SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:30   #21
G23Gen4TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr20 View Post
My bedroom has a ceiling fan right next to an air vent in the ceiling. So the blades overlap the vent. When the fan is on and the air/heat kicks on, the air blows through the fan and makes an annoying noise.
I want to rip the fan off the ceiling when this happens. So friggin annoying when you are trying to sleep.
G23Gen4TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:36   #22
G23Gen4TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
What is wrong with this picture?

The Okie Corral

Every house I have ever lived in that had washer/dryer hookups, had the washer on the right, yet my washer door is hinged on the left and the dryer is hinged on the right, so the doors open into each other and I have to lift the laundry over the doors to put it into the dryer.
Are you sure your washer/dryer don't have reversible doors?
Old 01-30-2014, 01:38   #23
Batesmotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by G23Gen4TX View Post
Are you sure your washer/dryer don't have reversible doors?
They do. But it is a nightmare to remove the entire front and reverse the doors...........

.....without the washer leaking.

They give you the instructions but it sucks to do it.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:40   #24
G23Gen4TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batesmotel View Post
They do. But it is a nightmare to remove the entire front and reverse the doors...........

.....without the washer leaking.

They give you the instructions but it sucks to do it.
What's more annoying? This or having to lift the laundry above the doors?
Old 01-30-2014, 01:44   #25
Batesmotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by G23Gen4TX View Post
What's more annoying? This or having to lift the laundry above the doors?
Lifting it is a pain but I never switched after a friend had water damage from a leaking door on the same model. The newer ones seal better.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:49   #26
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

The standard (medium) sized fast food cup cannot be placed in my car's cup holder while car is in park. Must apply brake, shift into drive, place cup, and receive food bag. (Keep foot on brake while receiving food bag!)

I have never found a built-in soap tray in any bath/shower with the ridges high enough to keep the bottom half of a bar of soap from turning to mush.

Every tooling cart in every machine shop I have ever seen is designed by some unknown enemy, with the intent of causing injuries large enough to affect my work, but just barely too small to be a workman's comp claim.

Why does the airbag kill my engine? What if I need to back up and hit whatever-it-is again?

As Glock knows very well, in times of stress and excitement, you lose fine motor coordination. Therefore, why do condoms require so much fine motor function to access and deploy?

How much weight/material/money is actually saved by equipping my economy car with an eight-inch afterthought of a lug wrench?

Why does nobody in the world seem to make an affordable, practical, concealed carry holster I can wear while backpacking, then carry on a day hike after dropping backpack? It wouldn't be hard...

I'll come back with more later, probably, those are just off the top.

Last edited by RagnarDanneskjold; 01-30-2014 at 01:50..
RagnarDanneskjold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:57   #27
Batesmotel

Baby strollers. I am only 5 ft 10 inch and they are too short for me to push without hunching over. When I have grandkids I am building extended handles.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:16   #28
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
My bedroom has a ceiling fan right next to an air vent in the ceiling. So the blades overlap the vent. When the fan is on and the air/heat kicks on, the air blows through the fan and makes an annoying noise.
I had the air vent in my bedroom moved shortly after I bought the house, for this exact reason.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:14   #29
Rabid Rabbit

Quote:

The Okie Corral

Every house I have ever lived in that had washer/dryer hookups, had the washer on the right, yet my washer door is hinged on the left and the dryer is hinged on the right, so the doors open into each other and I have to lift the laundry over the doors to put it into the dryer.
We had the same issue and just bought longer hoses for the washer and dryer. Washer on the left, dryer on the right. Next week I'm making a pedestal for the pair.
Rabid Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:25   #30
Jaykwish

Electronic emergency brakes, how the heck am I supposed to do e-brake slides into my driveway when I'm bringing my girlfriends son home from school? It's a disappointment.
Jaykwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:32   #31
walt cowan

toilets so low to the floor, you knees hit your chin.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:32   #32
Santa CruZin
RIP Mr. Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
COME ON FESS UP . you have climbed up there and did the darth vader

llllluuuuukkkke iiiiiii am yourrrrrrr fatherrrrrrrrrrrr
Guess what I'll be doing when I get home today.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:34   #33
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Sinks with motion sensors. They never work worth a crap. You have to continually wave one hand in front of the sensor while you rinse the other hand off then switch. We have them at work and they annoy the crap outta me.
Yup. I don't get these at all. Give me 5 seconds, for cry in out loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
wife wanted one of those at home , i put my foot down . lol
And then you shook it all about. . . because you were in the shower and had the same system installed.

Quote:
My buddies spare bedroom had the light switch in the normal spot on the right as you walk in the room. The problem was, the door opened to the right and you had to enter the room, go around the door to get to the switch. I think the builders were drunk. We replaced the frame and door with one that opens to the left.
Normally on the right???? Depends on the room. Of the 8 door'd rooms in my house, only. . . 3 (it was 4 before we split my old BR into a study and smaller BR and pulled the door off the frame) are right-side light switches. The rest are left due to location/door needs issues. OTOH, all my doors open the correct way to access the light switches.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:36   #34
F14Scott
CLM Number 283
Luggage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Rabbit View Post
We had the same issue and just bought longer hoses for the washer and dryer. Washer on the left, dryer on the right. Next week I'm making a pedestal for the pair.
Same. In fact, hooking up everything was much easier, since I wasn't trying to facilitate a six-inch dryer vent connection with the dryer in place. With the reversed positions, I attached the long washer hoses and left the washer pulled out. Then, I hooked up the flexible dryer hose to the dryer and then had plenty of room back there to bring it sideways to the wall. Then, I moved the dryer into its final position. Finally, I moved the washer into its final position. All that extra hose length means the hookup was easy, and I can easily pull out the appliances to clean the goo from behind them.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:37   #35
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:

The Okie Corral

Stop buying appliances from HD and Lowe's. Go to a real appliance store. They will get it right at the store, deliver it, set it up, show you how it works and make sure it is 100% before leaving.

I've got a 12 yr old Maytag Neptune I need to replace. I'm actually looking forward to it. LOL
Old 01-30-2014, 07:40   #36
F14Scott
CLM Number 283
Luggage

How about living in a global world without matched standards?

English v Metric measurments.
Different voltages, AC frequencies (60 and 50 Hz), and plug designs in every country.
Left-hand drive in some pretty big and neighborly countries.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:42   #37
glockdoc21

healthcare...fml. 30% off my salary now comes from "patient satisfaction" which generally involves giving people something they don't need (antibiotics, narcotics, etc). hospitals are becoming big vending machines, and we're held hostage by the government (withheld payments).
Old 01-30-2014, 07:45   #38
BigMoneyGrip

Tables that have 4 legs, none of them sit flat so they rock. All tables should have three legs and the problem is solved.

I've been in restaurants where the tables rocked so bad, you were scared to sit your drink down. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a deck of cards there to shim it up.
BigMoneyGrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:52   #39
goosem36
Lifetime Membership

IRS taxing system and government.
“He pled the cause of the afflicted and needy; Then it was well. Is not that what it means to know Me?” Declares the Lord. - Jeremiah 22:16
goosem36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:58   #40
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

Quote:

The Okie Corral
You're supposed to stack them upright, not on their sides...
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote