SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:45   #121
AirborneSurveyor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Unrealious View Post
Has the Wile E. Coyote ever caught the Road Runner?
Only once.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=KJJW7EF5aVk

A second time:

http://youtu.be/OQhOcDFbflQ
AirborneSurveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 14:18   #122
Sniff

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus unrealious View Post

There is a law that states every high school in new zealand may hold 1 pound of uranium and 1 pound of thorium, for conducting nuclear experiments, and will be fined $1,000,000 for a nuclear explosion.
b***s***
Sniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 16:40   #123
willie_pete
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniff View Post
b***s***
Yep, I really don't know where people come up with this stuff.

WP

NRA Instructor in Pistol, Advanced Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, PP In/Outside the Home, Metallic/Shotshell Reloading, Chief RSO, Certified Glock Armorer, NRA Life Member
willie_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 17:03   #124
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

There was a law that states every high school in new zealand may hold 1 pound of uranium and 1 pound of thorium, for conducting nuclear experiments, and will be fined $1,000,000 for a nuclear explosion.

Quote:
b***s***

Really? I don't post BS. You, however claim BS for public facts. While probably not exercised often even when valid, it is in fact a codified law. So where do you get your "BS" claims from? While repealed in 1992, it was still a law and is still on the books.

http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/p...html#DLM239284

As for the fine, you may read it in the code here:

http://legislation.govt.nz/act/publi...resel&p=1&sr=1

Now, say your sorry. History, especially within ones own country, is a great thing.

Marcus Aurelius

Last edited by Marcus Unrealious; 01-30-2014 at 17:19..
Marcus Unrealious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 17:04   #125
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie_pete View Post
Yep, I really don't know where people come up with this stuff.

WP
I will await your apology as well.

Thank you

As for other naysayers, I will await your challenges.

Marcus Aurelius

Last edited by Marcus Unrealious; 01-30-2014 at 17:06..
Old 01-30-2014, 17:13   #126
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

In Greece, the prime minister in 1830′s tried to spread the potato crop. People weren't interested so he put armed guards in front of all potatoes shipments to make people think they were important. People later started stealing the potatoes, which spread the crop to all of Greece.

Marcus Aurelius
Old 01-30-2014, 17:35   #127
Paul53
Geezer Boomer

It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

But only one to flip them off.
Old 01-30-2014, 18:04   #128
willie_pete
NRA Life Member

The law doesn't state "every high school".

It states ..."may be possessed and used for the purpose of instruction and of investigation as to the properties and effects of radioactive and like radiations..."

That's a big difference. I think I will stick with my original post.

WP

NRA Instructor in Pistol, Advanced Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, PP In/Outside the Home, Metallic/Shotshell Reloading, Chief RSO, Certified Glock Armorer, NRA Life Member
Old 01-30-2014, 21:00   #129
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

Quote:

It states ..."may be possessed and used for the purpose of instruction and of investigation as to the properties and effects of radioactive and like radiations..."

WP
I beg to differ.

Marcus Aurelius

Last edited by Marcus Unrealious; 01-30-2014 at 21:06..
Old 01-30-2014, 21:02   #130
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

Quote:

WP
Since it applied to all of the educational system that was covered the issue of an individual school choosing to or not is a different story. The fact is the law applied to all of them. If any "may possess and use for the purpose of instruction and investigation..." please explain how I am wrong.

I stand by my assertion, though I also stand by your right to deny it.

Just because something is on the internet doesn't make it wrong or false.

Marcus Aurelius

Last edited by Marcus Unrealious; 01-30-2014 at 21:15..
Old 01-30-2014, 21:10   #131
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

If space is truly infinite and has an isotopic matter distribution, then probability dictates that there is an exact copy of you in the universe within 10 to the 10^28 meters of you, due to the finite possible arrangements of matter.

Pop entertainer Cathy Wayne was the first Australian woman killed in the Vietnam War, when a US Marine shot her on stage while she was performing. He had been aiming for his commanding officer and missed.

Marcus Aurelius
Old 01-30-2014, 21:16   #132
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

Stephen Hawking threw a party for time-travelers in June 28, 2009. He had announced the party the day after it happened. According to Hawking, none came.

Chinese consume 10,000 cigarettes every second.

There is no federal law banning civilians from owning and using flamethrowers .

Marcus Aurelius

Last edited by Marcus Unrealious; 01-30-2014 at 21:18..
Old 01-30-2014, 22:37   #133
willie_pete
NRA Life Member

Quote:
The term "The whole 9 yards" came from WWII fighter pilots in the Pacific.When arming their airplanes on the ground, the .50 caliber machine gun ammo belts measured exactly 27 feet, before being loaded into the fuselage. If the pilots fired all their ammo at a target, it got "the whole 9 yards."
Well, were you wrong about this one?

WP

Old 01-31-2014, 00:35   #134
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

The word "salary" originates from Roman Legionnaires, who were originally paid in rations of salt. The "salarium" referred to the weekly distribution of salt to the troops by their Centurians.

Later on, Roman troops were paid in small gold coins or equivalent 5 gram shares of gold nuggets known as "solidus". From this form of payment comes the term "soldier".

May you have food and raiment, a soft pillow for your head, and may you be forty years in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead! - Old Irish Toast
tsmo1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 00:37   #135
Sniff

Quote:
There was a law that states every high school in new zealand may hold 1 pound of uranium and 1 pound of thorium, for conducting nuclear experiments, and will be fined $1,000,000 for a nuclear explosion.

Really? I don't post BS. You, however claim BS for public facts. While probably not exercised often even when valid, it is in fact a codified law. So where do you get your "BS" claims from? While repealed in 1992, it was still a law and is still on the books.

As for the fine, you may read it in the code here:

http://legislation.govt.nz/act/publi...resel&p=1&sr=1

Now, say your sorry. History, especially within ones own country, is a great thing.
OK. I'm sorry.

Sniff
Sniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:32   #136
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
No, the statement was a person cannot lick THEIR OWN elbow. Didn't say anything about licking other people's elbows, pipe elbows, elbow grease, or elbow macaroni.

All of which I am sure Miley has licked.
I know what the statement was. I was making a joke about Miley's tongue being long enough to reach HER OWN elbow.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:06   #137
ShallNotBeInfringed
NRA Business Al

Quote:
I keep finding out things I never knew before. Some are interesting, some I wish I didn't know. Here is one, as an example.

Interesting
In ancient times, when being attacked by war elephants, pigs were used to break up the attack. The elephants were distressed by their squealing and so they would break formation and run.

Wish I didn't know
They also used flaming pigs as catapult loads, where the pigs on fire would be sent over the walls to start interior fires on the wooden structures.

What can you share with me to amaze and amuse?
You could shoot flaming pigs at elephants and really break up the party.

sent from my rotary wall phone
ShallNotBeInfringed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:44   #138
ShallNotBeInfringed
NRA Business Al

Bath is not a body wash, it is a unit.of measure. 5.5 gallons?

A single glass window has one molecule. A triple pane window would have three.

Glass is not a solid, it is a liquid. Over a hundred years, building Windows will be thicker at the bottoms, because the glass runs down.

The majority of business men that opposed the Fed banking system that was adopted by the USA in 1914, died on the Titanic , and were the guest of JP Morgan, who owned the ship, and wanted the new banking system. Morgan got off the ship minutes before it sailed away. Morgan also owned the Californian, which was waiting, not under sail, only a couple miles away. Only cargo on board? 3,000 blankets.

The inventor of the camera used on the moon landings, hasselblad, says they have no idea how NASA took some of the photographs they took. They stop short of offering any suggestions, but act rather puzzled.

Female Alligators left in isolation for years, will sometimes spontaneously give birth with no male involved.

A gallon of white indoor wall paint, will get a shade whittier if you place one drop of black paint in it, before you shake it up to use it.

You have a lessor chance of being shot by hunters if you wear orange clothing, but a greater risk of being eaten by wildlife.

A dove flying over the Midwest, can hear the ocean waves hitting the beach from the west coast and east coast, and the gulf of Mexico.

The man who killed the Corvair for being unsafe, Ralph Nador, has never driven a car, and has never had a driver's licence.

Teddy Roosevelt on a hunting trip, with a friend, reported encountering a Big Foot in his presidential papers.

Almost nothing sticks to the leaves of an elephant ear plant. Honey rolls off without a trace.

Sneezing or coughing will not infect or inoculate others readily if the infected person deep breaths saline mist into their nose and mouth. Transmission is reduced dramatically for several hours, and can be repeated.

The United States patient office once closed for an extended period of time around the turn of the century. Reason being? They said nothing significant could be invented, we had everything already.

Marconi did not event the wireless radio. Edison did not reinvent alternating current That we use to power houses and businesses. Nikola Tesla did.

sent from my rotary wall phone

Last edited by ShallNotBeInfringed; 01-31-2014 at 05:46..
ShallNotBeInfringed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:11   #139
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

Quote:
Well, were you wrong about this one?

WP

This one is very subjective, that is true. The whole 9 yards could have originated with the the textile industry, as the finest suits required 9 yards of materials to keep the fabric weave running in the same direction. But the most common phrase that came from it was one being "dressed to the 9's" indicating a high level of quality.

But the term "whole 9 yards" itself is not really documented prior to WWII. But it was commonly used in WWII. So there is no hard evidence that it was a textile originated phrase. But that doesn't mean it couldn't be.

What it does mean is that the most common application, and first documented uses were military related. Thus, the most probable origin was military related. I could be wrong on this one, and you could be right. Any reference you can provide me would be great, as I am always open to expanding my knowledge. It would be impossible that I am so smart that I could never be wrong, which I would like to correct if I can!

My referance piece is: http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/t...ine-yards.html

Marcus Aurelius
Old 01-31-2014, 06:13   #140
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

Quote:
OK. I'm sorry.

Sniff
Thank you sir, you are a gentleman.

Marcus Aurelius