Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-24-2014, 20:45   #21
Rick C
affiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykwish View Post
Old people in my area, anyone old enough to draw in social security should have to retake their drivers test.
We do it just to pizz you off. It’s actually on the renewal exam for folks over 60 (super secret). If you answer “(b) let them pass” then the applicant has to take an eye exam. All of us know to answer “(c) slow down.” Guaranteed automatic renewal.

Last edited by Rick C; 01-24-2014 at 20:48..
Rick C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 20:50   #22
Jaykwish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick C View Post
We do it just to pizz you off. It’s actually on the renewal exam for folks over 60. If you answer “(b) let them pass” then the applicant has to take an eye exam. All of us know to answer “(c) slow down.” Guaranteed automatic renewal.
I've seen way too many old people **** up common everyday maneuvers. If you can't remember how to drive after doing it for 40+ years ride your bike at least you won't kill me and my family.
Jaykwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 20:52   #23
Rick C
affiant

^Bless your heart.
Old 01-24-2014, 20:54   #24
elsolo

Once we get 1/10" of rain, CA drivers go full retard.
elsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 20:55   #25
Jaykwish

Quote:
^Bless your heart.
If your sincere thank you if sarcasm is present come drive where I live....and wear a helmet
Old 01-24-2014, 20:59   #26
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

Old 01-24-2014, 20:59   #27
blastfact

Quote:
I've seen way too many old people **** up common everyday maneuvers. If you can't remember how to drive after doing it for 40+ years ride your bike at least you won't kill me and my family.
I give our seniors a pass. They had a very active part in building this country when it was great and free as it's ever been. More moxy and drive than anybody younger than I have seen. As far as I'm concerned ,,,, they can do what ever they want to do, when they want and how they wish to do it.
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 21:07   #28
Jaykwish

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfact View Post
I give our seniors a pass. They had a very active part in building this country when it was great and free as it's ever been. More moxy and drive than anybody younger than I have seen. As far as I'm concerned ,,,, they can do what ever they want to do, when they want and how they wish to do it.
Cause accidents and kill people, you gotta know when to stop doing some things driving is one of them. Driving is a privilege not a right.
Old 01-24-2014, 21:08   #29
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Leaving Florida out because I've never been there...

The worst drivers in the U.S. are in Connecticut.

The most courteous are on the back highways of Texas.

Regards,
Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."

Last edited by happyguy; 01-24-2014 at 21:08..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 21:11   #30
jaws48

IMHO, Snowbirds in AZ.
Old 01-24-2014, 21:12   #31
Rick C
affiant

I've driven the back roads so I wouldn't get weighed.
Old 01-24-2014, 21:15   #32
blastfact

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsolo View Post
It use to amaze me how they all wrecked when witches lighting streaked across the sky in LA County and not raining in Orange County. The 405 or PCH heading north would turn into a parking lot with wrecks. It was like they would take there hands off the steering wheel and cover there eyes.

First time I saw it happen I learned a lesson real fast. Never drive a nice car in SoCal. In those days one could still buy a beater worthless American boat for $50.00. Drive it for 30 days. Then cut the springs, put a cheap set of knock off skinny wheels on it with mex. retreads. Rattle can the fender wells white and maybe even hook up some cheap red, blue or green lights in the fender wells. Take the cars to Santa Anna, Long Beach or East LA and make bank on them.

The money went into motorcycles.
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 21:16   #33
Rick C
affiant

Quote:
Please expound on how old people have screwed up and endangered your family during your daily driving experience.
Old 01-24-2014, 21:18   #34
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

I only know two OTR truckers personally. Both ex-cons. Brothers. Proud of being able to drive around 100 Mph to the left coast and back. Both have had major accidents while driving due to (in their words) doing something else at the time. One broke his back and shared the insurance money with his brother/employer. laugh at taking drugs while driving. laugh at car drivers cause they outweigh them.

ADDED:

50/60 years ago the OTR Truckers were the finest people and drivers on the road. I used to look for them to lead me on major trips. Now, not so much.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 21:19   #35
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsolo View Post
My aunt calls it "water soluble driving skills". As soon as there's any kind of precipitation, their driving skills go out the window.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 21:20   #36
Jaykwish

Quote:
Please expound on how old people have screwed up and endangered your family during your daily driving experience.
Slamming on the brakes at a green light causing me to hit the brakes and almost having the coal truck behind me smash my small car(I live in coal country). Turn halfway onto a street and realize it's one way and yank the wheel back into my lane, drive 40 mph on the interstate I could go on and on, there's no point, old people can't drive.
Old 01-24-2014, 21:29   #37
Rick C
affiant

Quote:
Slamming on the brakes at a green light causing me to hit the brakes and almost having the coal truck behind me smash my small car(I live in coal country). Turn halfway onto a street and realize it's one way and yank the wheel back into my lane, drive 40 mph on the interstate I could go on and on, there's no point, old people can't drive.
Since you seem to be a last word sort of person, I will offer up driving in a parking lot as the epitome of no rules apply (regardless of age) driving. It is what can not be unseen.
Old 01-24-2014, 21:30   #38
Redheadhunter21

As a rule of thumb truck drivers are usually safer drivers than the average car driver. Like in all things a couple bad apples can ruin it for everyone. The problem is a truck causes a lot more damage then a 4k car.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Redheadhunter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 21:31   #39
Jaykwish

Quote:
Since you seem to be a last word sort of person, I will offer up driving in a parking lot as the epitome of no rules apply (regardless of age) driving. It is what can not be unseen.
What?
Old 01-24-2014, 21:33   #40
Kevinr20

My biggest pet peeve are idiots trying to merge onto a 65 or 75mph highway at 45mph. They get mad because they can't get over and usually end up merging at the very last second over the now solid lanes forcing other drivers to hit the brakes or rear end them.

Tags
elderly truckers, germany again...