SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:36   #26
WarEagle32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
By the time that happens we'll all likely be long down the road with other manufacturer's guns by our side.

Sadly very likely!
WarEagle32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:38   #27
Nakanokalronin
JMB & MTK

Quote:
By the time that happens we'll all likely be long down the road with other manufacturer's guns by our side.
I agree. I'm not brand loyal, so I see no reason to wait for Glock when there are already so many great carry option out there from other manufactures.
Nakanokalronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:40   #28
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Send a message via AIM to Jer Send a message via MSN to Jer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakanokalronin View Post
I agree. I'm not brand loyal, so I see no reason to wait for Glock when there are already so many great carry option out there from other manufactures.
It's funny that people called me a fanboi because, at the time, Glock was the best for what I needed. Now-a-days there are other 'bests' and people are coming around to see that I'm loyal to whatever is the best value that fits my needs.

Tactical Commander - Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)
Jer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:46   #29
March817

Both are interesting. I'd beta test the Remington this year, but no way in hell am I going to beta test something from the motherland of customer satisfaction.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:07   #30
Gregg702
Gold Membership

Like many others, the Remington has piqued my interest, and if I can get ahold of one, I will most likely buy it. The Arsenal, on the other hand, really is not my cup of tea, but I can see the benefits of the design.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:36   #31
fastbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafish View Post
South Carolina.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.
If the company is able to make the gun entirely in the US, offering an aluminum frame and a steel slide with sweeping curves and early 20th century lines ... and sell it for under $400 .... that will be very impressive, indeed.

Reading about the 10 pre-production pistols tested by authors at the range, and how the functioning issues encountered were all able to be resolved with light cleaning & lubrication, I'd like to see some further testing done before I'd have any interest in adding yet another compact 9 to my retirement CCW collection.

If this new pistol is ammo sensitive (power levels and/or bullet shape) or cleanliness/lube sensitive, there are any number of other compact 9's available that are more forgiving of such influences.

Granted, it does have some 1920's & 30's nostalgic eye appeal for folks who enjoy retro-style pistols of yesteryear.
Sub Club #9; .40 S&W Club #1953; S&W Club #3913
Retired LE - firearms instructor/armorer
fastbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:53   #32
Tiro Fijo

The problem with Remington is that they are owned by Cerberus, the same corp. that owns and drove Marlin into the ground. As well, go over to the Rem. Forum and you'll find no few want a new Rem. rifle, especially a .22 LR, as the quality is so bad. I have a wait & see approach here.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:54   #33
WayneJessie

Arsenal decided to weld two 1911 pistols together. Bac, do you have one of those? It makes Glock look skinny.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:59   #34
WayneJessie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
The problem with Remington is that they are owned by Cerberus, the same corp. that owns and drove Marlin into the ground. As well, go over to the Rem. Forum and you'll find no few want a new Rem. rifle, especially a .22 LR, as the quality is so bad. I have a wait & see approach here.
Yep. Cerberus destroyed Marlin. All the beautiful old Marlins that were at their old HQ looted by the fatheads. You could not give me a Remington rifle for my own use. The only Remmy I would buy would be an older 700.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:31   #35
Clusterfrack

I'm still very happy with Glock as my main handgun platform. I am glad to see a slim 9mm with a decent trigger to give the Shield some competition. The Arsenal also looks interesting, but after the Caracal debacle I'm pretty skeptical. Looks like the Arsenal has a nonstandard, and crappy, rear sight just like the Caracal did. That alone is a deal breaker for me.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-09-2014 at 12:31..
Clusterfrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:30   #36
carbon_15
1*

Held one yesterday....I'm on the list! Not too big, not too small, and an all metal construction...love it
Attached Thumbnails
General Firearms Forum - Click for larger version  
Old 01-10-2014, 06:45   #37
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Definitely too big for pocket carry, but it would fill the void between my P228 and P938.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:49   #38
DaBurna

The R51.... Sexiness personified!!

Psssssst don't look now, but the Arsenal Strike-Uno is a dressed up, beefed up, priced up Caracal... Look at it's design shape and features.... (Minus the "innovative" barrel link-up function) I owned a Caracal F & C.... Good shooters, but got out during the cash and dash refund offer Caracal offered. If these are not imported in the $400~$550 range.... Fughetta Boutit!!!

Last edited by DaBurna; 01-10-2014 at 06:52..
DaBurna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:54   #39
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurna View Post
The R51.... Sexiness personified!!

Psssssst don't look now, but the Arsenal Strike-Uno is a dressed up, beefed up, priced up Caracal... Look at it's design shape and features.... (Minus the "innovative" barrel link-up function) I owned a Caracal F & C.... Good shooters, but got out during the cash and dash refund offer Caracal offered. If these are not imported in the $400~$550 range.... Fughetta Boutit!!!
It does look a lot like the Caracal...

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:02   #40
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_15 View Post
Held one yesterday....I'm on the list! Not too big, not too small, and an all metal construction...love it
Very nice

I look forward to seeing one myself.

1911 Buyer's Guide
Old 01-10-2014, 07:07   #41
Haldor
Retired EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger1968 View Post
Uhm...That "Ruger" R51 says REMINGTON on the side of it.....

As for the "StrikeOne", I'm not sure what it's going to do that a G-17 or an XD isn't, except cost almost twice as much.....
Don't worry, Ruger will have a copy of the R51 out next year.
Guys! Guys! He's down! Stop kicking him! If he shows up on another thread, Tasers are indicated, but for now, let him slink off into the shadows to lick his wounds and ponder how deeply cool and misunderstood he is!
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.
Haldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:09   #42
Haldor
Retired EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagle32 View Post
I totally agree with this. I still love my Glocks. I have owned 9 of them and currently have a 19 and 26. They were my carry pistols for years, bigger and smaller. I NEVER thought this would happen, However, I have changed my 2 main carry guns away from Glock. My larger carry gun is now an H&K 45C, and my smaller carry gun is now a Kahr PM9. Although, I still carry my Glocks sometimes. They will never be retired! I would love a "Shieldish" Glock, but Gaston has never cared about what anyone else thought. He won't be around forever, even though he plans to live to 125 years old. When he does lose control maybe lots of us Glock fans will get some of the variety we have wanted for SO long!
Similar situation. Down to just a G20 and a G26 myself.
Guys! Guys! He's down! Stop kicking him! If he shows up on another thread, Tasers are indicated, but for now, let him slink off into the shadows to lick his wounds and ponder how deeply cool and misunderstood he is!
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.
Haldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:15   #43
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Can't wait for the Remington to become readily available. Not going to make the mistake I did on the XDs just to have one early. Of course I loved my XDs until Springfield screwed it up.

As for that other thing... saying it has a low bore axis, then comparing it (pictorially) to a .... Sig .....

GLOCK and M&P both have pretty low bore axis, so wonder how much lower it will be in that comparison.
BuckyP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:26   #44
mac66
Plant the seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_15 View Post
You either have small hands or that gun is bigger than I thought. Supposed to be the same size as a Ruger LC9. What do you think?
Old 01-10-2014, 07:28   #45
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

For those questioning the height over bore as compared to other popular similar size handguns:

Old 01-10-2014, 07:30   #46
WayneJessie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyP View Post
Can't wait for the Remington to become readily available. Not going to make the mistake I did on the XDs just to have one early. Of course I loved my XDs until Springfield screwed it up.

As for that other thing... saying it has a low bore axis, then comparing it (pictorially) to a .... Sig .....

GLOCK and M&P both have pretty low bore axis, so wonder how much lower it will be in that comparison.

Perhaps they compared it to a Sig because it will be priced competitively to Sig all- metal pistols. Maybe they don't see the major poly-guns as any competition to their new fangled pistols.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:38   #47
WayneJessie

Quote:
For those questioning the height over bore as compared to other popular similar size handguns:
Strike One comparative high speed video - YouTube

What's with the spooky music? I'm wondering how you can possibly maintain the exact same grip on every gun to measure such small changes in angle. Not saying it's a deliberate mis-interpretation but the angles measured are so close that you'd think the smallest change in grip would affect the results.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:15   #48
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneJessie View Post
What's with the spooky music? I'm wondering how you can possibly maintain the exact same grip on every gun to measure such small changes in angle. Not saying it's a deliberate mis-interpretation but the angles measured are so close that you'd think the smallest change in grip would affect the results.
I brought up this same point w/my buddy along w/the Mr Rodgers sweater sleeves. If it was my firearm I was marketing I would limp wrist every other gun & then apply the locked out wrists of Odin when demonstrating my firearm. Not saying that's what they did, just pointing out how unscientific the 'test' is as there are too many potential variables when there should be only one: height over bore. Regardless of that fact we can extrapolate that the actual height over bore is likely accurate enough for our consumption & conversation.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:34   #49
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldor View Post

You're probably right, my friend.

1911 Buyer's Guide
Old 01-10-2014, 09:24   #50
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldor View Post
Good'un!!!

Tags
arsenal, glock, handgun, remington, shot