Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014, 18:06   #201
ICARRY2
NRA Life Member
 
ICARRY2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
What is wrong with this picture?

The Okie Corral



Every house I have ever lived in that had washer/dryer hookups, had the washer on the right, yet my washer door is hinged on the left and the dryer is hinged on the right, so the doors open into each other and I have to lift the laundry over the doors to put it into the dryer.
There's not a woman doing laundry for the big giant head.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
ICARRY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 18:09   #202
ICARRY2
NRA Life Member
 
ICARRY2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr20 View Post
Sinks with motion sensors. They never work worth a crap. You have to continually wave one hand in front of the sensor while you rinse the other hand off then switch. We have them at work and they annoy the crap outta me.
Call your facilities department. They can adjust the flow. We had this problem with the men's restroom near where I work. I was told it had to do with the amount of water flowing per something.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
ICARRY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 19:14   #203
barryinpa
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 39
My current bad design is the key with the chip in it for my 2011 F150. just recently had to have one replaced. they cost close to $300. and for me it is a stupid idea. just one more thing to go wrong and cost me money. can't see that the amount of stolen vehicles is high enough to inconvenience all the other owners with this.
Barry
barryinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:28   #204
sdsnet
CLM Number 43
NRA Member
 
sdsnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,760


I have the same washer/dryer (in white though) with the same door opening problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
What is wrong with this picture?

The Okie Corral


Every house I have ever lived in that had washer/dryer hookups, had the washer on the right, yet my washer door is hinged on the left and the dryer is hinged on the right, so the doors open into each other and I have to lift the laundry over the doors to put it into the dryer.
__________________
NRA Member
Black Rifle Club # 1995
Kalashnikov Klub # 1995
Ham Shack Club # 1995
Walther Club # 1995

-My username has nothing to do with Students for Democratic Society-
sdsnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:34   #205
Eric
Big Giant Head
 
Eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Posts: 25,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsnet View Post
I have the same washer/dryer (in white though) with the same door opening problem.
It's a great set. They do a very good job and I love the fact that a load of laundry takes the same amount of time in the washer or the dryer, so washed loads don't stack up in a queue, waiting on the dryer. I am a notorious washer overloader and this washer handles it fine.

The only annoying thing is the stupid MIDI music that they play when they are done, but it can be turned off. I don't use the drawers in the pedestals for much, but it puts the units at a good height and they were thrown into the deal for free, when I bought the set. They were running some sort of promotion. I wanted the sage green set, but the maroon was all they had left. The color has grown on me.

Damn. When did I get so old and/or boring that I gave a **** what kind of washer and dryer I had?
__________________
"Do you want gold? Women? Golden women?" ... - Tyrion Lannister
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:35   #206
Eric
Big Giant Head
 
Eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Posts: 25,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICARRY2 View Post
There's not a woman doing laundry for the big giant head.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
How do you know?
__________________
"Do you want gold? Women? Golden women?" ... - Tyrion Lannister
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:52   #207
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.
 
NeverMore1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Amarillo, Tx
Posts: 32,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
It's a great set. They do a very good job and I love the fact that a load of laundry takes the same amount of time in the washer or the dryer, so washed loads don't stack up in a queue, waiting on the dryer. I am a notorious washer overloader and this washer handles it fine.

The only annoying thing is the stupid MIDI music that they play when they are done, but it can be turned off. I don't use the drawers in the pedestals for much, but it puts the units at a good height and they were thrown into the deal for free, when I bought the set. They were running some sort of promotion. I wanted the sage green set, but the maroon was all they had left. The color has grown on me.

Damn. When did I get so old and/or boring that I gave a **** what kind of washer and dryer I had?
We've had the same set for almost four years now. Like them well enough that we bought the new version for the house we're building.
__________________
And if we should die tonight
We should all die together
Raise a glass of wine
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:05   #208
Eric
Big Giant Head
 
Eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Posts: 25,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
We've had the same set for almost four years now. Like them well enough that we bought the new version for the house we're building.
The only issue is the occasional fetid, sour smell they washer gets, but I understand that all modern front loading washers have that problem. I just run a load of whites through with some bleach, when it happens. I think its a little silly that they have come up with a product to run through the washer to get rid of the snell, when you can do it with a few cents of bleach and you get a load washed at the sane time.
__________________
"Do you want gold? Women? Golden women?" ... - Tyrion Lannister
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:25   #209
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.
 
NeverMore1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Amarillo, Tx
Posts: 32,205
I've just left the washer door cracked when not in use and haven't had any problems with the apparently common front loader smell.
__________________
And if we should die tonight
We should all die together
Raise a glass of wine
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:36   #210
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 43,366


Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
I've just left the washer door cracked when not in use and haven't had any problems with the apparently common front loader smell.
This for sure.
__________________
“If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is WITH representation.”

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:14   #211
Rabid Rabbit
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
The only issue is the occasional fetid, sour smell they washer gets, .
Keep the door open and you will never have the problem again.
Rabid Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:51   #212
SC Tiger
Some say...
 
SC Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZson View Post
Electric motors while using solar power to charge the batteries or using fuel cells.
In the 80s and 90s we already had cars that could go 50+ miles per-gallon now it takes a hybrid.
Do you know just adding a few more batteries to the Prius it can go up to 80-90 mpg? A co-worker of mine did it, says his car has been paying him back for a while.
Ford built the Ford Fiesta ECOnetic which get 60+mpg but will only release it in Europe? Which is funny because the old Festiva already got 50+mpg on the highway.
Others have covered the issue with mileage in modern cars (safety systems, emissions control, etc) but I will add that all the crap that is considered "standard" in many cars adds weight as well.

I don't know the math but I doubt solar panels could capture enough energy to run a car at highway speeds. The Prius uses solar panels (I think) to run some of the on-board electrical systems (AC, radio, etc).

Hydrogen Fuel Cells could have potential but the issue there is the same as CNG-powered cars but worse - infrastructure. You can get CNG a few places. Hydrogen is much less available.

But - the internal-combustion engine is terribly inefficient. The last figure I saw was 25-30% efficiency - meaning that 81% of the energy that is generated from burning the fuel is lost somewhere along the way (either to heat or friction - which still results in heat).

I have wondered about a turbine engine connected to a generator but I have no idea about the efficiency of a turbine besides the fact that it is at it's best at full power. The thought is that the electric motor and battery system would allow this system to still accelerate/decelerate like a normal car. A similar system is used on some earth-moving dump trucks (the ones that could squash a Volkswagen like it's a bug) using a Diesel IC engine and an electric generator. The Diesel runs at an RPM that maximizes its efficiency, and the variation is absorbed through the generator and battery systems.

However I also think turbine engines are very expensive to make.
__________________
Hug your barking irons as the Devil hugs a witch

Quote:
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Last edited by SC Tiger; 02-03-2014 at 14:58..
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:07   #213
SC Tiger
Some say...
 
SC Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
The only issue is the occasional fetid, sour smell they washer gets, but I understand that all modern front loading washers have that problem. I just run a load of whites through with some bleach, when it happens. I think its a little silly that they have come up with a product to run through the washer to get rid of the snell, when you can do it with a few cents of bleach and you get a load washed at the sane time.
I'm guessing people are a little scared of the bleach because it will hang around for the next cycle. But I would bet the "product" you put in is mostly bleach.

I run a cleaning cycle (bleach in the detergent, bleach and softener trays, on hot and all options selected) and then wash whites or towels after it just to be sure. But my machine is an 8-year-old Bosch and I think the newer machines don't have as much trouble with this.
__________________
Hug your barking irons as the Devil hugs a witch

Quote:
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:26   #214
InfoSec Guy
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Columbia MD
Posts: 32
why not just move the equipment? Longer hoses ARE a solution, you know...
InfoSec Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:32   #215
Eric
Big Giant Head
 
Eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Posts: 25,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
I'm guessing people are a little scared of the bleach because it will hang around for the next cycle. But I would bet the "product" you put in is mostly bleach.

I run a cleaning cycle (bleach in the detergent, bleach and softener trays, on hot and all options selected) and then wash whites or towels after it just to be sure. But my machine is an 8-year-old Bosch and I think the newer machines don't have as much trouble with this.
I have never had any damage or order caused by bleach used in a previous load of laundry that used it. It is a non-issue.
__________________
"Do you want gold? Women? Golden women?" ... - Tyrion Lannister
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:36   #216
Eric
Big Giant Head
 
Eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Posts: 25,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoSec Guy View Post
why not just move the equipment? Longer hoses ARE a solution, you know...
How do you know what is a viable option for my particular setup? I considered longer hoses, but it would have been more trouble than it was worth.
__________________
"Do you want gold? Women? Golden women?" ... - Tyrion Lannister
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:47   #217
SC Tiger
Some say...
 
SC Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I have never had any damage or order caused by bleach used in a previous load of laundry that used it. It is a non-issue.
I'm sure it is but I run a second cycle just to be sure.

As I say your machine appears to be more advanced than mine.
__________________
Hug your barking irons as the Devil hugs a witch

Quote:
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:56   #218
686Owner
NRA Life Member
 
686Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KY
Posts: 9,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoSec Guy View Post
why not just move the equipment? Longer hoses ARE a solution, you know...
Turns and length are the enemy when it comes to dryer hoses.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
686Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:02   #219
Eric
Big Giant Head
 
Eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Posts: 25,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
I'm sure it is but I run a second cycle just to be sure.

As I say your machine appears to be more advanced than mine.
Another very inexpensive product that will kill the bacteria causing the smell is Odoban. This stuff is highly concentrated and it kills bacteria, viruses, molds and mildew. It is a deodorizer and sanitizer. It can be purchased at Sam's Club, Walmart and Home Depot. It is a product that everyone should be aware of.

I had some friends that got a puppy at the local pound, in Phoenix. A few days later, it got sick and died of Parvo, which slipped right by the geniuses at the pound. We did a little research and what we found out about that virus was frightening.

Parvovirus can live in the soil of your yard for up to six months. It can even be picked up by a breeze and infect animals in neighboring yards. Scary stuff. After a little more research, we found out that properly diluted Odoban could kill the parvovirus in the soil, without harming any of the living plants or grasses. This is one of a million uses for this stuff.

Anyway, a little Odoban in a washer cycle will kill all the bad stuff.
__________________
"Do you want gold? Women? Golden women?" ... - Tyrion Lannister
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:55   #220
SC Tiger
Some say...
 
SC Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Another very inexpensive product that will kill the bacteria causing the smell is Odoban. This stuff is highly concentrated and it kills bacteria, viruses, molds and mildew. It is a deodorizer and sanitizer. It can be purchased at Sam's Club, Walmart and Home Depot. It is a product that everyone should be aware of.

I had some friends that got a puppy at the local pound, in Phoenix. A few days later, it got sick and died of Parvo, which slipped right by the geniuses at the pound. We did a little research and what we found out about that virus was frightening.

Parvovirus can live in the soil of your yard for up to six months. It can even be picked up by a breeze and infect animals in neighboring yards. Scary stuff. After a little more research, we found out that properly diluted Odoban could kill the parvovirus in the soil, without harming any of the living plants or grasses. This is one of a million uses for this stuff.

Anyway, a little Odoban in a washer cycle will kill all the bad stuff.
I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Ohub Campfire mobile app
__________________
Hug your barking irons as the Devil hugs a witch

Quote:
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:38.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,016
255 Members
761 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31