Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-12-2014, 19:20   #1
Billy10mm

Is there ammo between NY and Detroit?

Here's the deal. I had about 3K rounds of .22 going into last winter/spring (2012/2013) which was light since I shoot on average about 400 rounds/week with my sons at the range but I didn't think anything of it.

Then Sandy Hook happens and I didn't jump on anything. I got real "lucky" though as weekend commitments and generally crappy weather on other weekends kept me off the range quite a bit, so that 3K rounds actually lasted me all season. I've been stopping by my local Dick's Sporting Goods every week for over a year now and have been unable to find any bulk .22 at all. There is apparently a group of retired asshats who sit at the counter every day and buy up everything that comes in. For over a year, nothing has lasted on the shelf longer than 2 to 3 hours and I've not been able to buy a single box.

However, in about 2 more weeks, my 2014 Camaro SS 1LE will be shipped to my dealership in Detroit and the family and I will be going out on a road trip to pick her up. Anyone know of any areas between NYC and Detroit where I might have a better chance of finding bulk .22?
H&K P30S 9mm
Ruger SR22
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:37   #2
vafish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
Here's the deal. I had about 3K rounds of .22 going into last winter/spring (2012/2013) which was light since I shoot on average about 400 rounds/week with my sons at the range but I didn't think anything of it.

Then Sandy Hook happens and I didn't jump on anything. I got real "lucky" though as weekend commitments and generally crappy weather on other weekends kept me off the range quite a bit, so that 3K rounds actually lasted me all season. I've been stopping by my local Dick's Sporting Goods every week for over a year now and have been unable to find any bulk .22 at all. There is apparently a group of retired asshats who sit at the counter every day and buy up everything that comes in. For over a year, nothing has lasted on the shelf longer than 2 to 3 hours and I've not been able to buy a single box.

However, in about 2 more weeks, my 2014 Camaro SS 1LE will be shipped to my dealership in Detroit and the family and I will be going out on a road trip to pick her up. Anyone know of any areas between NYC and Detroit where I might have a better chance of finding bulk .22?
Nope, same situation nation wide.

Good news is that at the last gun show I went to a couple if weeks ago there were tables full of .22 LR at silly prices and no one was buying it.

Hopefully supply will catch up soon.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.
educate children." -- Confucius
vafish is offline   Reply With Quote