry to read of this development. FWIW, low K (and I mean in the toilet potassium levels) can look like a heart attack. I am curious to know what your latest labs looked like; but I am sure the er staff was all over it.
That is true for sure! This happened earlier this month. My uncle was taking some kind of medication for an unrelated infection (spider bite), and he started having some kind of spell while at rehab for a heart attack he had back in September. They thought he was having another one right there on the spot. They ended up doing another heart-cath and all and finally determined that it was the medication lowered his K levels dramatically AND darn near caused his kidneys to shut down. He ended up in the hospital about a week over the whole ordeal. He is fine now though once they pinpointed the problem.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:38   #17
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

Aside from that, Mrs Lincoln, how did you like the play?

Holy cow, woman. Glad you're in the right place for all this to happen, at least.
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:55   #18
Mrs. VR
Administrator

Ughhhhh. Got a little sleep, woke up with atrocious headache. Just got ultrasound of liver/kidneys /gallbladder. Waiting to go back to room and hopefully skeep more. I feel worse now than last night. Blehhhhhh

90/9/1

Old 02-27-2014, 07:18   #19
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-27-2014, 07:56   #20
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

With a roomie extreme-shooting out of both ends, you had a big bowl of SOMETHING in there. Ewww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
Hope you get better. This place would never be the same!
She might need insulin, not a hole in the ground, dude. LOL

Quote:
The screamer. Is still screaming. -.-

Just far enough away that I can't make out the words, but close enough to annoy me.
About 12 years ago, I shattered my wrist. 3 days later, surgery. I got out about 10pm. Back to the room for overnight by about midnight. Some poor guy was yelling for hours for a nurse. I guess there was nothing to do for him. I mean, he yelled himself hoarse. Hard to sleep with that - even with the drip and the special button you can push.