Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:51   #101
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

In 2001 Pizza Hut made a delivery to the International Space Station. Russians were paid $1 million to transport the Pizza.

'Live Free or Die' is the slogan on New Hampshire license plates. They are made by prisoners in the state prison in Concord.

Two days before they signed off on the Constitution in 1787, the 55 delegates to the Constitutional Convention gathered in a tavern. The preserved bill from the evening shows they drank 54 bottles of Madeira, 60 bottles of claret, eight of whiskey, 22 of porter, eight of hard cider, 12 of beer and seven bowls of alcoholic punch.
Marcus Unrealious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:21   #102
nursetim

Very cool VinnieD, thanks for posting.

Off subject, are supressors NFA items for air rifles?
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:38   #103
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

The United Nations has formed a contingency plan in case aliens directly contact us.

A buttload really is a measure of volume. One buttload is equal to 126 gallons. So next time you say you have a buttload of something....

In 2005, Iraqi terrorists held an action figure hostage and tried to claim that it was a U.S. Soldier.

The Okie Corral

Last edited by Marcus Unrealious; 01-29-2014 at 12:40..
Old 01-29-2014, 12:41   #104
SC Tiger
Some say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Unrealious View Post
The United Nations has formed a contingency plan in case aliens directly contact us.

A buttload really is a measure of volume. One buttload is equal to 126 gallons. So next time you say you have a buttload of something....

In 2005, Iraqi terrorists held an action figure hostage and tried to claim that it was a U.S. Soldier.

The Okie Corral
Was it one of those new 3-foot tall ones? Because those things creep me out a little bit.

Nevermind - now I see the picture.

Quote:
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Last edited by SC Tiger; 01-29-2014 at 12:41..
SC Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 13:23   #105
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

President Lincoln formed the Secret Service on the same day that he was assassinated.

Evian (the bottled water) spelled backwards is "naive.

For beer commercials, they add liquid detergent to the beer to make it foam more.

Marcus Aurelius
Old 01-29-2014, 13:38   #106
fx77
CLM Number 232
Charter Lifetime Member

Indoor Ice Rink Ice is 22 degrees F
fx77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 13:57   #107
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

The only photos taken at the time of Robert Kennedy was shot were seized by the LAPD. A judge ordered them sealed for 20 years. When they were finally set to be released, they were somehow stolen from the car of the courier transporting them.

Marcus Aurelius
Old 01-29-2014, 14:20   #108
SC Tiger
Some say...

Food in advertisements would be inedible if you tried to eat it - for example with fast food, burgers are cooked just enough to get a color and the "grill marks" are added artificially and the fries are raw.

Quote:
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 14:24   #109
Santa CruZin
RIP Mr. Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
Food in advertisements would be inedible if you tried to eat it - for example with fast food, burgers are cooked just enough to get a color and the "grill marks" are added artificially and the fries are raw.
When I visited Japan on business, the restaurants often had displays of their plated foods in glass cases along the sidewalk. I was told it's all artificial, and big business in Japan. It looked absolutely real, right down to the texture of the Miso soup and sashimi pieces. Fortunately the restaurant menus also had photos to go with the descriptions I couldn't read, so between that and the window displays I could point at, I didn't go hungry.

The detail in those phony plates of food was impressive.
Old 01-29-2014, 14:34   #110
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Legend has long held that the British will be forced to relinquish control of Gibraltar when the Macaques that inhabit that land mass die off. It just so happens that during WWII, a plague wiped out most of the macaques on Gibraltar and left the British Garrison on that strategic land mass terrified that they were about to be blasted off of that rock.

So bad did these fears and resulting morale problems become among British soldiers stationed there that Winston Churchill personally authorized several dozen top secret flights from North Africa to airlift in planeloads of new Macaques and keep the Gibraltar population going.

May you have food and raiment, a soft pillow for your head, and may you be forty years in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead! - Old Irish Toast
tsmo1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 18:26   #111
vettely

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie_pete View Post
I wonder where some of you are getting you "obscure facts" from?

WP
This is a fun book

Old 01-29-2014, 18:45   #112
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
Saw a show where they were making a roast turkey photo shoot. Raw turkey was airbrushed. They sliced it and used a steamer to cook the first mm of meat. Ewwww.
Old 01-29-2014, 20:13   #113
Acujeff

The Frank Capra film "It's a Wonderful Life" (1946) was a box office disappointment when it played in theatres. Movie goers were more interested in seeing movies about the war such as William Wyler's The Best Years of Our Lives (1946),

For the scene that required Donna Reed to throw a rock into the window of the Granville House, Frank Capra hired a marksman to shoot it out for her on cue. To everyone's amazement, Donna Reed broke the window with true aim and heft without the assistance of the hired marksman. Reed had played baseball in high school and had a strong throwing arm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Get free NRA-ILA legislative and RKBA e-mail alerts:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Acujeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 20:50   #114
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines.

Greta Friedman from the kissing sailor photo didn't want to be kissed. “It wasn’t my choice to be kissed, The guy just came over and grabbed me"

Pablo Picasso’s full name is Pablo Diego Jose Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno Maria de los Remedios Crispiniano de la Santisima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso

Marcus Aurelius
Old 01-29-2014, 21:33   #115
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

In 1961 a B-52 carrying several nuclear bombs broke up in flight over North Carolina. Most of its bombs were destroyed on breakup, but one bomb, a 4 megaton monster, actually deployed. It fell to Earth with all of it's arming switches activated, except for one low voltage dynamo switch that failed to engage in spite of a firing signal being sent to it when the bomb hit the ground.

Had that bomb ground-detonated under the atmospheric conditions that existed that day, it would have deposited lethal amounts of radioactive fallout as far away as Washington, D.C. and even New York.

May you have food and raiment, a soft pillow for your head, and may you be forty years in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead! - Old Irish Toast

Last edited by tsmo1066; 01-29-2014 at 21:38..
Old 01-29-2014, 22:30   #116
Greatscott

Bob Marley's father was a white man!
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:55   #117
Haldor
Retired EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Unrealious View Post
Artificial Raspberry flavor is milked from the anal glands of a beaver.
And it is listed as a "Natural" flavoring.

http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/castoreum.asp

I absolutely love this one.

Anatidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.

Somehow I imagine this is not a common phobia.
Guys! Guys! He's down! Stop kicking him! If he shows up on another thread, Tasers are indicated, but for now, let him slink off into the shadows to lick his wounds and ponder how deeply cool and misunderstood he is!
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.
Haldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:59   #118
Santa CruZin
RIP Mr. Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldor View Post
Anatidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.

Somehow I imagine this is not a common phobia.
Speak for yourself, buddy!

Last edited by Santa CruZin; 01-30-2014 at 12:14..
Santa CruZin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:11   #119
willie_pete
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmo1066 View Post
Most of its bombs were destroyed on breakup, but one bomb, a 4 megaton monster, actually deployed. .
That's not a monster;
<===== that's a monster

WP

NRA Instructor in Pistol, Advanced Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, PP In/Outside the Home, Metallic/Shotshell Reloading, Chief RSO, Certified Glock Armorer, NRA Life Member

Last edited by willie_pete; 01-30-2014 at 12:13..
willie_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:30   #120
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie_pete View Post
That's not a monster;
<===== that's a monster

WP
LOL! I guess it's all relative, but personally I wouldn't want to be anywhere downwind from EITHER of them should one of them go "bang!".

Last edited by tsmo1066; 01-30-2014 at 12:33..

Tags
obscure