Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:22   #81
Tedge

Carry Issues

Tedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:15   #82
MStarmer
In Jail...

Back when I was commuting rain or shine I tried tank bag, GIVI bag in back, holstered on hip and inside jacket pocket. The on bike carry methods left me unarmed if I was pushed off the bike, the on hip holster worried me if I dumped it. I settled on my 340PD J-frame in a pocket. None of them easy to get at with gloves and gear on so it's always going to be a compromise. If I was still riding I'd be using one of these from Survival Sheath Systems.

http://www.survivalsheath.com/holste...s/newchest.jpg
Old 01-02-2014, 13:29   #83
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMeyers View Post
I ride a Harley and have for over 30 years. You have disdain for me simply because I ride a Harley Davidson?? You have never met me, you don't know me and we have never talked.

I find your comment small-minded and disgusting. Perhaps you think others should bow down to you as apparently you are from some superior race of beings.

BK
It's hard to be humble when one rides Italian sport bikes.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 01-02-2014, 13:33   #84
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMeyers View Post
I ride a Harley and have for over 30 years. You have disdain for me simply because I ride a Harley Davidson?? You have never met me, you don't know me and we have never talked.

I find your comment small-minded and disgusting. Perhaps you think others should bow down to you as apparently you are from some superior race of beings.

BK
It's obvious he's a troll and he's compensating if you read his other posts.

Regards,
Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."

Last edited by happyguy; 01-02-2014 at 13:33..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 15:20   #85
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
It's obvious he's a troll and he's compensating if you read his other posts.

Regards,
Happyguy
I'm compensating for old age. The older I get, the faster I ride because I realize that life is too damn short to ride slow, ugly American bikes.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:59   #86
SpringerTGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
It's hard to be humble when one rides Italian sport bikes.

I finally gave up on Italian sport bikes. I've had a LOT of them, and all of them race prepped. My (former) best friend manages the local Ducati shop.
My BMW1000RR works better out of the crate than the last 1198 I had over $30K in.
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 14:32   #87
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dot View Post
How do you get shot in the chest if it's in your pocket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Must be a grazing wound . . . . .
Old 01-03-2014, 14:36   #88
Jaykwish

I have a harley and some harley people make me want to get rid of it because of how they act. Just because you have a harley doesn't mean your a harda** you don't have to wear leather and have a beard and you don't have to go to bars when riding. People think they have to act the stereotype of being a harley owner. It makes people like me look like an a**.
Jaykwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 15:35   #89
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
I finally gave up on Italian sport bikes. I've had a LOT of them, and all of them race prepped. My (former) best friend manages the local Ducati shop.
My BMW1000RR works better out of the crate than the last 1198 I had over $30K in.
The S1000RR, is that the one that despite an assload of horsepower yet kept getting outperformed on the tracks by the Aprilia RSV4? Both in stock form and race form.

Old 01-03-2014, 15:37   #90
cloudbuster

I seem to have stumbled into the motorcycle forum. Do you guys carry your Italian sport bikes IWB or OWB?
"A constitutional guarantee subject to future judges’ assessments of its usefulness is no constitutional guarantee at all." -- Justice Antonin Scalia, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ET AL. v. HELLER, June 26, 2008
cloudbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 16:14   #91
SpringerTGO

Quote:
The S1000RR, is that the one that despite an assload of horsepower yet kept getting outperformed on the tracks by the Aprilia RSV4? Both in stock form and race form.

I like the RSV4. A friend of mine has one. I had an early Mille R, a Pegaso, and a 550SM.
When I bought my RR there wasn't an Aprilia dealer in my area.
As to the RSV4 outperforming the RR on tracks, everything I've seen is pretty much fractions of a second, by the some of the best riders in the world. Even though this is the 'net, I'll still admit I'm not as good as those riders. When I raced it was on a GSXR 1000, and the RR feels like what the GSXR would be if Suzuki got their ***** together and put real development into their bike. It is vastly easier to ride than any Ducati I've owned, and I've owned everyone of their superbikes from the 998 to the 1198SP. Sometimes multiples at that. I test rode the Panigale before I bought the RR, but for me, the RR is much easier to ride.
If you have an RSV4 and ever get out to ride Miller Motorsports Park it might be fun to (try) to chase you for a few laps.
Old 01-03-2014, 20:22   #92
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
I like the RSV4. A friend of mine has one. I had an early Mille R, a Pegaso, and a 550SM.
When I bought my RR there wasn't an Aprilia dealer in my area.
As to the RSV4 outperforming the RR on tracks, everything I've seen is pretty much fractions of a second, by the some of the best riders in the world. Even though this is the 'net, I'll still admit I'm not as good as those riders. When I raced it was on a GSXR 1000, and the RR feels like what the GSXR would be if Suzuki got their ***** together and put real development into their bike. It is vastly easier to ride than any Ducati I've owned, and I've owned everyone of their superbikes from the 998 to the 1198SP. Sometimes multiples at that. I test rode the Panigale before I bought the RR, but for me, the RR is much easier to ride.
If you have an RSV4 and ever get out to ride Miller Motorsports Park it might be fun to (try) to chase you for a few laps.
Ducatis have always been known for pretty bikes instead of performance bikes. Aprilia and the Japanese have superior chassis designs for years.

I don't want an RSV4. I have always been a naked bike type. I've owned both 1st and 2nd generation Tuonos. Aprilia pissed me off by detaining the Tuono V4 or otherwise I would have bought one.

But that's OK because KTM got the 1290 Super Duke coming. No detained, no apologies - pure power and torque.

Old 01-03-2014, 20:23   #93
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbuster View Post
I seem to have stumbled into the motorcycle forum. Do you guys carry your Italian sport bikes IWB or OWB?
Chest harness...in custom leathers, of course.

Old 01-03-2014, 21:37   #94
tenforme

Quote:
Chest harness...in custom leathers, of course.

I thought we carried our sport bikes two handed, at low ready

I get where you are coming from wrt bikes. I have an Aprilia Capanord which goes everywhere including off road and a highly modified track only Yammy R1.

I don't understand the point of any of the 700lb+ under-powered, zero ground clearance barges that so many riders seem to love.

Most of all I don't get why so many of the cruiser types feel the need to dress-up like pirates.

In my humble and clearly uninformed opinion, the only difference between I can see between a cluster of Hardleys clogging up the twisties in the summer and a Gay Pride ride, seems to be that the Gay Pride riders are younger, sober and in better shape

At least its winter now and the summer only cruisers are off the roads.

Back on topic. I carried today and the gun was in my top box easily accessible in the unlikely event that I would need it.
tenforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:26   #95
SpringerTGO

Quote:
Ducatis have always been known for pretty bikes instead of performance bikes. Aprilia and the Japanese have superior chassis designs for years.

I don't want an RSV4. I have always been a naked bike type. I've owned both 1st and 2nd generation Tuonos. Aprilia pissed me off by detaining the Tuono V4 or otherwise I would have bought one.

But that's OK because KTM got the 1290 Super Duke coming. No detained, no apologies - pure power and torque.

Ducati owned WSB for a decade. If you were racing Twins class, what bike would you choose over a Ducati?
Most of Ducatis WSB technology can be purchased, if you have the money.
The KTM dealers here barely know how to put air in the tires. They treat their street bike customers like trash. They didn't even know how to get an oil filter for my 690 when the model changed. Plus, KTM treats their street bike customers the same way they treat their dirt bike customers...... so if you are getting a KTM street bike you'd better be good with a wrench.

This year I'm probably going to endurance race the RR. It will be nice to put a bike on the track that doesn't need a single thing to be competitive other than a couple of clicks on the suspension. And it will be nice to race a bike that only requires oil and tire changes.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:47   #96
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Ducati owned WSB for a decade.
That's because they invested a lot of money in WSBK, and they were the only ones running the V-twin until Suzuki and Honda got into it, and of course the Aprilia RSVR. The only reason why Aprilia didn't do well in WSBK and MotoGP was because they had no moolah.

The RSVR family had proven to be a better and more reliable performer than the Ducati V-twin.

Quote:
If you were racing Twins class, what bike would you choose over a Ducati?
But then you don't have to race a V-Twin. That's why God invented V-4.
Quote:
Most of Ducatis WSB technology can be purchased, if you have the money.
Same with Aprilia and BMW. Buy a RSV4 Factory, or a BMW HP4. Same money as a tricked out Duck, but better and faster bikes.
Quote:
The KTM dealers here barely know how to put air in the tires. They treat their street bike customers like trash. They didn't even know how to get an oil filter for my 690 when the model changed. Plus, KTM treats their street bike customers the same way they treat their dirt bike customers...... so if you are getting a KTM street bike you'd better be good with a wrench.
Granted that most KTM dealers are still dirt dogs (hey, that's their heritage), but there are some good KTM street bike dealers. I can't help it if you don't have good KTM shops to go to.
Old 01-04-2014, 17:10   #97
SpringerTGO

Quote:
That's because they invested a lot of money in WSBK, and they were the only ones running the V-twin until Suzuki and Honda got into it, and of course the Aprilia RSVR. The only reason why Aprilia didn't do well in WSBK and MotoGP was because they had no moolah.

The RSVR family had proven to be a better and more reliable performer than the Ducati V-twin.

But then you don't have to race a V-Twin. That's why God invented V-4.

Same with Aprilia and BMW. Buy a RSV4 Factory, or a BMW HP4. Same money as a tricked out Duck, but better and faster bikes.

Granted that most KTM dealers are still dirt dogs (hey, that's their heritage), but there are some good KTM street bike dealers. I can't help it if you don't have good KTM shops to go to.
And Honda didn't invest a fortune in WSB???
No, you don't have to race a V-Twin, but they are fun to race. And Ducati has done exceptionally well with their V-Twins against 4 cylinder bikes and not only in WSB.
I owned an RSVR when Aprilia first introduced it. It was nowhere near as nice as my 998, and other than throwing an exhaust on it there was very little you could do to get it faster. It put out about 117HP. My 998S put out over 153 with some pretty common modifications.
There were 1/2 dozen different clutches for the 998, flywheels, cams, and more.
An RSV4 Factory or HP 4 isn't even close to what the factory teams race. Those bikes put out 225+HP. Do you think you can buy that technology from those companies? You can buy a ton of it from Ducati, especially if you have a decent resume.
A friend of mine raced a former WSB bike and just the electronics alone required a technician from Europe to spend a few days at the track making adjustments. And even then it wasn't close to dialed. You really think a WSB racer would have anything to do with the electronic suspension on an HP4??? Or the stock suspension on an RSV4 Factory for that matter??? Or that those engines are even the same? Those bikes look like what they sell on the showroom, but aren't even similar to ride.
Old 01-04-2014, 23:19   #98
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
And Honda didn't invest a fortune in WSB???
No, you don't have to race a V-Twin, but they are fun to race. And Ducati has done exceptionally well with their V-Twins against 4 cylinder bikes and not only in WSB.
I owned an RSVR when Aprilia first introduced it. It was nowhere near as nice as my 998, and other than throwing an exhaust on it there was very little you could do to get it faster. It put out about 117HP. My 998S put out over 153 with some pretty common modifications.
There were 1/2 dozen different clutches for the 998, flywheels, cams, and more.
An RSV4 Factory or HP 4 isn't even close to what the factory teams race. Those bikes put out 225+HP. Do you think you can buy that technology from those companies? You can buy a ton of it from Ducati, especially if you have a decent resume.
A friend of mine raced a former WSB bike and just the electronics alone required a technician from Europe to spend a few days at the track making adjustments. And even then it wasn't close to dialed. You really think a WSB racer would have anything to do with the electronic suspension on an HP4??? Or the stock suspension on an RSV4 Factory for that matter??? Or that those engines are even the same? Those bikes look like what they sell on the showroom, but aren't even similar to ride.
What makes you think that you can't buy a near WSBK RSV4?

Money talks, BS walks.

Old 01-05-2014, 21:17   #99
SpringerTGO

Quote:
What makes you think that you can't buy a near WSBK RSV4?

Money talks, BS walks.

So you know for a FACT that you can buy current Aprilia WSB technology?

I know for a FACT that you can buy Ducati's. A friend of mine rode for a small motorcycle dealership called Boulder Motorsports, using a Ducati WSB engine, electronics, and suspension. He might have set a record recently on that bike.
His name is Shane Turpin.
Easy enough to verify with Google.

What's the source of your information???

I hope your gun posts are based on more fact than conjecture, because your motorcycle posts are weak.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:20   #100
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
So you know for a FACT that you can buy current Aprilia WSB technology?

I know for a FACT that you can buy Ducati's. A friend of mine rode for a small motorcycle dealership called Boulder Motorsports, using a Ducati WSB engine, electronics, and suspension. He might have set a record recently on that bike.
His name is Shane Turpin.
Easy enough to verify with Google.

What's the source of your information???

I hope your gun posts are based on more fact than conjecture, because your motorcycle posts are weak.
A couple of years ago Aprilia offered a track only RSV4 with plenty of WSB cool gears in it.

Just because YOU didn't know about it...

As far as what my source was, all of the motorcycle magazines posted the same thing. Maybe you should get away from the German and Italian equivalences of Harley Davidson...but if you want to know about all things Aprilia, you are welcome to call the authority on the USA: AF1 Racing in New Braunfels, Texas. Make sure to ask for Ed or Micsh.

As far as my gun posts go, at least I didn't get lambasted for posting some asinine crap about the Springfield XDs. BTW, to your disbelief, they're still made in Croatia.

Last edited by fnfalman; 01-06-2014 at 06:22..
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carry, motorcycle, rc51, riding