SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:26   #1
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Leosa

I'm no longer subscribed to the grapevine.

Does anyone know how LEOSA implementation is coming for former SP's? All I can find on the interweb are a few whitepapers and this DOD guidance.

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/c...df/552512p.pdf

Regards,
Happyguy:

"Nobody should ever run a race where they are lapped by the sun."

Last edited by happyguy; 02-15-2014 at 11:26..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 19:27   #2
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

According to Michael Glunk, Deputy Operations Chief for the Air Force Security Forces Center, the regulation is out for coordination and he expects USAF to start issuing credentials this fall.

Regards,
Happyguy

Old 03-19-2014, 06:52   #3
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

The latest.

http://www.afsfc.af.mil/shared/media...140310-039.pdf

Regards,
Happyguy

Old 03-20-2014, 09:00   #4
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Draft regulation is out for signature.

Regards,
Happyguy

Old 04-05-2014, 08:16   #5
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

The AFMAN has been signed and they are looking for a contractor.

This is from the man spearheading the implementation:

Quote:
Michael Glunk – My staff and I have been working very hard to stand this program up for the Air Force Security Forces, at the direction of General Jamerson. What I have learned over the past few months is this; most people have not taken the time to read the information that we have been providing. Rumor, assumption and “I thoughts” are prevailing over the facts. I assure you that once the services have issued the credentials, liability for understanding and following the law will fall on the INDIVIDUAL. I implore those people who intend to carry their weapons concealed under LEOSA to READ, READ and READ everything! You will not understand LEOSA by just reading the AFMAN. You have to read the LAWS (All of them)! Yes, I was correct when I said the LAWS (Plural). You may not understand the impact of LEOSA until you educate yourself by reading articles published by FOP, NRA and individuals with personal experience with this Law. IT IS COMPLICATED and could result in personal liability if you are not aware of the actual facts. I know everyone is excited to get their credential…but with great authority comes great responsibility. I ask that everyone get their information from reliable sources, talk to their local PDs, ask questions and make informed decisions before participating in this program. Certain states are in the process of restricting gun laws, and while LEOSA may help you beat the rap…it may not help you beat the ride!

Last edited by happyguy; 04-05-2014 at 08:17..
Old 05-10-2014, 17:26   #6
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

As of April 13th:

On my behalf of Mr. Glunk, USAF SF HQ:

I have a LEOSA update for our Army and AF followers: The USA is currently staffing their LEOSA guidance which, as stated previously, follows the example of the certified AF guidance. Additionally, The Army has decided to join the AF Contracting effort which will put them on the same timeline as AF recipients. The AFSFC and HQDA OPMG will be meeting with contracting officials in the next few weeks to finalize the Performance Work Statement that will be used to select the final contracting agency. We are hopeful that a Contractor will be selected within the next 60-90 days and the On-Line Application process will available on a commercial network sometime late this summer and initial issuance of credentials for both the Army and Air Force shortly thereafter. I again ask for patience as we continue to rapidly build this program stand this process up. Finally, the AFSFC is also working with USN POCs to determine the viability of using the Air Force/Army model for credential issuance. More to come for our Navy followers…
V/R
Michael Glunk

Regards,
Happyguy

Old 06-14-2014, 17:17   #7
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Update from Mr.Glunk -
Defenders - Air Force Installation Contracting Agency (AFICA), Wright Patterson AFB, OH, has selected a contractor to issue LEOSA credentials to past/present AF law enforcement personnel. Congratulations to Defense Consulting Services (DCS) on their selection. The AFSFC and DCS staffs will now finalize the process of developing the on-line application process and credential. We will begin beta testing of this process in the very near future and hope to have examples of what our credential will look like shortly. I continue to ask for your patience as we work diligently to move this process forward. Our estimated start date for credential issuance remains 1 Sep 14 with the cost of a 926B credential at $140 and the cost of a 926C credential at $160 which will be valid for 5 years. We will continue to keep you posted on our progress.- Nelson
Regards,
Happyguy