Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 00:52   #1
GAFinch
Senior Member
 
GAFinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,809
Ben Carson on 2A: We 'should be really concerned' about martial law

Quote:
On Monday at The New York Meeting, Dr. Ben Carson said he does not believe in gun registration because America's massive debt could transform the nation into a third-world country in which martial law may be imposed.

Carson, the retired neurosurgeon who has been getting buzz in conservative circles, said that he changed his mind and was against gun registration because of the "sinister internal forces" that could surface in that scenario. He said he "used to think they needed to be registered, but if you register them they just come and find you and take your guns."
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ut-Martial-Law
__________________
Fear the government that fears your guns.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:09   #2
snerd
Senior Member
 
snerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,957
How can you be so smart, yet take so long, to come to that conclusion?!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:24   #3
DOC44
Senior Member
 
DOC44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 11,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by snerd View Post
How can you be so smart, yet take so long, to come to that conclusion?!
Political Issues

Doc44
__________________
Have Gun Will Travel
DOC44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:24   #4
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew
 
concretefuzzynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: PNW
Posts: 6,271
Last year he said he didn't think there was a need for an "assault weapon" in big cities.

He's a decent man but I've become a single issue voter.
__________________
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:05   #5
Line Bore
Senior Member
 
Line Bore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 154
He's a political animal, and he's trying to stay downwind.


Caught somewhere in time.
__________________
"The freedom to own and carry the weapon of your choice is a natural, fundamental, and inalienable human, individual, civil, and Constitutional right-- subject neither to the democratic process nor to arguments grounded in social utility."

L. Neil Smith
Line Bore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:18   #6
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 36,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by snerd View Post
How can you be so smart, yet take so long, to come to that conclusion?!
Not sure he's "so smart" - just "so educated" and with education usually comes liberal indoctrination.
__________________
Quote:
This is the internet - you will never learn to shoot here.
- Me, 2014.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:21   #7
akroguy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
Last year he said he didn't think there was a need for an "assault weapon" in big cities.

He's a decent man but I've become a single issue voter.
Me too. The Second Amendment is the litmus test against which I submit all prospective candidates. I hear anything like "sensible gun legislation" or "common sense gun violence prevention initiatives" and I IMMEDIATELY put you on my petty tyrant list.
__________________
G19, G17, G36, G21SF, M4, Mosins, M1, 1903A3's.

The Second Amendment: giving teeth to the remaining 26.
Cogito, ergo armatus sum.
akroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:43   #8
hogship
It's MY Island
 
hogship's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northwest territory, pardner!
Posts: 12,278
If he's serious about changing, I'm willing to listen. It's reasonable to be skeptical of his (political) motivations, but I'm not willing to just write him off as a liar.

What he's saying now about registration and confiscation is just as much truth as his thoughts on health care......

Let's keep an open mind about Ben Carson, at this point........

The 2nd amendment shall not be infringed.......if he comes around and acknowledges that (in a believable way), I'll give the man a pass on past discrepancies.......

I saw a poll the other day, and Cruz is well ahead of the pack.......Ben Carson could be a VP choice......??????

ooc
__________________
NRA/VFW life, Harley Davidson FXDX, very patriotic!
Old iron pumper w/pony tail, Christian, lathe artist
Stevie Ray Vaughn, Janis Joplin, Johnny Cash
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by hogship; 03-11-2014 at 06:03..
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:49   #9
hogship
It's MY Island
 
hogship's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northwest territory, pardner!
Posts: 12,278
Another news reporter sees the light.......and quits!

Sorry.....wrong placement of this
__________________
NRA/VFW life, Harley Davidson FXDX, very patriotic!
Old iron pumper w/pony tail, Christian, lathe artist
Stevie Ray Vaughn, Janis Joplin, Johnny Cash
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by hogship; 03-11-2014 at 05:50..
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:04   #10
hooligan74
Senior Member
 
hooligan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,444
Why should I care what a retired neurosurgeon thinks about gun control, one way or the other? What makes his opinion any more valid than any other retired physician, or any of us?
hooligan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:05   #11
20South
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: East of CBUS
Posts: 2,082
I am not willing to trust him when Rand Paul and Ted Cruz have been steadfast in their positions. I am a single issue voter and I have found when a politician is on the right side of 2a, more times then not the rest of their positions are okay too.
__________________
"You should never under estimate the predictability of stupidity" - Bullet Tooth Tony
20South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:06   #12
20South
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: East of CBUS
Posts: 2,082
^I am also not saying those are my two picks either, just they have less history of statements I disagree with over a much larger span of opportunities...
__________________
"You should never under estimate the predictability of stupidity" - Bullet Tooth Tony

Last edited by 20South; 03-11-2014 at 08:07..
20South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:09   #13
Wiggity
Senior Member
 
Wiggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan74 View Post
Why should I care what a retired neurosurgeon thinks about gun control, one way or the other? What makes his opinion any more valid than any other retired physician, or any of us?

Because he is in the spotlight, people respect him and his opinion, unlike most of the general population. So if he starts seeing things for what they really are, in terms of gun control, and vocalizes it, then that is a win for us.

Because of what he has done, he has the power to sway minds. Unlike most people on this forum.
Wiggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:16   #14
hooligan74
Senior Member
 
hooligan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggity View Post
Because he is in the spotlight, people respect him and his opinion, unlike most of the general population. So if he starts seeing things for what they really are, in terms of gun control, and vocalizes it, then that is a win for us.

Because of what he has done, he has the power to sway minds. Unlike most people on this forum.

OK, I can see that as an answer to why I should care - he might have the ability to influence others.

It doesn't answer why his opinion, one way or the other, is more valid than anyone elses. He's not some 2A/self-defense/legal expert. He's just a guy with an opinon.

Until he actually throws his hat in the ring for any sort of political position - I'll file his opinion right next to Sean Penn's.
hooligan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:55   #15
SJ 40
Senior Member
 
SJ 40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vermont
Posts: 7,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
Last year he said he didn't think there was a need for an "assault weapon" in big cities.

He's a decent man but I've become a single issue voter.
This !
I think every potential candidate for any office of any party should have to pass a test on the U S Constitution.

By his comments on the Second Amendment Dr. Ben Carson has Failed his test and should be eliminated from further consideration,he has with me .

Dr, Carson's Failure of the U S Constitution

Excerpted from Mediaite: Asked by Beck for his thoughts on the Second Amendment, Carson gave the popular pro-gun argument: “There’s a reason for the Second Amendment; people do have the right to have weapons.”

But when asked whether people should be allowed to own “semi-automatic weapons,” the doctor replied: “It depends on where you live.”

“I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it,” Carson elaborated.

However, if you live “out in the country somewhere by yourself” and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, “I’ve no problem with that.”


http://www.mediaite.com/tv/conservat...-large-cities/

The Failure of Dr. Ben Carson. SJ 40

Last edited by SJ 40; 03-11-2014 at 08:57.. Reason: spelling
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:31.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 852
247 Members
605 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31