Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:10   #1
ScottMn

Large hands....fingers....and GAP floor plate

It looks like the plate drops a little to allow more space for fingers but when holding my 26 with the standard magazine my finger is substantially over the 10 round plate.

Any opinions?
ScottMn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:24   #2
PBRLite

Put your pinky under the floorplate.
PBRLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:52   #3
bigdogmurph
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBRLite View Post
That's what I do with my 27 with the factory mags. Works good for me.
bigdogmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:07   #4
JerryVO

Quote:
This is what I do too. Works perfectly.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

JerryVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:24   #5
TxGlock9
2014 RACE TIME!

Quote:
this.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:16   #6
ScottMn

guys,

I understand that my pinky goes under the floor plate....I'm talking about the middle and ring fingers being beyond the grip/stock floor plate of the 26.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:03   #7
robhic
Platinum Membership
WOLVERINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMn View Post
guys,

I understand that my pinky goes under the floor plate....I'm talking about the middle and ring fingers being beyond the grip/stock floor plate of the 26.
Maybe I'm just not understanding here. Please explain "beyond" in this context. Do 3 of your fingers hang down below the floorplate? You've got some massive fingers!!!

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
robhic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:32   #8
NewportNewsMike

This is the concept of use for the GAP floor plates (unless your hands / fingers are too big to fit). Then you are probably not a good candidate for the GAP floor plates.
General Glocking
NewportNewsMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 13:24   #9
F-111 John

Or switch from the GAP floorplates to the Pearce PG-2733 Magazine Extensions, and get an extra round as a bonus.

General Glocking
Old 11-23-2013, 15:53   #10
todd_g

As previously suggested, get the GAP floor plates, they work!
Old 11-23-2013, 20:43   #11
ScottMn

I hope these clarify the issue some....

General Glocking
General Glocking

I have been using these extensions.....

General Glocking

Thanks for the pic. It looks like the answer maybe no???
Old 11-24-2013, 01:36   #12
colts1287

looks to me like you are using full size fingers with a sub-compact gun haha
colts1287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:02   #13
robhic
Platinum Membership
WOLVERINE!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS!

That's what it sounded like to me and I couldn't figure it out. Yep, your fingers are TOO BIG! Looks like some kind of extension is what you need. The GAP will assist (like a "hook") to get the gun outta the holster but may hinder you because of finger size. Hmmm .....

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Old 11-24-2013, 12:33   #14
Nakanokalronin
JMB & MTK

Quote:
I hope these clarify the issue some....

General Glocking
Could you take a picture of you holding the G26 straight up and down like a regular grip? You seem to have it tilted in your hand and if I do that with mine, my fingers end up being in the same spot. A proper grip and GAP plate works perfectly.

After that, you try out the GAP plates and if you don't like them, I'll gladly buy them at full price. I don't work for them or have any affiliation, I just like their product.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Nakanokalronin; 11-25-2013 at 18:01..
Nakanokalronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:43   #15
nraman

The G26 isn't for you.
Get a G19.

Pinky goes under the floor plate of the G19 magazine.

Last edited by nraman; 11-24-2013 at 12:46..
nraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:42   #16
ScottMn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakanokalronin View Post
Could you take a picture of you holding the G26 straight up and down like a regular grip? You seem to have it tilted in your hand and if I do that with mine, my fingers end up being in the same spot. A proper grip and GAP plate works perfectly.

After that, you try out the GAP plates and if you don't like them, I'll gladly buy them at full price. I don't work for them or have any affiliation, I just like their product.

ETA: Took pictures to explain...

How you're gripping it in the picture.
General Glocking

Regular firing grip with flat base plate. Notice the gap under the trigger guard is gone.
General Glocking

Gripping with the GAP plate.
General Glocking
Thanks for taking the time and effort to respond... much appreciated.

Yep, in the second pic the gun did tilt away from me because I opened my thumb and pinky. I tried to leave the tips of the middle and ring finger where they were in hopes of showing the position of my ring finger on the grip.

The first one is a better representation of my grip. The tips of my fingers are pointed more toward the meat of my thumb (up) rather than my wrist.

Some of what you see is caused by the condition of the knuckles of my hands...especially the right middle finger. Years of football and rugby have resulted in quite a few broken or dislocated fingers. The right middle finger is rotated clockwise just a bit when straight giving it the appearance that it isn't straight when it's about as tight as it can get to the trigger guard....(.first pic). When compared to your picture, my fingers are farther down the grip due to the thickness of my fingers.

At times, when I draw the gun, I only get a finger and a half on the grip so I have been using Pierce extentions which work well. The draw or grip is very secure using the extensions. I have found that they do stick out a bit especially with light summer clothing and would like to have something smaller that would aid getting my large ham hocks on the gun with a good grip each and every time. One option for summer is ankle carry and the large grips won't work with that option and I was hoping the GAP plates would work for me. They are not expensive so I just may order a set and give them a try.

I do have one concern using them though. If my fingers are tight...and it seems like they will be....will placing a lot of downward pressure on the magazine effect the guns function in any way? It doesn't seem like it would since the G19 mags and extensions have not given me problems but that pressure is more back and forth rather than down.

Thanks for the time guys,

Scott
Old 11-25-2013, 08:53   #17
fuzzy03cls

Quote:
The G26 isn't for you.
This...I'm surprised you can hit anything with accuracy with the huge hands you have trying to make a grip that small work.
fuzzy03cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:22   #18
Nakanokalronin
JMB & MTK

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time and effort to respond... much appreciated.

Yep, in the second pic the gun did tilt away from me because I opened my thumb and pinky. I tried to leave the tips of the middle and ring finger where they were in hopes of showing the position of my ring finger on the grip.

The first one is a better representation of my grip. The tips of my fingers are pointed more toward the meat of my thumb (up) rather than my wrist.

Some of what you see is caused by the condition of the knuckles of my hands...especially the right middle finger. Years of football and rugby have resulted in quite a few broken or dislocated fingers. The right middle finger is rotated clockwise just a bit when straight giving it the appearance that it isn't straight when it's about as tight as it can get to the trigger guard....(.first pic). When compared to your picture, my fingers are farther down the grip due to the thickness of my fingers.

At times, when I draw the gun, I only get a finger and a half on the grip so I have been using Pierce extentions which work well. The draw or grip is very secure using the extensions. I have found that they do stick out a bit especially with light summer clothing and would like to have something smaller that would aid getting my large ham hocks on the gun with a good grip each and every time. One option for summer is ankle carry and the large grips won't work with that option and I was hoping the GAP plates would work for me. They are not expensive so I just may order a set and give them a try.

I do have one concern using them though. If my fingers are tight...and it seems like they will be....will placing a lot of downward pressure on the magazine effect the guns function in any way? It doesn't seem like it would since the G19 mags and extensions have not given me problems but that pressure is more back and forth rather than down.

Thanks for the time guys,

Scott
I see there's a little gap in the first picture as well, but your explanation tells why. I've had downward pressure on the GAP plate while firing and never had a problem. The GAP plate actually makes the magazine wiggle less when locked in so if they do fit you, you won't have a problem with them.

Nakanokalronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:18   #19
robhic
Platinum Membership
WOLVERINE!!!!

Something to think about. I got some enlarged (only word I can think of) floorplates from a company called "Tango Down". They are about 1/16" wider all around the base of the magazine. I got some for my G19 mags.

Not as obtrusive as the GAP plates but stick out a little bit more so you can get a better grip on the mag for whatever reason. Don't know if you'd want those but there's the info if you think it might help in some way.