Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-24-2014, 17:36   #1
NAS T MAG

Worst drivers in the US are.......

Without a doubt, OTR truckers. Most major accidents are caused or contributed by them. Look at the latest Indiana incident. Six lengths for every 10mph would have prevented this.

If they would follow the knowledge of most drivers, no more than one truck would ever be involved in an accident.

I would like to see semi's limited on the road from 9pm to 6am. It would make the roads safer for all of us.

I really hate truck drivers in bad weather.
NAS T MAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 17:52   #2
Batesmotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAS T MAG View Post
Most major accidents are caused or contributed by them
Citation needed.
Old 01-24-2014, 17:55   #3
Dave514

Cars are just as bad. And they enjoy cutting in front of Semis, which weigh too much to stop as fast.

Personally, I think there are more bad car drivers but that accident is a bad one. Way too many people going too fast for the conditions.
“I will not attack your doctrines nor your creeds if they accord liberty to me. If they hold thought to be dangerous - if they aver that doubt is a crime, then I attack them one and all, because they enslave the minds of men."
Robert Ingersoll
Dave514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 17:56   #4
Dave514

Accident in question...

http://fox17online.com/2014/01/23/ma...94-in-indiana/
“I will not attack your doctrines nor your creeds if they accord liberty to me. If they hold thought to be dangerous - if they aver that doubt is a crime, then I attack them one and all, because they enslave the minds of men."
Robert Ingersoll
Dave514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 18:03   #5
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict

Quote:
Without a doubt, OTR truckers. Most major accidents are caused or contributed by them. Look at the latest Indiana incident. Six lengths for every 10mph would have prevented this.

If they would follow the knowledge of most drivers, no more than one truck would ever be involved in an accident.
When was the last time you could drive down the highway and other drivers would let you keep that distance between other cars? I'm lucky when I can keep 3 lengths going down 75.

Last edited by stolenphot0; 01-24-2014 at 18:04..
stolenphot0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 18:03   #6
oldgraywolf
NRA, SAF

Drive anything commercially for a while and you'll get a pretty good picture of who the worst drivers are.

definatally
rediculas
theirs'
oldgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 18:08   #7
jfost11

To the OP, when you go around a slower 18 wheeler on the interstate, do you go a minimum of 36 truck lengths before getting back over? The way the majority of people drive, an OTR truck driver can not possibly follow at your idea of a proper following distance. I'm on the interstate for 64 miles every day I work. Yes, there are some dolts in big rigs but, most of the time they're just caught up among the idiots in cars.
jfost11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 18:14   #8
scwine
It was me!

Well, I would say most drivers in San Antonio. Every week I hear about a wrong way driver on the freeway(usually after midnight) running into and killing someone else.

Second, the 18 wheelers south of San Antonio(in the Eagle Ford Shale Area) in the oil patch are really bad as well. Too many young and/or overworked drivers of those rigs are always all over the road causing accidents.

Last edited by scwine; 01-24-2014 at 18:55..
scwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 18:18   #9
RenoF250

I don't like the truck drivers that pass at 0.05 mph faster than the truck in the right lane only to give up and pull back in behind him but other than that I see WAY more bad driving from cars than semis.
RenoF250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 18:19   #10
rock_castle

I actually think most truck drivers are among the best drivers. Most really old people, not so much.
rock_castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 18:58   #11
blackxpress

Nashvillians are the worst drivers. I've lived all over and spent 10 years in Middle TN. They win the prize for sure. Wrote a song about it. Want to hear it? Here it go.

blackxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 19:11   #12
paynter2
It ain't over

Worst = Humung. Or as they like to spell it 'Hmong'.

They can't read the road signs and have no concept of spacial awareness. Stare straight ahead and trust in whatever god they worship.

I'm a big time pedestrian. When I see a Toyota in St. Paul I dive for cover.

the Humung women are the worst. Sorry if that's racist or sexist. If they find my body under an Toyota 4-Runner - they will forgive me.
Old 01-24-2014, 19:15   #13
Buki192327

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgraywolf View Post
Drive anything commercially for a while and you'll get a pretty good picture of who the worst drivers are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfost11 View Post
To the OP, when you go around a slower 18 wheeler on the interstate, do you go a minimum of 36 truck lengths before getting back over? The way the majority of people drive, an OTR truck driver can not possibly follow at your idea of a proper following distance. I'm on the interstate for 64 miles every day I work. Yes, there are some dolts in big rigs but, most of the time they're just caught up among the idiots in cars.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Club #46
Buki192327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 20:12   #14
Jaykwish

Old people in my area, anyone old enough to draw in social security should have to retake their drivers test.
Jaykwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 20:19   #15
Wake_jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoF250 View Post
I don't like the truck drivers that pass at 0.05 mph faster than the truck in the right lane only to give up and pull back in behind him but other than that I see WAY more bad driving from cars than semis.
I have been stuck for MILES behind trucks doing that, and they were running 10 mph UNDER the posted limit. I hate it. Those truckers are road hogs and generally look at 4 wheelers with contempt.

Back in the day... they were a lot more considerate... even to each other. It is rare any more to see a truck flash their headlights to let another truck it is safe to move back in the lane after passing... and even more rare to have the other truck knowledge the kindness with a blink of their running lights.
Wake_jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 20:32   #16
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:

I would like to see semi's limited on the road from 9pm to 6am. It would make the roads safer for all of us.

I really hate truck drivers in bad weather.
Four second interval is easier to determine than vehicle lengths. Add a couple of seconds in foul weather and poor road conditions.

Regards,
Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 20:39   #17
oldgraywolf
NRA, SAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake_jumper View Post

Back in the day... they were a lot more considerate... even to each other. It is rare any more to see a truck flash their headlights to let another truck it is safe to move back in the lane after passing... and even more rare to have the other truck knowledge the kindness with a blink of their running lights.
The same is true of passenger car drivers. It's a reflection on how society is changing. Most older truckers are still pretty decent, some younger ones, not so much. People are people--some decent, some jerks.

definatally
rediculas
theirs'
oldgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 20:40   #18
blastfact

The 50% that should not have a drivers license.
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 20:42   #19
Detectorist

Florida has the worst, bar none.

“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 20:43   #20
Bruce M

I agree it might be nice to see some statistics for miles driven versus crashes.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
elderly truckers, germany again...