GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-13-2014, 15:33   #81
PhotoFeller

Thanks, Happyguy. Sounds like a potential safety issue that Shield owners needed to take seriously.

Did S&W pay for sending the pistols in to its shop for inspection?

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 02-13-2014 at 15:36..
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 15:37   #82
kahrcarrier
FAHRENHEIT

Kahr MK9, PM9
kahrcarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 15:46   #83
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
Thanks, Happyguy. Sounds like a potential safety issue that Shield owners needed to take seriously.

Did S&W pay for sending the pistols in to its shop for inspection?
All shipping and repair costs were paid by S&W.

If you want to read the safety alert follow this link:

https://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...8_757978_image

Then click on the MP Shield Safety Alert on the left side of the page.

Regards,
Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 17:53   #84
burttrans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave514 View Post
I would seriously consider trying to find a better IWB set up and using the G26 you already have. That would be a LOT cheaper and allow quality, capacity, etc..

I've become quite partial to the N82 holster. http://n82tactical.com/

A gun as small as a P938 and J Frames are great guns but I reserve that size for the rare pocket carry times.
Dave I just put in a order for the N82 Pro for my Glock 26 and can also use it with my G19 too. Thanks for the informaiton about it!
burttrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 21:29   #85
John Biltz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
After doing a lot of reading and handling multiple other guns, I decided to get a PM9. I think I made the correct decision.

Can I shoot it as well as my G19? no.
Can I shoot it well enough for a micro-CCW? yes.
I don't understand when someone says something like this. Is your threat not as high when carrying one rather than the other? Now if you mean I shoot the G19 better but there are times I just can't carry it so I accept due to circumstances there are times I will not be as well armed but at least I got something.
Old 02-13-2014, 22:21   #86
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Biltz View Post
I don't understand when someone says something like this. Is your threat not as high when carrying one rather than the other? Now if you mean I shoot the G19 better but there are times I just can't carry it so I accept due to circumstances there are times I will not be as well armed but at least I got something.
You seem to understand the concept pretty well.

There are times when I am at a higher risk than other times.

There are also times when you have to make a decision for conceal ability to decide to go smaller and lighter. If we didn't have to make these decisions we would all drive tanks and carry rifles around the grocery store.
Old 02-13-2014, 22:45   #87
slimgoodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Biltz View Post
FWIW, Generally in winter when heavy clothing has to be defeated, a 40 or 45 cal. will be my first choice. For casual around town or dinner date with the wife also in winter, I go with the 9mm Kahr. The 9mm Kahr or 38spl air weight used in the fall & summer with lighter clothing. The 380 is last choice used mainly in summer for comfort & I want a weapon on me. We own an apartment complex so we sometimes are on site for incidents involving residents & staff (fire alarms, accidents requiring medical attention, etc.) usually at night. For those visits either a Glock 19 or 23 in my vehicle in addition to what I am carrying. BTW, I practice regularly with everything I carry.
slimgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 14:35   #88
WarEagle32

Quote:
Originally Posted by movinup View Post
This (mine is a CM9). I'll admit I'm not nearly as accurate with it as with my G26, but sometimes the dress just doesn't allow that to be truly, completely concealed. I don't think there is a gun out there that most of us can shoot as accurately as a 26/19.

This! I love my CM9. I love my 17/19/26 as well, but & rounds od dead on accurate rounds out of the ultra thin 1 pound CM9/PM9 can't be beat by anything I have seen!
WarEagle32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 15:09   #89
br9

My SIG 938 goes everywhere with me.Love this gun. Haven't had any problems out of it.
br9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:54   #90
ca survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg702 View Post
I agree with the gun, but the grip is unnessesary to make the gun easily controlable, as it is fine with any of the grips. The extended 7 round mag helps a lot more though.
yep, I like people looking for a slim grip pistol AND then put a grip sleeve on.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:33   #91
byf43
NRA Life Member

Smith & Wesson M&P Shield.

9mm or .40.
GREAT concealed carry pistol.

"Live Free. Practice democracy. Make a difference. Love your family and your country." H.N.K. (My Dad) 09/02/1924 - 05/11/2012
byf43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:50   #92
Delmonte67
Glock 40 cal.

Looking for awesome accuracy in a tiny superthin pocketgun?
I looked at all the 380's I could get my hands on for shorts pocket carry and this was the winner for me. This little gun is sooo lightweight and super thin- its so damn easy to carry. All my friends who tried it out at the range so far were shocked at how such a tiny gun was so accurate- and one actually bought one for himself for summer carry. I love that it has last round slide lockback, "real" sights that are adjustable/replaceable, external safety (I don't think its needed with the long trigger pull) chambered round indicator, 7 round capacity, double trigger for light primer strikes, $375 pricetag, and of course the laser (adjustable) which Ive rarely used (which was surprisingly dead on target- out of the box) Its really one of the best shooters Ive ever owned, flawless through many rounds- and just a well made tiny pistol.
General Firearms Forum
Winter and Summer/shorts carry-
General Firearms Forum

Great Bodyguard vid with impressive target accuracy for a tiny pocketgun-

Last edited by Delmonte67; 02-15-2014 at 10:15..
Delmonte67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:08   #93
MacG22
CLM Number 213
Charter Lifetime Member

For 9mm: Walther PPS

For .45: Springfield XDS.

Of the slim pistols, I like the size/power/accuracy mix of the XDS.
Old 02-15-2014, 14:44   #94
mltndw3

I bought an M&P Shield last weekend for CC and have been to the range twice. Sweet shooting gun, love the size and feel
but I've had two FTE in the first 50 rounds through the gun. It happened to my wife the first time and I thought maybe limp wristing but it happened to me today and there was no limp wristing. I am shooting Georgia Arms 124 grain reloads which have never been a problem with my G19 Gen 4. I've shot over 1500 rounds of the GA ammo with never a problem until I tried them in the Shield. I've joined the SW forums and found I'm not the only one with this problem. People are saying it bad ammo, the gun has to be broken it, etc. All I know is I've never had a problem with the Glock regardless of ammo. I am going to try some new 147 grain Federal next week to see if it might be the GA ammo. I am regretting buying the Shield at this point.

Last edited by mltndw3; 02-15-2014 at 14:45..
mltndw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 17:11   #95
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

While we are on the subject, we should probably talk holsters for said gun.

I am still looking for the right holsters for my PM9. I can pocket carry it. I have another deep cover setup, but... I would like:
1. holster on strap that goes around my neck. This could be worn when bicycling and wearing bicycle stuff.
2. Inside the waist band.
Old 02-15-2014, 21:47   #96
Wolfdad

My favorite is the XDS 45acp followed closely by the G36.
Wolfdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 23:15   #97
Gdirty5

I had a shield, karh cm9, and a few keltec pf9's.... I only have the shield now... The PF9's had zero issues, but were so darn snappy to shoot, the CM9 I didn't like the flimsy mags, and how tight the gun was, It would have nose dives with the wrong grip, and though the trigger was smooth, I just couldn't get used to it. The shield fixed all those problems, easy to break down, recoil is manageable, I'm used to the trigger, and I haven't had any feed issues and it didn't require a break in.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:04   #98
JMag

XDS .45 works for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
JMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:58   #99
rv4driver

Kimber Solo Carry 9 and Walther PPS.

Go classic, Smith 3913.
rv4driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:38   #100
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg702 View Post
I agree with the gun, but the grip is unnessesary to make the gun easily controlable, as it is fine with any of the grips. The extended 7 round mag helps a lot more though.
And those grips get sticky...
My extended mag tends to misfeed. Haven't had that problem with with the shorter mag.