Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-09-2014, 17:11   #1001
willie_pete
NRA Life Member

Holly Hunter is on the cover of a Serbian Biology Textbook.

WP

NRA Instructor in Pistol, Advanced Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, PP In/Outside the Home, Metallic/Shotshell Reloading, Chief RSO, Certified Glock Armorer, NRA Life Member
willie_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 17:20   #1002
Berto
woo woo

Our recently departed Pete Seeger was responsible for the song, Way Out There....best known for the yodeling soundtrack in Raising Arizona.
Old 03-09-2014, 19:08   #1003
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Is that number counting what we consider citizens to be or what they considered citizens to be?
LOL. They

Marcus Aurelius
Marcus Unrealious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 19:10   #1004
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

17% of those who have a permanent tattoo regret getting it.

There’s a doll that poops and says “Sniff sniff, I made a stinky!”

An average 4 year old will ask about 200 questions a day.

Take two straws and place them in your mouth. Put the end of one in a glass of water, and leave the other exposed to the air. You will not be able to get enough vacuum to drink.

Mortal Combat was refused release by Australia.

Mothers Day was recognized by Congress in 1914.

Marcus Aurelius
Old 03-09-2014, 19:13   #1005
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

There really is a village in Austria named this:

The Okie Corral

Human gene matched to other organisms:
Cat: 90%
Cow: 80%
Mouse: 75%
Fruit Fly: 60%
Banana: 50%

Charles Voyde Harrelson (July 23, 1938 – March 15, 2007) was an American organized crime figure who was convicted of assassinating federal judge John H. Wood, Jr., the first federal judge killed in the 20th century. He was also Woody Harrelson's dad.

Marcus Aurelius
Old 03-09-2014, 19:14   #1006
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

I've met some folks that are 100% banana.
Old 03-09-2014, 20:36   #1007
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

A man and women lived for over 50 years in seclusion on a mountain top in a cave so they could be together. He hand carved 6000 steps into the mountain side so she could get down more easily.

When people lie, they tend to look up to their left. So if you’re lying, look to the upper right…..

There is a website to help you get your FBI, CIA or DEA file. Of course, if they don’t have one on you, they might afterwards…

About 40 billion songs are illegally downloaded each year.

In 2011, the UN declared internet access to be a basic human right.

Marcus Aurelius
Old 03-09-2014, 20:45   #1008
nursetim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Unrealious View Post

In 2011, the UN declared internet access to be a basic human right.
Does this mean I can get you saps to pay my cable bill? Is education a right as well? How about driving? How about food? Internet a right my furry sack. Is the UN going to provide internet to everyone then? I want that 300gb/s internet.
Old 03-09-2014, 21:06   #1009
wrx04

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursetim View Post
Does this mean I can get you saps to pay my cable bill? Is education a right as well? How about driving? How about food? Internet a right my furry sack. Is the UN going to provide internet to everyone then? I want that 300gb/s internet.
I get your point, BUT....

Internet gives people access to info/education that they wouldnt have access to otherwise. The internet is arguably the most important invention ever. It really does aid in the advancement of society as a whole.

It instantly provides real time data of current events, along with communication, education, etc... It gives poor people or those of third world countries the access to harvard level courses for free. Pretty impressive.

After reading the book "Abundance", i realized some of these things. It also helped understand the reasoning behind "obama-phone" which i thought was ridiculous as well.
wrx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 21:19   #1010
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx04 View Post
I get your point, BUT....

Internet gives people access to info/education that they wouldnt have access to otherwise. The internet is arguably the most important invention ever. It really does aid in the advancement of society as a whole.

It instantly provides real time data of current events, along with communication, education, etc... It gives poor people or those of third world countries the access to harvard level courses for free. Pretty impressive.

After reading the book "Abundance", i realized some of these things. It also helped understand the reasoning behind "obama-phone" which i thought was ridiculous as well.
You forgot to mention that they get access to all the pron they could ever want.

But it all comes down to the question of "who is going to pay for it?"
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 21:23   #1011
wrx04

Quote:
You forgot to mention that they get access to all the pron they could ever want.

Haha. True on both counts.

"We" will undoubtedly pay for it. But "We" also pay for a whole bunch of crap that we shouldn't be paying for......this one might be worth paying for.
wrx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 22:49   #1012
bobtheelf

Quote:
Donald Duck cartons were at one time banned in Finland because he didn't wear pants.
http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/finland.asp
bobtheelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:24   #1013
czsmithGT

Quote:

No one has to pay for it, silly. The government will provide it for free!
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:29   #1014
czsmithGT

Quote:
In Japan, they have ‘glowing firefly squids that glow as they are pushed up to the shore.

The Okie Corral
Looks like Fukushima wasn't all bad.
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:46   #1015
Blast
'nuff said

Old 03-10-2014, 04:49   #1016
johnson8861
Daddo Chomper

Quote:
Gotta think globally on this one, not Californisian. China has cities with basically none. Not just domestic!
city

noun (Concise Encyclopedia)
Relatively permanent and highly organized centre of population, of greater size or importance than a town or village. The first cities appeared in Neolithic times when the development of agricultural techniques assured surplus crop yields large enough to sustain a permanent population. Ancient Greece saw the creation of the city-state, a form also important in the emergence of the Roman empire as well as the medieval Italian trading centers of Venice, Genoa, and Florence. After the Middle Ages, cities came increasingly under the political control of centralized government and served the interests of the nation-state. The Industrial Revolution further transformed city life, as factory cities blossomed rapidly in England, northwestern Europe, and the northeastern U.S. By the mid-20th century, 30–60% of a country’s population might be living in its major urban centers. With the rise of the automobile came the growth of suburbs and urban sprawl, as factories, offices, and residences erected in earlier periods became aged and obsolete. Today many cities suffer from lack of adequate housing, sanitation, recreational space, and transportation facilities, and face problems of inner-city decay or burgeoning shantytowns. Local governments have sought to alleviate these problems through urban planning
Pretty much tells me a city cannot contain a population of 1, however a village, or maybe a town can.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:04   #1017
airmotive
Tin Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
I've met some folks that are 100% banana.
John Holmes?
Old 03-10-2014, 06:08   #1018
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

Scared of Heaven? You have Ouranophobia.

AOL made 80% of its revenues last year off of senior citizens. How long have you had that AOL email address???

The modified osteo-odonto-keratoprosthesis procedure plants part of an eyetooth into the eye to help restore vision.

Kids in IUreland leave Guinness for Santa Clause.

About 1,200,000 mosquitoes could drain a human of blood.

Marcus Aurelius
Old 03-10-2014, 07:08   #1019
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
When people lie, they tend to look up to their left. So if you’re lying, look to the upper right…..
Your left or mine? Maybe everyone you think is lying is telling the truth and vice versa.

Quote:
About 1,200,000 mosquitoes could drain a human of blood.
I remember a Nature or some other PBS show where skeeters only come out a short period of time. They swarm livestock and can kill them overnight from loss of blood.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:48   #1020
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson8861 View Post
city

noun (Concise Encyclopedia)
Relatively permanent and highly organized centre of population, of greater size or importance than a town or village. The first cities appeared in Neolithic times when the development of agricultural techniques assured surplus crop yields large enough to sustain a permanent population. Ancient Greece saw the creation of the city-state, a form also important in the emergence of the Roman empire as well as the medieval Italian trading centers of Venice, Genoa, and Florence. After the Middle Ages, cities came increasingly under the political control of centralized government and served the interests of the nation-state. The Industrial Revolution further transformed city life, as factory cities blossomed rapidly in England, northwestern Europe, and the northeastern U.S. By the mid-20th century, 30–60% of a country’s population might be living in its major urban centers. With the rise of the automobile came the growth of suburbs and urban sprawl, as factories, offices, and residences erected in earlier periods became aged and obsolete. Today many cities suffer from lack of adequate housing, sanitation, recreational space, and transportation facilities, and face problems of inner-city decay or burgeoning shantytowns. Local governments have sought to alleviate these problems through urban planning
Pretty much tells me a city cannot contain a population of 1, however a village, or maybe a town can.
Ah, the good old fashioned dictionary definition used by a good old fashioned harda...

What you fail to realize is that in today's society town/villiage/city are all synonymous with one another, and you can't try to be all cool and technical by breaking them apart.

Way to be super duper fancy trying to prove someone wrong and only making yourself look like a tool.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
obscure