Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:17   #21
engineer151515

I have no problem purchasing from the most economical, highest quality manufacturer that legally imports into the United States or manufactures here.

Got really burned buying a Chrysler in the early 80's, when Lee Iacocca was throwing down the gauntlet regarding buy American and matching world class quality. My Dad bought a Toyota Corolla at the same time, whilst I waved the "buy American" flag and questioned his economic loyality. He laughed. His car ran for decades past my broken, trouble riddled POS. I apologized for being a dumb-ass young person.

China's learned a lot about manufacturing QA and Six Sigma production because of the number of American companies setting up shop over there. There is little in the rhealm of manufactured products that they don't have their hands in, even if it is simply components.

Last edited by engineer151515; 01-20-2014 at 16:45..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:57   #22
THEPOPE
Nibb

American companies need to scream their products 'made in the USA' from the roof-tops, big, bold letters on their products with flags all over it....don't make me search for USA made stuff....easier to glance and see it's from America, proudly made by US citizens....not illegals, for they are NOT US citizens, criminals to boot....

BUT we live in an era that is clouded by the (snicker) 'leaders' of our Nation....

Our current dictator believes he will take us down to 3rd world status, and he is doing it tirelessly....he needs removed from office and forced to live, penny-less, in Haiti or a similar 3rd world , then he may open his eyes...but I doubt it.

I am out...

the Pope with most....Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
THEPOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 15:10   #23
Silas.soule

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
I enjoy trying to boycott Chinese goods, but I take much greater pleasure in trying to boycott all unions.

Without unions, it might be possible to build products in America again.
Maybe even defeat Obama's demonrats and really annoy the media.

Lots of clothes are made outside of China now, even shoes.
When I buy products from the Far East, my preferences in order are to buy products made in Taiwan, South Korea, then Japan.

I also try to avoid products from Muslim countries and communist states such as Illinois, California, Maryland, etc.

I enjoy it.

When unions were strong in America, the economy was great, and we had a middle class.
Silas.soule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 15:14   #24
Silas.soule

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESI View Post
IM in ! I go out of my way to not buy products made in "China"
A true American! My hat's off to you.

We can't avoid buying some things made over there, but as I said . .

. . we can cost Red China an aircraft carrier or two.

BTW, I read just yesterday that they convicted and jailed 20-some Chinese citizens who were struggling for freedom of speech and thought.

an aircraft carrier
a couple of subs
asphalt to repair the potholes the Communists in limousines bounce in every morning . .

communists in limousines, what utter hypocrits
Old 01-18-2014, 15:45   #25
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbedwiresmile View Post
I'm not saying it's impossible to fully boycot Chinese made goods, but it's fairly challenging.
Particularly on after tax wages of the average American. Funny how that works
Old 01-18-2014, 15:46   #26
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas.soule View Post
When unions were strong in America, the economy was great, and we had a middle class.
Funny to mention unions while decrying Chinese manufacturing.
Old 01-19-2014, 14:05   #27
Patchman
Florist

I passed the opportunity to tour China (Peking, Xian, Shanghai and Hong Kong) this coming March. I thought 12 days of buying China made trinkets? 12 days of eating China produced foodstuff? And 12 days of breathing China smog?

Forgetaboutit.

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.

Last edited by Patchman; 01-19-2014 at 15:12..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 14:49   #28
railfancwb

"A Year Without Made in China"

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 01-23-2014, 16:51   #29
Silas.soule

Quote:
Originally Posted by railfancwb View Post

Cool!
Old 01-23-2014, 17:19   #30
LurpyGeek

Threads like this always make me smile because EVERY POST IN THIS THREAD WAS TYPED ON A DEVICE THAT WAS MADE IN CHINA.

If not fully assembled there, the majority of the components are from there.

I'm all for buying American as much as you can, and I make an effort to read labels and use that info in my decision making, but...

A) I recognize that there are quality products produced for a good value in other countries as well

and

B) All of you who are talking about how your appliance is American and your car is German... sorry, but you're all fooling yourselves. All of them have Chinese components in them.
The above text may or may not represent the views of Glock Talk, LurpyGeek, or various personalities contained therein. May not be reproduced without the express written consent of Major League Baseball. Keep out of reach of children. Consult a doctor before reading. May cause drowsiness, itching, apathy and vomiting. Do not resume sexual activity while operating heavy machinery. Thank you and good day.
LurpyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boycott, china, hacking