GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:43   #61
elsolo

If American insurance companies started to require Dashcams like they do in Russia, the servers at YouTube would crash from being overloaded with so much stupid.
elsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 13:53   #62
larry_minn
Silver Membership

Please note I am using your post because its so easy. You are NOT the only one with anger issues. Sadly its common in this country. I have been amazed many times when taking pass... They comment how I don't use horn, curse, scream, flip folks off.... I don't let anger cloud my judgement when driving. (or most other areas)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post
I..........1. Over the road truckers. After being run off the road on the interstate last summer near Tucson by a semi, I now actively f--k with them while on the road. ........

4. Me, because I still drive like I was living in Germany - which means way too fast. There's nothing inherently wrong with driving fast if your fellow drivers drive sensibly, but sadly, in America, they don't. In Germany, I could count on other drivers not to tail gate, not to pass on the right and to give way to overtaking traffic. That's a laughable expectation here.
Please seek help. You are a danger to yourself and others. As you have no issue deciding for others. I will say you and others should NOT be allowed to drive a car in public, or own a firearm. You clearly not only have anger issues, BUT poor decision making skills. REVENGE and "getting even" sound to be something you (and others on this thread) live for.

So "After being run off the road on the interstate last summer near Tucson by a semi" You decided to activly go after ALL trucks. That to me says your pic should come up under "ROAD RAGE"

You have the common anti gun mentality. "This is the way it in in other countries so it should be law here"

Right now truck driving is NOT a big moneymaker. Its not easy, it can be hard on the body, mind. Companies PUSH drivers to make miles, deliveries. I would NOT care to make it a career. I drove for one summer, limited since then.

I also had one truck DRIVER (try to)use size of his truck to get me out of his way. I got info off his truck, called company. It was not first call they said on him. I was told he was done. I suggested they work with him, they said he is gone. (I tried to feel bad/couldn't)

Sorry was wrong on physical. I didn't need one for yrs, got one 2013, didn't look at it. I also forgot drug tests. You get phone call from company and have to be in Dr.s Office that day. (other companies may have longer) Plus my understanding is the STATE DMV can order drug tests of CDL's (and not just after a accident) My cousin has had two (random) drug test by state. He get notification and has to be in for test in 3 days max. (or proof he is out of state, has test done there) I don't know anything else regarding that..

I just find it amazing how many here want to limit careers of others.. Some suggestions would increase costs to point many more quality drivers would quit. (so more younger, driving school grads who will do ANYTHING to keep job will take over). Such as drive unsafe trucks, go way over hrs, Use stimulants to keep awake, drive with no insurance....

I was offered a drive to TN. It would have been fun. I wanted to do it legal, got my health card, paperwork. The company wanted to do it "off the books" So I didn't go. They got somone else who would just drive. (I guess)

Regards dash cams. Many drivers are getting them. Most accidents are caused by 4 wheelers. The Police (like most here) look at truck first. Do you know EVERY truck driver who is involved in accident with injuries expects to have drug test done. Even clearly at fault incidents.

Good friend of mine was on (wide) single lane bridge, van parked to side, 3 people by it. He was able to get past, comes upon a walker on side. As he goes by the walker runs infront of truck. DRT. Police come, the walkers friends say walker was going to kill self, said he would jump infront of first truck........
My friend still had to do FST, hauled in for drug tests, questioned....
larry_minn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 13:57   #63
jakebrake
cracker

Hasidics in Lakewood new jersey are the worst I have ever seen.

anyone who lives near Lakewood, please chime in.

and, we truckers love all of you clowns that text and drive and run under our front ends.

nothing as enjoyable as paperwork because of an idiot in a car that can't pay attention.
Old 01-25-2014, 13:59   #64
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT View Post
I've seen this in European countries and I think it works pretty well.
move there.
Old 01-25-2014, 14:03   #65
AZLawDawg
Oh, Oh, Oh!!

Teenagers, the elderly and Arizonans.
Old 01-25-2014, 14:03   #66
bear62

There are bad drivers everywhere ........ Some of the worst offenders are those who FOLLOW TOO CLOSE.....
Old 01-25-2014, 14:09   #67
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear62 View Post
There are bad drivers everywhere ........ Some of the worst offenders are those who FOLLOW TOO CLOSE.....
notice that they are typically looking down, texting at the time?
Old 01-25-2014, 14:17   #68
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_minn View Post
Please note I am using your post because its so easy. You are NOT the only one with anger issues. Sadly its common in this country. I have been amazed many times when taking pass... They comment how I don't use horn, curse, scream, flip folks off.... I don't let anger cloud my judgement when driving. (or most other areas)

Please seek help. You are a danger to yourself and others. As you have no issue deciding for others. I will say you and others should NOT be allowed to drive a car in public, or own a firearm. You clearly not only have anger issues, BUT poor decision making skills. REVENGE and "getting even" sound to be something you (and others on this thread) live for.
<<<<SNIP>>>>>

I just find it amazing how many here want to limit careers of others..
So you complain about other people wanting to limit careers of other people yet you determine by yourself who should should even be able to drive a car in public and even more you want to be the judge of who can exercise a constitutionally protected right? That seems more than a little hypocritical doesnt it?

BTW, what are your qualifications that allow you to judge the mental stability of a person involuntarily take rights from them? Well, lets just get basic, where did you recieve your Psy.D. from?
I never agreed to be
Your holy one
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 14:56   #69
GVFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_minn View Post

So "After being run off the road on the interstate last summer near Tucson by a semi" You decided to activly go after ALL trucks. That to me says your pic should come up under "ROAD RAGE"

You have the common anti gun mentality. "This is the way it in in other countries so it should be law here"

Right now truck driving is NOT a big moneymaker. Its not easy, it can be hard on the body, mind. Companies PUSH drivers to make miles, deliveries. I would NOT care to make it a career. I drove for one summer, limited since then.

I also had one truck DRIVER (try to)use size of his truck to get me out of his way. I got info off his truck, called company. It was not first call they said on him. I was told he was done. I suggested they work with him, they said he is gone. (I tried to feel bad/couldn't)

Sorry was wrong on physical. I didn't need one for yrs, got one 2013, didn't look at it. I also forgot drug tests. You get phone call from company and have to be in Dr.s Office that day. (other companies may have longer) Plus my understanding is the STATE DMV can order drug tests of CDL's (and not just after a accident) My cousin has had two (random) drug test by state. He get notification and has to be in for test in 3 days max. (or proof he is out of state, has test done there) I don't know anything else regarding that..

I just find it amazing how many here want to limit careers of others.. Some suggestions would increase costs to point many more quality drivers would quit. (so more younger, driving school grads who will do ANYTHING to keep job will take over). Such as drive unsafe trucks, go way over hrs, Use stimulants to keep awake, drive with no insurance....

I was offered a drive to TN. It would have been fun. I wanted to do it legal, got my health card, paperwork. The company wanted to do it "off the books" So I didn't go. They got somone else who would just drive. (I guess)

Regards dash cams. Many drivers are getting them. Most accidents are caused by 4 wheelers. The Police (like most here) look at truck first. Do you know EVERY truck driver who is involved in accident with injuries expects to have drug test done. Even clearly at fault incidents.

Good friend of mine was on (wide) single lane bridge, van parked to side, 3 people by it. He was able to get past, comes upon a walker on side. As he goes by the walker runs infront of truck. DRT. Police come, the walkers friends say walker was going to kill self, said he would jump infront of first truck........
My friend still had to do FST, hauled in for drug tests, questioned....
Nice rant, with completely rational conclusions and recommended solutions. Who has anger issues?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
GVFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 15:08   #70
jtull7
Pistolero

New Mexico. The state has no inspection law, because if it did, about 80% of the vehicles would (should?) be off the road. Very few have a driver's license. Very few have insurance.

NM has the highest rate of DWI fatalities in the US. No one, except a drunk, drives after about 8:00 pm on a weekend or a holiday, because by that time about 60% of the cars on the road are being driven by drunks. It is a mess.

Every day I face Ogden, Utah, and pray that God might bless John Moses Browning.

Outpost Member #69 I collect and shoot many fine firearms. CCW: NM, CT, and NH. N5JHT. WFR. Former LEO. SAR. Bilateral trans-tibial amputee. Survivor of bubonic plague. Tough sum-*****.
jtull7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 15:13   #71
GVFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
So you complain about other people wanting to limit careers of other people yet you determine by yourself who should should even be able to drive a car in public and even more you want to be the judge of who can exercise a constitutionally protected right? That seems more than a little hypocritical doesn't it?

BTW, what are your qualifications that allow you to judge the mental stability of a person involuntarily take rights from them? Well, lets just get basic, where did you receive your Psy.D. from?
I wonder if he has any idea how many times a year the holder of an Airline Transport Pilot license is evaluated physically, psychologically and for required skills?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
GVFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 16:35   #72
costanza187
I like Macs

I was gonna say Tennessee, but I am sure every locale has their gripes...
Old 01-25-2014, 16:59   #73
sputnik767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykwish View Post
Old people are dangerous in cars you can't persuade me otherwise, how old are you?
I would have to disagree with you here. Yes, old people have slower reaction times and are probably more easily confused, especially in a new area, which is why most of them tend to drive slower. And yes, some people don't age as well as others and should not be on the road. But overall, I do not believe that old people are the ones ruining the roads for other drivers and causing most of the accidents. I think they are just part of the problem...just like people who eat and drive, drink and drive, talk on the phone and drive, people who barely passed their driving test on their 10th try, people who are distracted by their kid in the back, people who are in a hurry, etc. We are all human and are all susceptible to making a mistake. I am used to driving in NYC and NJ. If you drive with me, from the outside it may look like I am more of a dangerous driver. But I drive the way the area and other other drivers dictate, and have never even had a speeding ticket, much less an accident. I've had close calls, some were my fault, some were not.
sputnik767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 17:18   #74
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick C View Post
We do it just to pizz you off. It’s actually on the renewal exam for folks over 60 (super secret). If you answer “(b) let them pass” then the applicant has to take an eye exam. All of us know to answer “(c) slow down.” Guaranteed automatic renewal.
Another answer is "(a) use your turn signals" and so lots of senior citizens do so, all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykwish View Post
Old people are dangerous in cars you can't persuade me otherwise, how old are you?
The fact of the matter is that insurance companies charge much higher premiums to younger drivers compared to older drivers, because they know by empirical data and actuarial experience who is more likely to cause expensive mayhem.

Calm down, it's only math. Don't rage about it.
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 17:24   #75
Direwolf131

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgraywolf View Post
Drive anything commercially for a while and you'll get a pretty good picture of who the worst drivers are.

Yes indeed, cell phone captivated females own the top spot in my largely anecdotal opinion, followed closely by your average stupid teenager.

Traveling i94 west from Madison to the twin cities is always an eye opener, speed limit is a posted 65 mph, yet 75 mph or less will get you aggressively tailgated, and I mean aggressively, they'll be 5 yards off your back end and gesturing.
Direwolf131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 17:32   #76
sputnik767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf131 View Post
Yes indeed, cell phone captivated females own the top spot in my largely anecdotal opinion, followed closely by your average stupid teenager.

Traveling i94 west from Madison to the twin cities is always an eye opener, speed limit is a posted 65 mph, yet 75 mph or less will get you aggressively tailgated, and I mean aggressively, they'll be 5 yards off your back end and gesturing.
Well, I'm going to assume that you are in the left lane when that happens. It is a passing lane, so it doesn't matter how fast you're going. If someone wants to go faster, move over. I get this all the time on I95 in northern NJ. I'll be going 70 in a 55 in the left and I'll see a BWM fly up behind me. I'll move over as soon as I am able to. If they are tailgating you in the right lane, screw 'em.
sputnik767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 17:56   #77
Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
Well, I'm going to assume that you are in the left lane when that happens. It is a passing lane, so it doesn't matter how fast you're going. If someone wants to go faster, move over. I get this all the time on I95 in northern NJ. I'll be going 70 in a 55 in the left and I'll see a BWM fly up behind me. I'll move over as soon as I am able to. If they are tailgating you in the right lane, screw 'em.
+1
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 18:02   #78
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Quote:
Originally Posted by harper View Post
+1
+2

ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 18:04   #79
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Number two on the list has to be women in carmel Indiana.
Old 01-25-2014, 18:06   #80
Hauptmann6

Send a message via AIM to Hauptmann6 Send a message via MSN to Hauptmann6 Send a message via Yahoo to Hauptmann6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick C View Post
Please expound on how old people have screwed up and endangered your family during your daily driving experience.
Every time I have been hit while driving or in a parking lot it was by a blue hair that couldn't see over the wheel. Hell I got hit on my bike by an old lady who waved and then hit the gas right into me. I rode her hood across the street and fell of when she stopped. She then drove away.
The only things that last forever
Are memories and sorrow
Hauptmann6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
elderly truckers, germany again...